Religion

How come that so many religions consider the origin of universe and reality from a single, subtle entity into the multiple (Dao, Ein Sof, Sunya, etc).

Is there a common pattern in the universe that goes from the one to the numerous?

Taking hinduism as a example:

>Katha Upanishad2:20, states that the Big Bang theory reminds humanity that everything came from theBrahmanwhich is "subtler than the atom, greater than the greatest."[15]
>It consists of several "Big Bangs" and "Big Crunches" following each other in a cyclical manner.[16][17][18]

>TheNasadiya Sukta, theHymn of Creationin theRigveda(10:129) mentions the world beginning from a point orbindu, through the power of heat.[19][20]This can be seen as corresponding to the Big Bang theory.

>Several prominent modern scientists have remarked that Hinduism is the only religion (or civilization) in all of recorded history, that has timescales and theories in astronomy (cosmology), that appear to correspond to those of modern scientific cosmology, e.g.Carl Sagan,[21]Niels Bohr,Erwin Schrödinger,Werner Heisenberg,[22][23][24]Robert Oppenheimer,[25]George Sudarshan,[26]Fritjof Capra[27]etc.

Let's start the discussions, ladies and gentlemen

Other urls found in this thread:

esotericscience.org/article5a.htm
mega.nz/#F!9RowRSzI!HH6Uz0FVoAS5m48jETkVGQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why did you use an image of Para, Parapara, and Apara for this thread?

You know that just seeing that configuration initiates, yeah?

>Katha Upanishad2:20
More to the point, w/r/t this passage, it's not really related to the Big Bang. Related to *this topic* yes but it's much more difficult to put a direct link here when considering the citation:
>20. 'The Self, smaller than small, greater than great, is hidden in the heart of that creature. A man who is free from desires and free from grief, sees the majesty of the Self by the grace of the Creator
IMHO this is simply a statement of Nondualism.

There's some really neat speculation in this article, particularly at the bottom which appears to try to parse "ground states" in mysticism and in science.

esotericscience.org/article5a.htm

I picked that image randomly outta hundreds of religion related that I have. I assumed this to be some form of the Trimurti?

> You know that just seeing that configuration initiates, yeah?
What?

What do you think of the avatars of vishnu corresponding to the theory of evolution and advancement of man, like the Matsya, Varaha, Narasimha corresponding to life beggining in the waters, crawling to land to become mammals, varaha and then becoming the savage man, narasimha which went on with the incarnation of Rama the warrior king and hero to Krishna the ideal statesman and ally.

Its a interesting line of thought.

>Trimurti
More like Tripura or Adishakti, they're all Kaliforms.

>What
Simply seeing that configuration of Gods as per the mandala I posted grants the lowest levels of initiation in Trika/Uttara Kaula Trika.

>Vishnu
Sure.

>Vishnu
>Sure.
What?

Because the existence of Brahman is a truth, and can be verified firsthand by jnana-yoga. Above the impersonal Brahman there is the Paramatman and above that is Bhagavan, the source of everything.

> Simply seeing that configuration of Gods as per the mandala I posted grants the lowest levels of initiation in Trika/Uttara Kaula Trika.
And now what? Did I convert to another religion?

Technically?
Yes, and everyone who glances at the thread in the catalog. Congrats on the tantric evangelism. Go read Tantraloka now.

1) Not my interest.
2) If we view the development of godforms as evolution I don't really have much of a reply to that then "yeah, maybe".

>Go read Tantraloka now.
Make me

godforms as evolution is allegory as such things were attributed to god taking certain forms because it is telling a story.

> If we view the development of godforms as evolution I don't really have much of a reply to that then "yeah, maybe".
Well if your understanding of tantra is nothing more than pretension through scholarship, it will be hard to argue something from a different perspective.

That any ancient religion taught evolution is retcon by Victorian Occultists and drug-addicted braindead New Agers.

I, uh, what?

I think Abhinavagupta made some earth shattering observations about the nature of life in a biological sense but I'm not going to make ascriptions where the intent isn't crystal clear. I also didn't realize we were talking about tantra as OP's verse citations are pretty Orthodox.

I mean I'd tend to agree with that but then we've got some odd and more explicit stuff in authors like Nasīr al-Dīn Tūsī but it runs into the same broader Western issue that at a certain point far enough back it's hard to make a solid division between theology and naturalistic studies. Hell I'd go so far as to say the same about Abhinavagupta.

>Nasīr al-Dīn Tūsī
Hm, honestly I had never heard of him until now. Reading his wiki page, some quotes read like standard Aristotelianism. Aristotle also wrote that man had things in common with minerals, plants and beasts, was superior or "more evolved", and thus more "divine" than them/ due to intellect, was part animal, part divine etc.
Some quotes seem extremely suspicious.
>All these facts prove that the human being is placed on the middle step of the evolutionary stairway.
Did he really say evolutionary stariway, or is the translator filling that in for us? As he does in
>Such humans [probably anthropoid apes] live in the Western Sudan
I can't tell, only reading the original in Persian/Arabic/Syriac/whatever can you know. It just sounds suspicious to me.

(Me)
Anyway, I think these teachings would fall in the domain of natural philosophy /,not Islamic theology, not even heterodox Twelver.

Notheless, extremely interesting philosopher.

Is that a good or a bad thing? Do you need to keep taboos or vows to not suffer a dire fate, or...?

>standard Aristotelianism
See my comment about the blurred lines between disciplines.

Hence my sorta neutral answer above; Abhinava talks about some kind of overall "plan" that is passed on which determines the overall structure or qualities of a creature early in the TL and it makes me wonder how much time he spent in the garden as it sounds borderline Mandelian, but my only source on that exact chapter is a rather awfully simplified translation.

I mean if you don't buy the lore and mysticism surround the Trika/Kaula/Uttara Kaula Trika then it doesn't matter.

However, if you do care, a significant portion of what you need is in my library at various places. You don't get a mantra this way but if you're clever you can construct one or crack a more or less public but encoded one.

mega.nz/#F!9RowRSzI!HH6Uz0FVoAS5m48jETkVGQ
^Saivist folders and the Kalipujas in the main Eastern. Self initiatory goddess is, according to at least two TL translations, Raktadevi/Raktakali.

It could not have been any other way. "God" is the All. He is Everything. He is Infinite. He is Reality itself. He is One because there is no thing outside Him. Individuation comes from the One.

Ok so it's not a thing like samaya if you don't practice or break some rules you will be doomed to a rebirth in Avici if you don't repent after 3 years?
I will probably still look at it either way.

@Ape off topic: any thoughts on Richard Wagner? Was he an initiate?

Dualism is far to limited for a supreme entity.

>God" is the All
And the One.

>He is Everything
And Nothing.

>He is Infinite
And Transcendent.

>He is Reality itself
And our Subjective sense of self.

>He is One because there is no-thing outside of Him
And He is None, for who but He should occupy the Center of the Wheel?

Thus, Unity also comes from the Many.

POO IN LOO
Just fucking poo in loo, you fucking animals.

Wew

Wheeeeeeew

Er, I would posit no.
This does not mean that he didn't leave an indelible mark.

One cannot help but break their vows. They are a reminder, not a strict and permanent injunction (and most of 'em are pretty easy to begin with).

This is partially why we have so goddamn many prostrations and venerations. We're trying to hit reset on not just our own imperfections but also trying to untie the knots of desire that came with the meatbody. Lemme hunt down the obligations in Tantraloka....which would be Ch. 26 for the Duties of an Aspirant.

So there are none for that initiation?

At this point I dunno I'd probably have to go back through whole chapters to try to untangle what the protocol is for "initiation by accident". I IMAGINE, and I'm no lineage holder, that you have no real actual obligations.

Accidental initiation appears to be in most cases outside of the tiers of initiations and aspiration types, and you'd probably need to spend time contacting Raktadevi for continued depth.

Thanks for the explanation at least.