Dude, what if we made tanks, like, super huge?

>Dude, what if we made tanks, like, super huge?

>Dude, what if, like, we invade the Soviets. It'll be easy.

How huge are we talking about?

What exactly are you talking about? The Soviets upped the ante in tank warfare to begin with, with T-34s and ISs

>Way ahead of you, senpai.

If the flanks hadn't been protected by useless Romanians at Stalingrad euro's would be speaking German right now.

>he thinks 45mm of sloped armor is huge

Pathetic.

>le Germans would have won the war if they captured Stalingrad
I am certain that you are an American.

And they're tanks would be bigger than ever. But really it's equally Marshal Paulus' fault the 6th army broke.

Well, I was talking about tanks, not some autistic wunderwaffe wagons.

>implying they wouldn't have

user, let me tell you about how many resources are in the caucasus....

>inb4 yes their*

Your brain is like a peanut: small and dense

Maus was a completely inoperable useless steaming pile of shit design made literally just to make hitler's balls tingle, why do people jerk off to even more overblown displays of his mental retardation?

ARMOUR SUPERIORITY

LET'S GET TO THE FRONT

So good. so good.

drawn by a 9year old

Low energy posting, but here's the (you) you're trawling for. Are you chemically addicted or something? Fuckin weirdo.

I'm chemically addicted to making you look like a hapless little faggot who watches me fuck his mom through a keyhole every night while masturbating furiously and thinking >tfw no Hitler

>Have complete and total Air Inferiority
>Guys, lets make tanks that can be seen from space!

different poster you brainlet

tank with 2 tracks on every side only a 9 year old would be dumb enough to think is is anything but a horrible design.

takes literally all the advantage away that tracs bring with them

and now kys you insecure piece of neckbearded scum

>user, let me tell you about how many resources are in the caucasus....
lmao, Soviets would just destroy them in Scorched Earth tactics and leave them with nothing

>Pic of Zhukov
>Rokossovski.jpg

>you brainlet
>as if there was any indication that one low iq shitfilled specimen is different from another

No difference here.

>tank with 2 tracks on every side only a 9 year old would be dumb enough to think is is anything but a horrible design.

>what is T28 super heavy tank(US)
>what is Objekt 279
>what is ground pressure

Welcome to tank design 101. I'll be your instructor, Prof. user- whoops you already failed the course.

>burn over half the Soviet fuel reserves and smelt a vast pool of quality metal because Barclay and Kutuzov got away with burning military commissaries in a far more limited war

I mean ok. USSR would've suffered far worse is the point.

>I mean ok. USSR would've suffered far worse is the point.
doubt it, americans would still give them shit through lend lease

>doubt it, americans would still give them shit through lend lease
That's an ok point, but we gave jeeps and boots. Without the Caucasus USSR would've needed MUCH more.

>leave the flanks to the Romanians while we go die in Stalingrad
>Romanian army is bled white and at supoptimal strength
>they are told to defend a front twice as long as a force of their caliber should
>they protest
>Germany ignores them
*gets Uranused*

>tfw you have to fight 1942 T-34s with a crappy anti tank rifle from 1939
Just fuck my Romanian shit up senpai

this is what happens when you design tanks on amphetamines

o>mentions experimental tanks

god you are desperate aren't you

>mentions ground pressure

>doesn't realize that 2 tracks per side increase the ground pressure and hinder mobility overall

Still in high school?

Romania had Marasal tank destroyers. They were capable against all medium and some heavier USSR tanks. The German light tank destroyer Hetzer is based on it.

Hey retard look again at the picture and now think why it was absolutely dishonest to compare this track design to side by side design like the obj 279 track design.

I refuse to believe anyone can be this stupid. Yes, they designed, and as you'll notice built actual prototypes, of said tanks. Since there hasn't been a world war to accelerate development, there hasn't been a reason to produce much more over an Abrams. As for the ground pressure, it's proportionate increase is far outpaced in weight by it's square inches. In other words it's increase in weight is minor compared to the weight it's placing on the ground. Tiger 2's have a lower ground pressure than Sherman's. Mobility is not hindered with a scaled engineer- only maneuverability is. Since heavy tanks aren't jinking incoming fire, it's not really a downside.

And why would you argue against a person's background when you know it can't be proven one way or the other? I could throw credentials at you, but you'll continue wallowing in ignorance and being a general shitbag. The fact you didn't know any of this, or logic the weight to ground pressure ratio out, and mention high school is that you must've just gotten out of HS. Not that it really matters one way or the other.

Read this for extra help:
Specifically the ground pressure to weight ratio bit. I really shouldn't waste the time or effort, since it's self explanatory business, but here you are.

>inb4 yes scaled *engine

>if X euro's would be speaking German right now.
This is getting pretty fucking boring by now. There is no universe where Germany wins WWII. Unless they ditch their idiotic racial policies. Then again, it would only defeat Soviet Union, not UK or America.

>Unless they ditch their idiotic racial policies
What does that have to do with anything geopolitically?

And yes, if they went with Goerings plan in 41 and cut off Britain at the Suez, plus Gibraltar, invaded norther Africa, then by 42 they could launch an invasion of Britain. Most of German air losses were due to the Soviets. With torpedo bombers the RN wouldn't have been nearly as effective. With Egypt and the middle east open, trade with oil can flow into Germany. The only problem would be if the USSR invaded before 43.

I can't belief you are this retarded.

Look at the picture one last time and now think why this brainlet design shouldn be compared to a side by side design that was being uses in the heavy protopltype

Insane amounts of dirt would be stuck between the front and back track.

Exactly the disadvantage you get by using wheels.

It also increases the ground pressure since there is less track area due to the gap between the front and back track.

Oh yeah and you also need one more drive wheel per side.

Enough disadvantages?

Now leave this place forever and never talk about engineering again.

Thank you.

>huurrr let's remove the middle road wheel of a track to lose all advantages that a track brings with it.

>Insane amounts of dirt would be stuck between the front and back track.
BAHAHAHA oh shit this was your ace in the hole holy fuck

>It also increases the ground pressure since there is less track area due to the gap between the front and back track.

No sweetie, you mean to say that it doesn't increase as much given the weight over area.

>"Now leave this place forever and never talk about engineering again." - college dropout

>being this assblasted over a red alert tank design straight from a video game all about being ridiculous

Wait until I get to posting the UFO's from the game.

By using 2 tracks in front of each other you decrease the ground area.... this increases the ground pressure.

You are still talking about a side by side design, I am talking about the retarded track design posted by you.

There is no advantage in removing a road wheel out of a longer track and splitting it into 2 tracks you need more drive wheels and you have less ground area.

This was your last chance, bye.

He should just admit that he doesn't know what he is talking about.

I have big plans fuhrer ol' buddy, what do you think?

Now retard, explain to us how this area (that would be tracked by a normal track) that isn't tracked now decreases the ground pressure.

AFAIK P = F/A

But you are decreasing A so tell us again how P doesn't increase..... I guess you have your own kind of math.

I like the shovel.

>By using 2 tracks in front of each other you decrease the ground area.... this increases the ground pressure.

Holy shit you don't know what ground pressure is. You could've google it in 30 seconds and you decided to pretend like two posters instead. E M B A R R A S S I N G

But here we go:
>Weight goes up from having more tracks, more tracks is more weight
>BUT ground pressure goes down. Ground pressure is the amount of surface area the tracks cover. By having long broad tracks the surface area increases. When the surface area increases, the pressure decreases per square inch
>this is how a Tiger 2 has LESS ground pressure than a sherman, it's distribution of weight

>There is no advantage in removing a road wheel out of a longer track and splitting it into 2 tracks you need more drive wheels and you have less ground area.

Yes, it's a dumb design. The tracks should be one long piece for more surface area. As has already been mentioned, it was from a game that prides itself on being ridiculous. It had zeppelins bombing the Statue of Liberty at low altitude ffs.

First of all, I posted all this here:and especially here:You really don't need to rage this hard over a video game that doesn't even take itself seriously. BUT, if you want a viable answer for why that might've been done, it's reducing materials to the minimum needed to use for the rest of the tank. If it's using it's minimum necessary ground pressure, it wouldn't matter anyways and it would have MORE maneuverability than the tanks posted above.

Just look at the edited picture, unlike you I know exactly what ground pressure is and how a decreased area increases the ground pressure.

E M B A R R A S S I N G

>Yes, it's a dumb design.

Finally....

>You really don't need to rage this hard over a video game that doesn't even take itself seriously

I don't care about the game I care about people spreading their layman opinions as facts.

>unlike you I know exactly what ground pressure is

Well, you figured out google, so that's nice.I mean I explained what it was, and it's not wrong, so I don't see why you're still so pissed off about this.

>Finally....

Except for the maneuverability/cost reasoning, which is still there either way. But no jinking isn't going to save a tank crew in a heavy tank.

bahaha okay shitlord. There's nothing about that tank that isn't viable, just not in our opinion optimized for success. Making the "dirt flying up" argument against treads was super retarded. As if treads were going to be as bad as wheels.

I just don't get the absolute levels of pistivity occurring here. Now that's what I call autism

>Well, you figured out google

I am an engineer I don't have to google elementary school level formulas (unlike you).

>Except for the maneuverability/cost reasoning, which is still there either way.

Are you really implying 2 tracks cost less than 1?

>just not in our opinion optimized for success

Scientific facts like ground pressure are not opinions.

>aking the "dirt flying up" argument against treads was super retarded.

Absolutely not, btw it was only one major issue the bigger issues is that this tank would have issues with climbing 0.5m rocks or driving over trenches there is always the possibility that something gets stuck behind the first track and there is literally 0 advantage to the design.

>I just don't get the absolute levels of pistivity occurring here. Now that's what I call autism

Well are you stopping?
You are the one making autistic assumptions and design ideas.

I will just keep annihilating your stupid ideas about track design and physics as long as you spit them out.

U mad kid

le cockasses

stop posting. you dont know what you are talking about.

Its funny how many threads on Veeky Forums only hate on nazigermany, I guess success indeed does breed jealousy.

Great argument, only a teenager would bring up the (kid) insult.

Just admit that you are a 14 year CoH playing faggot and we are fine.

It was fun destroying your brainlet ideas and "arguments", bye son.

>5'7" manlet overcompensating with neoclassical structures, roman aesthetics and huge gunned tanks

nothing new

Seconded

>success
>loses

Protip:next time you lie about being a certain profession,be more specific what kind you are or define your background in a way that isn't try harding with specific numbers you clearly invented on the spot.

>Protip:next time you lie about being a certain profession,be more specific what kind you are or define your background

That's what a liar would do, but I don't care if you believe me or not.

But nice ad hominem again, I guess that's all what is left for you to do since I destroyed all the arguments that were directed to the subject we were talking about.

Sorry gotta go but keep being butthurt about the fact that you got assfucked by me.

Different person m8

that's the most important bit

How's that an issue, nazi ufos had complete space superiority

>german engineering took us to space!!!

I don't follow you herr user

ze landsbarnpoodlemeisterburg will only inspire terror in ze enemy who look upon it as far away as Bristol

FUCK YEAH

>arl 44
> a39 tortoise

Which brainlet came up with this