Did Byzantines really deserve it?

Did Byzantines really deserve it?

catholics are cunts

rolls off the tongue doesnt it?

Venice was once part of the Eastern Roman Empire so it was more like a civil war.

Byzantine subhumans got BLACKED

Zencileri seviyorum moruQQQQQQQQQQQ

Does anyone deserve to be conquered?

The Ottoman's won, and they took over. That's how conquest works.

/thread

They were wh*Te dogs, so YES

Maybe they did but the fact that the Ottomans conquered them instead of another European power is the most gigantic waste of human accomplishment in history.

I have no problems with Ottomans conquering it in 1453, they achieved their ambition fair and square. They actually managed to do something afterwards and created something new and strong.

Venetians were greedy cunt's who hired crusaders to sack and destroyed one of the most greatets cities in history and left nothing behind afterwards, but death and suffering, only to Ottomans to conquered back their sad excuse for "trading empire" and later to be destroyed by greater Frenchman.
The only thing i actually regret is that superior Ottoman Empire didn't sack Venice the same way Venice sacked Constantinople.

Byzantines were retards and constantly backstabbing within their own ranks, it was completely deserved.

Look him in the eyes and tell him he deserved it

Not gonna lie, legit almost teared up reading about his heroic last stand in Constantinople. His "empire" may have been non-existence by the end, but damn, this guy went out like a true man.

>To surrender the city to you is beyond my authority or anyone else's who lives in it, for all of us, after taking the mutual decision, shall die of our own free will without trying to save our lives.
Makes you think

Can someone here explain the background to the Venice and Ottomans relationship? I'm not very knowledgeable on the history of their relations.

This tho.
>Chad Fatih 1453 was actually fucking glorious event for both sides, magnificent last stand of Byzantines and great conquest for Turks.
>Virgin sacking of 1204 was a scummy move that achieved nothing positive but show that merchants were subhuman trash deserving to be blinded and sodomized.
Venice is such a feeble and meak """empire""" that it needs mercenary crusaders to do it's shit for them. No wonder Ottomans conquered their lands swiftly after Constantinople.

I'm disappointed Napoleon didn't carry through with his threats to bombard and sack the fuck out of Venice in 1797. Literally would have been the purest case of historical karma ever.

Hated each other, Turks managed to win them every time.
Venice was a cuckold city that relied on help from spaniards and other better Italian cities to protect them from the Ottomans.
After 1453, they started to lose every """colony""" they gained after 1204 in Aegean to the Ottomans and were pretty buttfucked every time in sea.
When galleass were becoming outdated, Venice became an irrelevant "Sodom and Gomorrah" that Ottomans didn't even bother to conquer anymore.

Shame... I could just imagine Napoleon sinking Venice in to Lagoon after plundering it. Venice could've been only a legend/myth that people whispered that it never even existed.

1204 worst day of my life

All this Byzaboos salt

Fuck off turkroach.

Butthurt Byzaboos omitting the main reason the sack happened as usual. The Greeks also owed denbt to the Venetians that they would likely never pay after the massacre.

>byzantiniggers
>white

The Byzantines were not white

b*zantines were mediterrenean shitskins whose fall was a karma for destroying Nordic kingdoms such as Ostrogothic and Vandalic ones

I'm only seeing spastic Veniceboo salt.
See The response was the siege of Thessaloniki, the Fourth Crusade happened a generation after and was a shitshow from beginning to end. They originally set out to take Alexandria.

This and P*pist scum deserved it.
Too bad it took another 200 years for then to truly get put in their place.

>The response was the siege of Thessaloniki

That was the response of Sicilian Normans who didn't even get slaughtered there. The Venetians sacked your shithole for the same reason as them.

>m-muh latin massacre
Look at why it happened in the first place, veniceboo.

>The predominance of the Italian merchants caused economic and social upheaval in Byzantium: it accelerated the decline of the independent native merchants in favour of big exporters, who became tied to the landed aristocracy, who in turn increasingly amassed large estates. Together with the perceived arrogance of the Italians, it fueled popular resentment amongst the middle and lower classes both in the countryside and in the cities.
> The Italians proved uncontrollable by imperial authority: in 1162, for instance, the Pisans together with a few Venetians raided the Genoese quarter in Constantinople, causing much damage. Emperor Manuel subsequently expelled most of the Genoese and Pisans from the city, thus giving the Venetians a free hand for several years.
>The Venetians and the Empire remained at war, with the Venetians prudently avoiding direct confrontation but sponsoring Serb uprisings, besieging Ancona, Byzantium's last stronghold in Italy, and signing a treaty with the Norman Kingdom of Sicily.
>In early 1171, however, when the Venetians attacked and largely destroyed the Genoese quarter in Constantinople, the Emperor retaliated by ordering the mass arrest of all Venetians throughout the Empire and the confiscation of their property. A subsequent Venetian expedition in the Aegean failed: a direct assault was impossible due to the strength of the imperial forces, and the Venetians agreed to negotiations, which the Emperor stalled intentionally. As talks dragged on through the winter, the Venetian fleet waited at Chios, until an outbreak of the plague forced them to withdraw.

The Massacre escalated only when populist scumbag Andronicos usurped the throne and killed Alexios II. Greeks were so much pissed at him and his deeds that eventually they just lynched him together with latins (pic related)

>it accelerated the decline of the independent native merchants in favour of big exporters
So this is why they call venicians the "medieval jews"

>dey wuz makin mo money than us
>shieeeet
>better not pay any debnts, kill them all and expect no retaliation

Sack it again, based Enrico.

>M-MUH DEBTS
PAY DEBTS TO THE BASED FRENCHMAN, v*nicetoid.

He died like a fucking hero, remember him for that.

>calls the Ottomans dumb animals
>takes pride in his Greek and Roman heritage
He deserved it for being a racist bigot.

>Roman heritage
did byzcucks unironically think they were Roman lol

Don't try to bait off of my bait mate.

>bait
what bait? Byzantines were not Roman.

Constantine was the Leonidas of Byzantium. His sacrifice gave an example, and a glimpse of hope at the enslaved Greeks. And they never forgot him. 400 years after, during the war of independence, when the Greek revolutionary leader Kolokotronis asked by the British admiral Hamilton to make a treaty with the Turks, he answered:

>"That can never be" Theodore responded "We've already pledged Freedom or Death! Our King was slain, he signed no treaty!
Ever since his Guard was always at War with the Turks and two forts remained forever indomitable"

>Hamilton was baffled by this statement. What King? The one who fell in battle 400 years ago?
"What Royal Guard, what forts are you talking about?" he asked.

>Kolokotronis responded "The Guard of our King are those they call Klephts, the forts are Mani and Souli and the mountains"
Then Hamilton spoke no more...

but my venetian friend says that they were relevant and a superpower until Napoleon conquered them

>right after the Byzies collapsed and Christianity in the east went down with it, the Ottomans started taking over the trade routes and working to bring down the Venetians

What the fuck did they think it would happen? That the Turks would be friendly forever?

Did nobody at the Republic put 1+1 together and realized they were next on the chopping block?

J U S T
inian

Always gonna call bullshit on Constantine's IX "Last Stand."

>"The city is fallen and I am still alive."[28] Then he tore off his imperial ornaments so as to let nothing distinguish him from any other soldier and led his remaining soldiers into a last charge where he was killed.
>he tore off his imperial ornaments so as to let nothing distinguish him from any other soldier

Sounds like the act of a man trying to escape.

wh*Tes are pathetic

>literally allowed to leave with his life and his title intact but refuses

>later led his remaining soldiers into a last charge.
he esgabed!! :---DDDDD

he feared the TÜRK warrior, wh*Te boy.

>Sounds like the act of a man trying to escape.

Virtually impossible, the Gate of St. Romanus (where Constantine XI was stationed) saw the worst of the siege, any byzantine soldier trying to escape would meet near instant death by the turks surrounding it.

Venetians were never "allies" of the Ottomans, they just occasionally traded with them when it beneficent like everyone else. They sent a few fleets to help the Byzantines against them in 1453.

A TÜRK never allies with wh*Tes. However both Venetians and TÜRKs wanted to destroy Byzantines because they were fake Romans.

also worth noting is that every record mentions that his body was never found

Actually all the historical sources are very clear about Constantine's heroic last stand against the Ottomans:

>After Giustiniani's injury and the withdrawal of him and his soldiers from the gate of Romanos, the Town's defence collapsed. The emperor was hearing the Turks coming closer. "I you can save yourselves then do it and if you are ready
to come across death then follow me", said he to those who were surrounding him. Before completing his sentence, his cousin Theophilus Palaeologus answered without a second thought: "I'd rather die than live". These words fascinated about two hundred Greeks and Italians, who preferred to follow the emperor to death, than saving themselves.

>When the emperor saw a group of Turkish soldiers running in one side of the wall, he went against them with his horse in order to repel them.
Don Francisco the heroic Spanish and Demetrius Katakouzinos were riding beside him and Ivan Dalmaton behind him. According to Frantzis, the latter decimated the first Turks he saw, as if they were grasses. Theophilus Palaeologus was killed first, then Don Francisco and the others, leaving the king alone, fighting in despair.

When a soldier among the enemies injured him in the face, Constantine screamed: "Isn't there any Christian to take my head?". A few seconds later, a soldier from the Ottomans, who was right behind him, cut his head with a strong movement of his sword. This soldier wasn’t aware that he had killed the Greek king, because of the battle's mayhem, nor that he marked the end of an empire that lasted for 1,123 years and 18 days.

technically like 2000 years though, holy shit

Byzantines were not Roman
Stop that meme

Nobody asked you non-european

as credible as chinese history

Even though i'm non european i'm aware of who's not European and who's not Roman. My ancestors enslaves lots of white subhumans back in the past, we made you work in our cotton fields so we're expert at identifying europeans/romans and non europeans/romans

Byzantines were NOT Romans. It's simple as that.

The fuck are you talking about. Venice had already been in conflict with the ottomans for almost a century when the ERE fell.

I said nobody asked you, keep the Törkposting for when someone talks shit about you.

Yes they were mainly Greeks, but they had been granted Roman citizenship, since the Edict of Caracalla in 212, according to which all free people in the Roman Empire were to be given theoretical Roman citizenship.

you can't tell me what should i do and when cracker.
>Roman citizenship
meme
HRE was technically more Roman than Byzantines.

Roman isn't even a race, they met all requirements and even recognised themselves as such, don't feed the blackturk

>Roman isn't even a race
it's an ethnicity retard.

>
>
>
>"I wish fervently that the Turkish barbarians be chased away immediately out of the country of Xenophon, Socrates, Plato, Sophocles and Euripides. If we wanted, it could be done soon but seven crusades of superstition have been undertaken and a crusade of honour will never take place. We know almost no city built by them; they let decay the most beautiful establishments of Antiquity, they reign over ruins."

No shit roach

That's right, Byzaboo subhuman. You were NOT Romans. Not ethnically, not culturally, not religiously and not linguistically.
Who cares about what a white subhuman thinks.

Nobody asked you roach

You don't have to ask me to wreck your shit, birdshit skin.

>they built no city

Fucking butthurt frenchman who doesn't know hwow to do research.

I'm shaking

It was in the beginning that's true. But after the Empire established its dominion most parts of Europe, Romans started to grant the Roman citizenship to other ethnicities as well. And then we arrived at 212, when Emperor Caracalla granted it to all the free persons of the Empire. At the end the name "Roman" became like today's European citizenship .

But it's true, all their cities are afghanistan tier. The most famous Turkish monuments are stolen, defiled and copied.

>hurr durr
you're ethnically not Roman.
we built 90% of Istanbul
good

>copied

I guess every european monument was copied from the romans who copied engineering from the greeks who copied it from the egyptians who then copied it from the mesopotamians.
Also I know of atleast one city which was founded by the ottomans its called novi pazar or new market.

Istanbul is a fucking shithole. Hagia Sophia, the Galata tower, the Byzantine churches, the Phanar college and the roman ruins all were build by non turks. The blue mosque os just a fucking copy paste of the Hagia Sophia. The housing (built by turks) looks worse than commieblocks and all the dicks you built around the monuments are ugly as shit.

But the Turks never progressed, their architecture is just shitty copies that never built upon anything.
>novi pazar
The shithole of europe

The blue mosque is 10 times better than the aya sofya especially its interior.
Also ottoman houses looked really comfy its just that modern housing is more pragmatic than aesthetic so you get commie blocks.
Even then most modern houses suck in the aesthetics department.

Not the fault of the ottomans that serbs can't do anything right, even though that pic looks comfy with the red tiled houses and green hills.

Based BOSNIAN gueriLLa

>blue mosque
Shameless copy, can't even build your own designs
>i-it's the serbs fault we built a shithole
Off yourself Osman

I wish Constantinople had survived as a relic microstate at least until the 18 Century and the age of photography.

1453 is still amazingly late for what started in Rome before Christ. Jamestown was colonised just 150 years later.

Are you kidding? The Blue Mosque is beautiful outside, but the internal pillars are too large.

>1453 is still amazingly late for what started in Rome
Byzantines were not Roman.

The city was founded by what would be considered, Romans, and there is a direct thread linking the two cities. Yes no doubt a Greek character developed over time.

>The city was founded by what would be considered, Romans
Thracians were not Romans
>and there is a direct thread linking the two cities
no
>Yes no doubt a Greek character developed over time.
It has always been Greek lmao there was no "Roman" character

If Byzantine Empire was Roman Empire then Seljuks were Achaemenids

>was in the roman empire
>became the capital of roman empire
>became christian like the rest of Rome
>was literally called Rome
>citizens called themselves Romans
>spoke Greek and Latin like the Romans
Fuck off with your revisionist lies, Byzantine Empire is a modern name invented by a fucking German. The city of Byzantium was long succeeded by it's roman inhabitants. Ofcourse a roach would suck German dick so hard, did they promise you citizenship?

The city was built upon the Greek colony of Byzantium, built by Byzas Megaron around 600 BC. It was more Roman in what concerned the administration until Emperor Heraclius realized that the majority of the remaining Empire's populations were Greeks or hellenized so he made the Greek language, official language of the Empire. After the lost of the eastern provincies to the Arabs, and the Northern Balcans to Bulgars, Byzantium from 800 was basically a Greek kingdom.

>was in the roman empire
and?
>became the capital of roman empire
Byzantine Empire=/=Roman Empire.
>became christian like the rest of Rome
meme. Byzantines were Orthodox.
>was literally called Rome
was called "Greek Empire"
>citizens called themselves Romans
LOL
>spoke Greek and Latin like the Romans
Romans didn't speak Greek

nice try byzaboo subhuman but you were NOT Roman. Get over it.

There is a flaw in the interior of the blue mosque, in one of the columns. At some point I want to go there and photograph that flaw so I can come back and show you all that Isidore of Miletus was superior to Sinan.

Do your homework roach

stay mad
stay inferior
byzacuck

Not an argument

>this entire thread
>people keep falling for the laziest bait
>it's not even a proper tripfag either

The absolute state of Veeky Forums

Byzaboos are low IQ subhumans

Roman Empire had different capitals. Milan and Ravenna are two, Diocletian favoured Dioclea as imperial residence.
Constantine wasn't just ruler of the East, Theodosius was the one to divide the two.
Orthodoxy only became a completely separate church some time after 1054.
The inhabitants called it the Roman empire, and thought of themselves as Romans. I'm fairly sure that most Western kingdoms acknowledged it as such until Irene.
Islamic kingdoms thought it was the Roman empire.
Romans did speak Greek. Virgil spoke Greek. Tullius spoke Greek. Cicero spoke Greek, so did his brother, anyone who wanted to be a tax collector in Greek speaking lands would have to know Greek, I'm fairly sure that Caesar knew Greek though Augustus never mastered it.
Wealthy Romans would use Greek slaves to teach their children.

I thought turks were happy that they kara boga kung fu smashed the Roman empire.
I suppose froggy getting all the good stuff takes a bit of the glory out of it.

>Roman Empire had different capitals. Milan and Ravenna are two, Diocletian favoured Dioclea as imperial residence.
all of them are in Italy aka Rome.
>Constantine wasn't just ruler of the East, Theodosius was the one to divide the two.
and?
>Orthodoxy only became a completely separate church some time after 1054.
officially yes.
>The inhabitants called it the Roman empire, and thought of themselves as Romans. I'm fairly sure that most Western kingdoms acknowledged it as such until Irene.
nope.
>Islamic kingdoms thought it was the Roman empire.
Greeks lied to them
>Romans did speak Greek. Virgil spoke Greek. Tullius spoke Greek. Cicero spoke Greek, so did his brother, anyone who wanted to be a tax collector in Greek speaking lands would have to know Greek, I'm fairly sure that Caesar knew Greek though Augustus never mastered it.
second language=/=native language
by that logic Ottomans were Arabic.
>Wealthy Romans would use Greek slaves to teach their children.
>Greek slaves
you just described actual Roman and fake Roman relationship
>I thought turks were happy that they kara boga kung fu smashed the Roman empire.
We smashed many empires. But we ain't delusional. Byzantines were Greeks. Not Romans.

Byzaboos unironically got btfo by a Turk lmao
leave this board already Byzaboos

BASED turkposter

I feel sorry for you

What did Byzaboo mean by this