Can we have another dragon thread on Veeky Forums...

Can we have another dragon thread on Veeky Forums? Dragons aren't real but they have shaped history throughout many human cultures and societies.
Ryu-san.

>Dragons aren't real

t. Brainwashed robot

>dragons arent real
can you back this up?

>dragons aren't re-

I'm talking about the mythological creature not "dragons" like dinosaurs or real life "dragons". Don't be such a stickler. You can believe in them, I won't judge. I think they are fascinating creatures.

They’re the same, retard.

Before the term “dinosaur” was created, these creatures were called “dragons”.

You don't have be fucking rude to me.

why didn't medieval europeans consider crocodiles to be dragons? a lot of medieval depictions of dragons look relatively crocodile-like. or did they consider them a type of dragon?

Because they are crocodiles, not dragons...

>dragons are not real
Tell that to the Russians located in China during Russo-Japanese war, just because your land lacks divinity doesn't mean they don't exist you stupid Yi

>Dragons aren't real
dragons were clearly real

but a dragon is just a type of large reptile. don't tell me that if this was your idea of what a dragon looked like and you, having never heard of or seen a crocodile before, saw one crawling out of a bush that you wouldn't think it was a dragon.

Tell us more

Dragons had consciousness, crocodiles do not.

Dragons exhaled “fire”, crocodiles do not.

Dragons could speak, crocodiles cannot.

Etc.

kys

>Dragons are described in the mythologies, and legends, of virtually every culture on Earth, and depicted in the art of virtually every people on Earth.
>Skeletons of creatures that fit descriptions, and depictions, of dragons have been found virtually all over Earth.
>”they weren’t real though”

>Dragons had consciousness
>Dragons exhaled “fire”
>Dragons could speak
sometimes but not always. i think you're confusing the standardised 20th century fantasy dragon trope with all historical dragons.

Dragons have always been described as having consciousness, exhaling “fire”, and being able to speak.

like i said, i think you're confusing the 20th century fantasy dragons with all historical dragons.

Well, you think erroneously.

I don't really think you know how to spell erroneous.

Why would you think that?

>are described in the mythologies, and legends, of virtually every culture on Earth, and depicted in the art of virtually every people on Earth.

So just like imaginary sky daddy?

>Skeletons of creatures that fit descriptions, and depictions, of dragons have been found virtually all over Earth.

Source?
Peer reviewed ofc.

>
>Dragons exhaled “fire”, crocodiles do not.
They have really bad breath

Obligatory
>DRAKED

I would wager dragon myths are so globally pervasive because of dinosaur fossils.
Things lived on all continents and it's not far fetched to think people could stumble upon their bones even in antiquity.
Two questions arise though.
Why has none of them made their way into possession of kings and such - seriously you see a skull of Torvosaurus gurneyi, there is no fucking way you won't hang that shit above your throne and dupe everyone into thinking you killed it.
And second, how the did so many isolated civilizations gave dragons scales or snake skin?

>inb4 muh socially constructed collective unconscious

No doubt.
Europeans naming every large reptile and snake myth they come across a 'dragon' surely helps.
That said, Eastern and Western dragons are day and night.

they're actually quite similar

>Dragons aren't real
They went extinct thanks to Pepe

>YFW you realized the ancient Aryans rode dragons to Sardinia and became the Nuragic civilization

[Citation needed]

Show me a chronicle or historical account of anyone finding actual, real dragon bones.

Dragons are tree cat snake bird, embodiment of chaos and primal fears. Clean your room