What would've happened if he lived?

What would've happened if he lived?

Other urls found in this thread:

middleeasteye.net/news/iraq-asked-syrias-assad-not-aid-jihadists-former-official-1553468312
lrb.co.uk/v36/n07/peter-neumann/suspects-into-collaborators
longwarjournal.org/archives/2012/07/slain_syrian_officia.php
time.com/3719129/assad-isis-asset/
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/25/isils-deal-with-bashar-al-assad-and-the-40m-a-month-oil-profits/
google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/02/david-petraeus-bright-idea-give-terrorists-weapons-to-beat-isis
thetimes.co.uk/article/petraeus-us-must-fund-al-qaeda-3s3nbbm0p0m
m.jpost.com/Middle-East/ISIS-Threat/US-should-use-al-Qaida-fighters-to-defeat-ISIS-Petraeus-reportedly-advocates-413880
washingtonexaminer.com/petraeus-use-al-qaeda-affiliated-fighters-to-battle-isis/article/2571214
treasury.gov/press-center/press-releases/Pages/hp845.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I dont know if he would have been better or too autistic and just lead Syria to its downfall ealier rather than his retarded brother, or the "cretinous little douphan of Syria"

Who Bashar? What has he done that makes him retarded? He's less of a retard compared to Hitler. Don't say, "he's a brutal dictator and started the war, the rebels are moderate and good guys". That's a meme that has been thoroughly debunked.

Syria wouldn't even exist compared to now. Even the circumstances of his death, running like crazy with a Mercedes, could reflect his emotional personality, as he was arrogant and a playboy. The Arab Spring was inevitable no matter what, and if he tried to do what his father did, which would've since he was groomed for it, he would've made things even worse.

Basil was a hot head, a military man who would have lost it sooner or later amid the pressure facing the United States, Turkey, ISIS, Al Qaida, Muslim Brotherhood, the assassination attempts, the traitors around him, against all these forces you needed someone calm and pragmatic, which his brother def had more than him. Bassel would have looked at the odds and the pressures pulling him in all directions, he would have made a mistake sooner or later. The accident he had was not uncommon for his personality.

t. pol

Maybe it wasnt a good idea for him to make Syria into an unofficial launching base for al-qeada to flood into Iraq after the fall of Saddam. Now his country is torn to shreads from a civil war after he let in rabbid dogs and they bit him. stupid fuck

Post your nose. I'm not joking.

Yeah and Saddam housed Al-Qaeda too

>lose argument
>"JEWS!"

lol. Its pretty clear all you faggots do is come here hoping for more intelligent people to validate your bullshit by giving you some historical explaniation for why you are right as opposed to your conspiratorial and emotional basis, and when the opposite happens and the truth is laid out which ends up proving you wrong, you just respond emotionally

t. Neocon
It's funny how you believe those memes about Assad and I don't even go on Pol so that insult not going to work on me. Even if he did those stuff that you claimed he did, Syria was stable and you shouldn't have been a Iraq to begin with dumbfuck. What comes around goes around. Syria is a secular state so that idea that he funded Al-Qaeda is completely asinine I bet you think Saddam funded Al-Qaeda. Or I bet you think that Iran runs Al-Qaeda. Do you realize that the Muslim Brotherhood is against Assad and they're against the baath party as well? So this is what neocon propaganda is like. Literally no one buys into your neocon bulshit anymore because that's what it is it makes no sense for Iran or Syria a secular State a dictatorship yes to fund Al-Qaeda and sick it on the Americans in Iraq. They fund Hezbollah but that's not Al Qaeda.

>responds emotionally and posts absolutely nothing
Go ahead and whine about that raid that found literally fuck all and killed some civilians

>Oy vey fuck assad he was hurting precious israel
>if you disagree with me its like you're throwing me in the masturbation machines of treblinka all over again
>how dare you insinuate I'm jewish?

The truth has already been laid out, and it is not on your side. Veeky Forums is far from /pol/ but I'd like to think it's smart enough to see through blatant Israeli propaganda.

DINDU NUFFIN!

middleeasteye.net/news/iraq-asked-syrias-assad-not-aid-jihadists-former-official-1553468312

>syria was stable

lol. Hey dumbass, did you know one of the very first things Bashar did when he took over Syria was release a bunch of muslim brotherhood members from prison?

longwarjournal.org/archives/2012/07/slain_syrian_officia.php

>have nothing to back up your misguided support of some shitty dictator
>call everyone a jew who doesnt buy into it

really made me think

>The alleged support and training for the militants took place in Syria
>alleged

>Iraq's former national security advisor Mowaffak al-Rubaie had warned Syrian President Bashar al-Assad against supporting "jihadi" militants who later become leaders in the Islamic State (IS), the former top Iraqi official said.

>Mowaffak al-Rubaie
>He was appointed as a member of the 25 member Iraqi Governing Council by the Coalition Provisional Authority in July 2003. In April 2004, in recognition of his astute understanding of the risks and challenges faced by Iraq, he was appointed as National Security Advisor (NSA) by the Coalition Provisional Authority. He held this post for its full 5-year term until April 2009, when he was appointed as an MP in Iraq's Council of Representatives (Iraq's Parliament), a role he held until Parliament's dissolution in March 2010. He is considered by mamy Iraqis as a traitor who supported the American occupation and Iranian interests.

>Assad helps al-qeada
>Assad works with ISIS
>Assads retarded actions lead to a civil war
>have this explained to you and resort to nothing but off topic comments about jews

wow, really made me think

time.com/3719129/assad-isis-asset/

>The regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad has long had a pragmatic approach to the Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS), says a Syrian businessman with close ties to the government. Even from the early days the regime purchased fuel from ISIS-controlled oil facilities, and it has maintained that relationship throughout the conflict. “Honestly speaking, the regime has always had dealings with ISIS, out of necessity.”

I didn't call you a Jew, I said you were parroting Israeli propaganda. Whether you're a Jew doing that is irrelevant, regardless of your ethnicity or religion you are playing into the Zionist agenda. Now, you made the claim that Syria was supporting Al Qaeda and that this support ultimately did them in, it's up to you to prove that claim. Until then, I'll continue to point out the fact that you're making baseless, Zionist claims.

Im not parroting israeli propaganda, Im telling your facts of the regime you praised which you didnt know. Its odd that you would even claim something like this when you yourself are clearly parroting Syrian propaganda and are going full dindu mode and have nothing at all to back up any of your arguments.

Assad facilitated and promoted terrorism. Hes not at all the "based nationalist!" you think he is

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/25/isils-deal-with-bashar-al-assad-and-the-40m-a-month-oil-profits/

He released Muslim Brotherhood prisoners because he was giving concession to what the protesters fucking wanted. Even if everything that you said is true, Christians and alawites we're protected by the Syrian state. Christians may not even like Assad but they would prefer him over the rebels. What did you want him to do not release any of the prisoners in the initial protest of the Arab Spring? He would be branded a dictator if he killed the Muslim Brotherhood which he does anyway because the Muslim Brotherhood are terrorists in Syria. You don't govern a country based solely on religious law. And I know you'll say but you support Iran. No I don't support a ran but I ran is not a wahhabi state or a salafist state either. Look at the end of the day Assad is not a good guy and he is responsible for plenty of atrocities but compared to Saddam who murdered a quarter of a million Iraqis and compared to hafez al-assad who killed tens of thousands within a couple of weeks of civilians in 1982 and was a lot more brutal and he would have been a lot more brutal on the protesters and brutal and general if he was alive. We're tired of your neocon propaganda, how many more people need to be killed because you want us to think Assad is bad so we should get involved because think of the children muh al qaeda?

>Buying his own oil because he is in the middle of a war
>Somehow similar to giving weapons and business to terrorists
Meanwhile they still tried to keep taking Palmyra and DeZ while your dumb ass gave them weapons like candy

>you probably will say this!
>you probably think that!

Can you stop projecting for the love of god? Hey, heres an idea, just give your people the civil rights they asked for in the initial peaceful protest. And you are conveintly ignoring the fact that he facilitated and tried to use terrorism for his own goals, specifically in the killing of American troops and the sabotaging of the new government in Iraq, and he also worked with ISIS.

> how many more people need to be killed because you want us to think Assad is bad so we should get involved because think of the children muh al qaeda?

Really, why are you saying this when he is the one who worked with them?

The cognitive dissonance you are exibiting is amazing

>h-he had to work with ISIS! he a good boy who dindu nuffin!

Not an argument. Al-Qaeda is not an ally of Assad and never would be. It literally makes no sense for Assad to fund a group in a neighboring country that essentially want his head on a stake. Especially considering Al-Qaeda are basically a low-key proxy militant group of the House of Saud and are in fact, literally fighting a war with Assad himself at this very moment. If you said that Assad was funding someone like Hezbollah (An arm of their Iranian allies) or Sadam himself, I would be more inclined to believe you. But the Syrian government would under no circumstances fund a Saudi Arabian Sunni Radical group. It's completely fucking retarded and makes absolutely no sense from a strategic stand point.

also
>buying your own oil
>Assad facilitated and promoted terrorism

lel

He literally did it because they were holding Aleppo hostage with the energy you idiot, the shit was literally supplying Aleppo, go and keep crying about he bought oil while your stupid ass gave them a fuckload of weaponry that took half of Iraq

I am going to project because you're posting neocon propaganda that has no basis in reality no matter how many times you're going to post me that same neocon dribble crap from The Washington Post or from the telegraph from the UK. Assad is not working with Al-Qaeda and he did not work with Al-Qaeda at all. And what comes around goes around stay out of Iraq should have been there in the first place. you think Syris is just going to become some magical democracy because you want Assad to respect civil rights and freedom. That's all good at all but here's the thing though Syria hasn't had a democracy since the 1950s because the CIA and the USSR decided to dick around with the country but it was the US that dicked around with them first. I believe it was in 1949 that the CIA staged a coup in Syria for geopolitical reasons and since then Syria has been plagued with corruption coups and dictatorship it's not all the US's fault but the US played a role in what has happened with Syria. And now Isis has been defeated. Assad is the lesser of two evils Christians were being persecuted by these Rebels these Rebels were threatening genocide of alawites if Assad fell.

>Assef Shawkat[n1] (Arabic: آصف شوكت; 15 January 1950 – 18 July 2012) was the deputy Minister of Defense of Syria from September 2011 until his death in July 2012.

>After joining the army, Shawkat began working his way up through the ranks, and by 1982 he was an officer in the Defense Companies paramilitary force headed by Rifaat al-Assad, the brother of Syrian President Hafez al-Assad.

>was Assads brother in law after marrying his sister

>longwarjournal.org/archives/2012/07/slain_syrian_officia.php

>Leaked State Department cables show that Shawkat was one of al Qaeda in Iraq’s (AQI) most important patrons. And he played this role on behalf of his brother-in-law, Bashar al Assad.

Im using actual sources and all you can do is project because you have no actual argument to defend your shitty dictator. You have allowed yourself to be manipulated by syrian propaganda

the 88% of syrians who support Assad will beg to differ and I never said that I completely support Assad and I clearly called it a dictatorship you idiot read a little clearer next time and your sources are State Department run propaganda they have no basis in reality and are using debunked propaganda Poise that was used as a justification to invade Iraq in 2003. Saddam did not have weapons of mass destruction and if he did they were in storage chemical weapons and he did not fund Al-Qaeda and Assad it does not fund Al-Qaeda. Get it through your head they want him dead. politics can make a strange bedfellows but geopolitics are also a real thing Saudi Arabia does not like Assad because it's an alawite regime backed by Iran that is shia that is constantly being attacked by the likes of al-Qaeda, the Communists MEK and Jundallah.

>claimed by fucking General Petreaus
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>and he did not fund Al-Qaeda and Assad it does not fund Al-Qaeda.
see
Its pretty clear you fell for stupid pol memes without actually doing any research user and are just engaging in sophistry because you just expected me to give a normie "assad is bad because hes a dictator" argument and now you have no real counter argument.

>General Petreaus is just making up that al-qeada was setting up base in Syria, even though the US had to conduct a raid in Syria to stop its leader

lol youre done and you know it.

As one user just posted you're using General Petraeus as your argument? Don't make me laugh this is the same guy that suggested we should fund Al-Qaeda ironically the same Al-Qaeda that you're accusing Assad of funding.
>don't buy into neocon propaganda
>you're /pol/
I am not a stormfag and I'm also not someone who thinks that the Jews run the media. I'm just telling you clear as day that Assad is not funding Al-Qaeda. the US has every reason to fund Al-Qaeda because since 2006 the US government has been trying to overthrow Assad as part of a covert CIA regime change program. That is not Syrian propaganda it has been disclosed numerous times before.

>spouting stupid pol memes about assad the entire thread, while starting off by just calling me a jew
>claim you arent a stormfag now that you are on the ropes and all you have left is "Petraeus is lying!" even Syria was already supporting other terrorist groups

lol its pretty clear both of you guys had no idea about this stuff and have no real idea how to respond because it essentially ruins your entire view of assad

google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/02/david-petraeus-bright-idea-give-terrorists-weapons-to-beat-isis
thetimes.co.uk/article/petraeus-us-must-fund-al-qaeda-3s3nbbm0p0m
m.jpost.com/Middle-East/ISIS-Threat/US-should-use-al-Qaida-fighters-to-defeat-ISIS-Petraeus-reportedly-advocates-413880
washingtonexaminer.com/petraeus-use-al-qaeda-affiliated-fighters-to-battle-isis/article/2571214

please tell me how this negates the fact that Syria supported al-qeada user

Are you fucking retarded? I have never been on /pol/ in my life and I will never go on that cancerous board ever.

Holy shit, you seriously don't know what happened.
This was the guy they were trying to kill in the raid
>Abu Ghadiya provided false passports, safe houses, weapons and money to militants on the Syrian side of the Iraqi border before the fighters would cross into Iraq.
treasury.gov/press-center/press-releases/Pages/hp845.aspx
>this is good enough evidence

>who attacked a building under construction in the village of As Sukkariyah, just north of Abu Kamal.[5][13] Sky News reported that two of the four American helicopters landed, allowing 10 US Army Special Forces (other sources say they were Delta Force)[12] soldiers to disembark and storm a building under construction. U.S. officials contended that all those killed during the raid were associated with Abu Ghadiya, the operation's target. A villager from the area stated that at least two men were seized by the American forces. An eyewitness told the BBC that two of the dead — the married couple — were "very simple people" who "lived in a tent and were being paid to guard building materials such as cement and timber, 24 hours a day. These people will have had nothing to do with the insurgency in Iraq."

They also claimed they killed him, my ass
>An 2009 investigation by Vanity Fair that interviewed Syrian eyewitnesses, including a man shot during the raid, cast doubt on the Ghadiya assertion. Former Clinton administration official Robert Malley, who met with State Department officials at the time, was quoted in the article affirming that Ghadiya was killed in the raid. However, former CIA officer Robert Baer was highly skeptical, saying, "If they brought back an al-Qaeda body, why don't they have something? There's no conceivable way they would have killed him and not shown it".

It was bullshit, why are you telling me to trust a spook like Petreaus?

>Bassel al-Assad
>died in a car accident
false flag like (was) princess diannas death?

>actually trying to argue that the raid itself wasnt even real

lol. Ask yourself this user, why was al qeada based in Syria? Why were al-qeada fighters flooding into Iraq from Syria? You are choosing to ignore things that go against your "le based assad" meme ideas

Whew. Well I guess you convinced me Assad has to go you know who cares if you no more refugees pour into Europe and who cares if the Christians get ethnically cleansed and who cares what happens you know because Al-Qaeda and an alawite authoritarian but secular dictator somehow magically worked together. You're right, you're right you're right you're right you're right we were wrong Assad has to go the rebels are the good guys He's the bad guy we should nuke Iran and we should just be in the Middle East forever because you know some person on here accuses me of being a hater and then I called you a Jew which is so asinine I never called you a Jew I didn't even bring up the Jews I'm bringing up US foreign policy and how it was a fact in 2006 or since 2006 that the US has been trying to overthrow Syria. This isn't a meme this isn't some stupid crap on /pol/ it's what has been admitted by those who seek regime change in Syria. But whatever I guess the Christians and alawites don't matter to you.