/altcoin thread/ bitcoin is a shitcoin edition

What altcoins are you bullish on?
Personally I am bullish on Bitbay and Blocknet. Both will save crypto from NOT taking off to the mainstream adoption. They literally solve most problems Bitcoin and crypto have.
Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation
etherscan.io/chart/chaindatasizefull
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Def bullish on BLOCK. I see BAY shilled a decent amount but it doesn't seem like too many people have gotten in on it yet. Reading about it it sounds good on paper but how do we know they're going to deliver?

LINK

Bullish on nem. Read up on it. Very dedicated team been working on it for years. It will be huge in japan if not the world.

Because the software can be downloaded and tested, and you will see it actually works as intended and that they indeed delivered all their promises since they started developing bitbay.
The main dev David Zimbeck is there since a long time and always delivered. Initially years ago he was developing it for Bitcoin but as Bitcoin was technology depreciated, he jumped to a POS 3.0 currency which is now bitbay. He is truly /ourguy/. On slack we call him crypto jesus haha.

Fair enough, I sure as hell don't invest in whitepapers. I'll give it a try later tonight. Do you have an invite to the Slack?

>Tfw holding 500k Bay

It seemed like a nice coin so I bought it

I bought BAY at 700 sat and forgetting about it until ~Q2 2018. That's the only way to go with this coin.

Decred. Solves the governance problems Bitcoin is facing. Stakeholders vote to control the future of the coin. Will be able to easily adapt and add new features. Part of the block reward goes to a development fund which will be controlled by the stakeholders. Will be able to fund the growth and development of the coin, no need to rely on potentially harmful outside funding (eg blockstream). There are actually great possibilities with this, stakeholders could even choose to fund things which aren't directly related to the coin like real estate projects, and get a dividend in return. Basically it will be a DAO (decentralized autonomous organization).

The devs are top class, very innovative. Decred will upgrade to support Lightning in a month or so, Ledger/Trezor support coming, proposal system within a month or so, privacy enhancements to be announced before the end of the year.

Same. I absolutely hate vaporware coins, roadmap coins, and empty promises coins.
There are many things to improve but overall it works nicely. I am extremely confident in its future, or else I would not shill it.
Here is an invit to the slack: bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation

You will be rich user, Congrats.

True. The alt market right now is agitated and manipulated because of Bitcoin whales.

Invested in some LINK and a bunch of other coins like bay for example, don't know much about that coin though but I'm buying to anticipate november where I see some hype could be built

I'm also in Decred for the exact reasons you portray, looks like a fine team also

Bitbay too can do decentralized voting via stacking. You can even choose where the stacking reward goes. For instance you can fund the dev team with it.
Decred is right to do that. We never have not enough decentralization!
Too bad though that beyond that Decred has not much real world use cases and also still uses PoW (even though it also use PoS).

LOL, I remember early BitBay threads with this one asshole always posting the same FUD with the same image. I'll buy BitBay, but first the whole shitshow around BTC have to end.

I'm mostly in Link. Bought a bit EBST in hope the hyping and the reveal will generate some gain, but I am out the first time it moons. Same for BAT, but I dont have any hopes for it

Yeah this shit is devilish but a great entry point, love the sales on everything. fucking Dinosaur BTC.

+1 for BLOCK. I have a node running and making $20k per year for free. Once the UI and SPV are completed and fulll launch in a few months i'll be making $50k+ at least and retire/move out of this shithold

WOW that's a lot. Congrats man. How did you setup a node?
I hope Blocknet will BTFO for good all the shitty centralized exchanges. I am especially happy that Bitbay is one of the chosen cryptocurrencies of Blocknet. The future is bright for these two projects! The price is so low that ROIs are easy to make. For instance, ETH needs fucking 30 BILLIONS to only x2, While Blocknet and Bitbay can x2 with a few millions kek.

Just bought 200k yesterday for 490 sats, immediately sold at 505 when I saw the sudden BTC surge. Was the right call. It is so sad however to see all good alts dump due to the BTC madness.

On the other hand I’m over here gobbling up these dips, bay included :^) don’t know why anyone would sell their Alts this fucking low, it’s jokes

Why do you even care about Bitcoin? Bitcoin is a shitcoin. It is centralized by chinese mining mafias and is literally technologically depreciated compared to altcoins innovations (extremely slow tx processing and enormous waste of energy/ressources = is not viable).
What matters is the price in USD, not Bitcoin.

You should hold altcoins like bitbay. These have a future as coin that are actually used, while BTC or ETH are ticking bombs as much they are flawed.
ETH uses PoW like Bitcoin so it has the same problems mentioned about Bitcoin. And, the worst of the worst is that it is fucking bloated to death.
Look: etherscan.io/chart/chaindatasizefull
Right now a full node is fucking 350gb and its growth rate keeps getting faster.
This will lead to two options: either it will crash at some point, either it will get centralized. So much bloat is not viable.

Anyway I wish you luck user. My only tip is to buy the dip of bitbay. It will moon in 2018. I am sure of it.

IOC.

i saw on the slack they are going to hitbtc and pushing out their new timeline/updates the following day.. this one is an easy 2-3x in a week, with huge long potential due to the team's execution and push

Fellow IOCmarine OORAH

>extremely slow tx processing and enormous waste of energy/ressources = is not viable).

It's not extremely slow. Once capacity upgrades are in place you'll have affordable next block confirmations, which should allow merchants to be reasonably confident to allow in seconds. Otherwise third parties will offer to guarantee certain instant confirmations.

As far as energy, it's not that great of a waste compared to other monetary examples. How much energy do the hundreds of millions of ATMs use? The mint, the energy to mine, melt down and refine all the metal used for coins, the cost of all the gas to make and power armored cars, to build and cool and hear banks? Pretty reasonable considering.

Cost $20,000 at them time and worth 110k atm. My node is producing around 3 block per day so I should get around 1000 more block this year.

Bitcoin's solution to its slowness is more centralization and middlemen. Basically it is pure shit. And PoW is a enormous waste. Doing pointless calculs as a means to create competition between who should get block rewards is stupid.There are better ways out there. PoS for instance (even though it is not the only one better than PoW). PoW is not reasonable no because it is not needed. While in all the cases you wrote it is mandatory.

Am I really going to have to wait until the rolling peg to see any gains here? God damn, I wish I could be buying these dips

Look at the roadmap, . There could be good gains soon as there are some good stuff coming this year. Although I think it will truly moon only early 2018.