Was Poland ever anything of note?

Why not so much now?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Golden_Age
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Lithuanian_Commonwealth#Culture
mix.msfc.nasa.gov/abstracts.php?p=852
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_Siemienowicz
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Gdańsk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_takeover_of_Danzig_(Gdańsk)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_takeover_of_Danzig_(Gdańsk)#Massacre_records
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_takeover_of_Danzig_(Gdańsk)#Destruction_of_the_town
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duchy_of_Prussia
youtube.com/watch?v=iMHkSgXNQog
youtube.com/watch?v=Km61cWOsF4M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Varna
youtube.com/watch?v=IUlp9U2p5_c&t=4s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old-Polish_Industrial_Region
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congress_Poland#Economy
youtube.com/watch?v=DsBKWPAs5LQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

After Poland and Lithuania formed the Commonwealth it was a pretty big blob on the map, so that's one thing. If you want the answer, i'd probably look at the political map of late XVIII century Europe. When everyone was busy inventing 'n shit polish people were busy being fucked in the ass by germanics and russians, who treated their land as one big farm, and didn't bother modernising it as much as their other lands, which is one of the reasons why it's "not so much now".

Ignorant post.

Will you explain why...?

No.

Nice

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Golden_Age
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Lithuanian_Commonwealth#Culture

You're simply ignorant.

>wah Germans
>wah Russians
>we wuz Mieszko
>city has been Polish for x years + map related
>no crime at all and only white people, hurr
>Poland would colonize Mars by now if it wasn't for Germany and Russia.
>still no explanation why they only use half as many vowels as a decent language
>hurr my slavic western settlement 1000 years ago. Poland ends at River Labe

They have the best potatoes of Eastern Europe, and by that extent, the best Vodka
Truly an honor most high for their people

imajun being so shit at baiting polacks, you're like little babies

I'm sorry but i've never stated that Poland didn't do anything during that time, just nothing comparable to colonisation of Americas or invention of printing press, and during the time of "big" inventions, it was stagnating and being used as a farm for others.

Did you know Triathlon is a Polish invention? You run to the public pool, go for a swim, steal a bike and ride home.

parasite state that benefitted from Hanseatic, Prussian, Teutonic dregs etc

Top fucking kek

>still no explanation why they only use half as many vowels as a decent language
Would be far more readable if it was cyrillic, but why care about practicality when we could be based catholics

bit rude mate

How are refugees Westcuck?

Wasn't Poland the richest country in the world at one time due to their monopoly on salt?

>Was Poland ever anything of note?
Not really. Maybe in comparison to the Muslim world and Eastern Europe but not in the West.

>Would be far more readable if it was cyrillic
cyrillic is a meme

And czszlowksz isnt?

richest no. but easily in the top 5

Aaah, here comes the butthurt.

How can you tell an airliner is Polish?
It has a roof rack.

t.Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

Aнoн блять!

what butthurt? Poland is pretty comfy these days, I returned here after 7 years in London

it removed fair amount of g*rmnoids from europe and will continue to do so

>and didn't bother modernising it as much as their other lands,
Dude, Congress Poland became later Russian Empire's most industrialized region.

>>Poland would colonize Mars by now if it wasn't for Germany and Russia.
Funny considering you mentioning space travel, Poland was on a good route of doing that in the 17th century ;)
mix.msfc.nasa.gov/abstracts.php?p=852
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_Siemienowicz

>Americans memeing "Poland is the poor guy in history" because they cannot understand that history is longer than 300 years
I don't really care about Poland or Poles, but this really triggers me

Oh the irony when mentioning parasites and Teutons in the same sentence. Firstly, Poland should have never invited those thieving and murdering scum in the first place.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Gdańsk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_takeover_of_Danzig_(Gdańsk)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_takeover_of_Danzig_(Gdańsk)#Massacre_records
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_takeover_of_Danzig_(Gdańsk)#Destruction_of_the_town

Secondly, Poland creating (Ducal) Prussia in 1525 as its vassal was another mistake.
>The Prussian Homage (by Jan Matejko, 1882, National Museum, Kraków): Albert receives eastern Prussia as a fief from King Sigismund I of Poland in 1525.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duchy_of_Prussia

You better be kidding.

Hey Swedebro, how's things? Moved to Poland yet?

>Swedebro

Wasn't Wallachia a part of the ottomans? I could have sworn they were.

Everybody hates the Polish even other slavs.

Funny as it may sound the Bulgarians actually like the Polish. Mainly because Władysław III. Hell they even made a tomb for the guy near the place he died and honor it every year.

Stopped the Bolsheviks in 1922

>Everybody hates the Polish even other slavs.
Nah, the refugee crisis is winning us friendship with Czechs and Slovaks. Hungarians like us as well.

That's actually beautiful could you elaborate on that?

>Hungarians like us as well.
You mean they love us.

P.S. For those who don't know, Poles and Hungarians are pretty much gay for each other, no homo.
youtube.com/watch?v=iMHkSgXNQog

RESTORE THE JAGIELLON SPHERE
youtube.com/watch?v=Km61cWOsF4M

But to answer your question : former pic rel is related to pic rel.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Varna

you will not divide us g*rmnoid rat
were coming for you

youtube.com/watch?v=IUlp9U2p5_c&t=4s

I'll indulge you and go a bit further back. Officially the Second Bulgarian Empire ceased to exist after the failed crusade of Nikopolis in 1396. The Crusade was led by Sigismund, Holy Roman emperor. Ivan Shishman was the last Bulgarian Emperor who perished 1395. His son Fruzhin however took part in the battle and after the defeat sought refuge in the Hungarian court with Sigismund. The Holy Roman emperor quite liked Fruzhin, called him "The most noble and bravest of folks Bulgarian Emperor Fruzhin" and thus recognized his claim for the Bulgarian Throne and even granted him the lordship of Lipova and the surrounding lands.. There was a problem however - there no longer was a Bulgarian throne. In 1407 Fruzhin allied himself with his cousin Constantine (also a claimant to the Bulgarian throne) and led a rather successful rebellion (backed by Sigismund) against the Ottomans. They managed to reclaim some lands and held them well into the 1420s. The lands were gradually and there are no records that any of it was done by violence. Constantine had died in 1422 and Fruzhin went back to Hungary. When Władysław III took the Hungarian throne after the death of Sigismund, Fruzhin was still in the court. During the crusade of 1444, Władysław III tasked Fruzhin with organizing and commanding a Bulgarian resistance a task in which he succeeded. The crusade was successful up until reaching Varna where it went all kings of sideways. Władysław III was killed in battle. As a local legend goes the slaughter was on such scale that Sultan Murad II wept for three days thinking he lost before being brought the head of Władysław and realized he won.

Local folk viewed Władysław III as hero who fought for their freedom and carried his body away from the battlefield burying him in secret (nobody knows where exactly). The Started calling him Vladislav Varnenchik (Local folk viewed Władysław III as hero who fought for their freedom and carried his body away from the battlefield burying him in secret. On the spot he fell near an ancient Thracian burial mound they placed a wooden cross. After the liberation of Bulgaria in 1877 the Thracian mound was turned into a "tomb" for Wladislav of Varna). On the spot he fell near an ancient Thracian burial mound they placed a wooden cross. After the liberation of Bulgaria in 1877 the Thracian mound was turned into a "tomb" for Władysław III. Today he is a national Bulgarian hero and every year on 10 November there officials and locals lay flowers on his tomb. The Bulgarian Orthodox church even spazzed out on a couple of occasions because there were actual plans of cannonising him as a warrior saint however due to some evidence that was actually homosexual there were some pretty heated debates on the topic and as such no conclusion was made.

At least we now know that you are from Vulgaria.

>Congress Poland became later Russian Empire's most industrialized region
[citation needed]

And it was also the most populous.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old-Polish_Industrial_Region
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congress_Poland#Economy

Seeing Lodz there, that city has a really interesting history being a multicultural place (Russians, Poles, Germans and Jews) on its way to become a continental Manchester.

As a Pole living in the West, Partitions were gift from God.We avoided having colonies and will never look like the West.

anything west or north of warsaw is rightful germanic clay

>on its way to become a continental Manchester.
You could say it already was a Polish Manchester.
youtube.com/watch?v=DsBKWPAs5LQ

Just stfu stupid kraut.

P.S. And clay north of Warsaw is rightfully Baltic if anything.

>Casimir
>Pole
>Born in Lithuania
>Studied in Lithuania
> In a book dedication, he refers to himself as an "Eques Lithuanus" (Lithuanian nobleman).
wew.

It was quite the regional power for sometime. It fell into disrepair because the nobility would rather pocket taxpayer dollars than shell it out on adequate national defense measures.

He spoke Polish thought :P

It was.

You best be baiting
>:P

Its so ridiculously easy to spot the poles itt

Pretty funny desu

Why? Because they refute bullshit spread by subhumans itt?

It really is. I'm Polish myself but I don't sperg out when I see poor attempt at banter, like that one guy who lives in Sweden

Visit Poland!
>Your car is already there

Visit Germany!
>your grandma's jewelry is already there

And it's very easy to spot you in every thread about Slavs. Each time with the very same "witty" remark. That's the hell of the butthurt.

I'm not.

No to wracaj na wykop nowokurwiu

>Studied in Lithuania
The only university he could have studied at the time was in Cracov. ;^)

Good thing he studied in an Academy in Vilna

Meme map

I wish Veeky Forums had flags, then we could see the daily threads Germans make about Poland.

We know you're bitter, but come on. Stop thinking about us already. It's not good for you. :^)

Why is there so little concentration of greater gentry in Greater Poland?

Fairly sure OP is Polish

pol-what?
>slav gtfo reee

Fuck salt.

Yes, because Salt exclusively occurs in Poland and nowhere else!

Poland would have been a complete backwater if it wasn't for it. It consisted for a third of the economy from the 14th to 17th century. It's not an exaggeration to say that the arts and culture in Poland was subsidized by salt exports.

If it wuznt for da white man our wanged hussarz wuld be colonizing otha galaxiez n sheeit

polish mathematics alone is worth 20 printing press tier inventions

THIS

Lol no retard they haven't done anything mathematics related ever

Are you sure?

We would also see that all the polish nationalists are posting from Sweden and UK.

>relies on Lithuania to become a great power

Never forget:Balts are the most powerful race in the world.

PS: please don't post suicide statistics

It didn't. I suggest you to read about Casimir the Great and his policies. He made Poland into a proper power, not Union of Krewo. In fact, it was Lithuania and their Rus subjects that benefited from this union more.

Dumb fuck read about Vytautas and Mindaugas. Everyones tired of polski shills gtfo

>Dumb fuck read about Vytautas and Mindaugas.
What about them? Lithuania would get swallowed by Muscovy, Crusaders much quicker if it wasn't for union with Poland. Poland could have gone either way, invite Silesian Piasts to rule or even turn to HRE or Hungary. It was Lithuania that benefited from the union.
>Everyones tired of polski shills gtfo
?

union was a mistake having to save bal*oids and fighting for eastern shitholes on daily basis didn't benefit us
we should have saved our czech brothers from g*rmnoids and pushed them back into their snowy shitholes

>Crusaders much quicker if it wasn't for union with Poland
WRONG

That's why I told you to look this shit up. Battle of Blue Waters Vytautas carried them against crusaders. Mindaugas larped being a Christian to get the Christcucks off his back so he could build MASSIVE LITHUANIAN EMPIRE. Nice try being contrarian dicklet

>"Casimir the Great"-civ player

>MASSIVE LITHUANIAN EMPIRE
WE

Whoa, look at that giant farm. I wonder if 99% of its peasant population even knew they were paying their taxes to the LITHUANIAN GRAND KANG.

Yeah I'm sure they- hey wait a minute,are making fun of baltkind? You better not be

Not to the Grand Duke, the country turned into a libertarian paradise
They didn't even have a standing army larger than 20k