Christened into the Orthodox Church today...

Christened into the Orthodox Church today. After a two year wait filled with studying and questioning Orthodox theology it finally happened. Feels so good to take part in communion for the first time. So lets start another Orthodox thread. Friendly Catholics and open minded protestants welcome. Lets hear your thoughts and passion for Apostolic Christianity.

>After a two year wait filled with studying amd questioning Orthodox theology it finally happened
LOL
t. Baptized Orthodox as infant

Orthodox are all heretics.

Two year wait? Pretty sure if your church is big enough you can just walk in and do it and none will be the wiser, as long as you know the rite.

>Mary was Sinless
>Giving into lust in the confines of marriage for conception is sinful
>read the rest and realize it's just bait

Fuck, legit got me

When's the last time he posted anyways? He was absolutely awful.

what was so bad about him he seemed to be very well read and knowledgeable

what made a grown up submit himself to 2000 years old middle eastern shepherd fairy tales?

at least he knew about the topic he proselytized

a thousand times more preferable to dominitard, the doomsday proddy, REESESCANDY, and the larping inca

Yea we don't even have an official position on the sinlessness of the Theotokos

Believing they aren't fairy tales. After all if I'm wrong I won't care... but If I'm right

Why would I want to though. That would be going against everything the church stands for

>Mary
>Sodomy
Wot
Well

Congratulations. You may now serve peacefully our fathers Theodoros II Pope of Alexandria, Ignatius Ephrem II, Bishop of Antioch and Karekin II, Catholicos of all the Armenians!

Wait a minute, OP... You're not one of 'those' Orthodox, are you? Are you?

>at least he knew about the topic he proselytized
Not the guy you're responding to, but oh god no he didn't. He was constantly backtracking on translation and documentary issues. He claimed absolute nonsensical things like the Septuagint translation being older than any Hebrew version of any of the Old Testament scriptures, and when exposed to the Dead Sea Scrolls, was unaware that the documents in the collection spanned multiple dates.

He had a little bit of knowledge, so yes, that puts him ahead of guys like CAPSLOCKtard and the incatard, but he was in no way actually knowledgeable.

We are basically united at this point. If you admit your miaphysite heretical saints were heretical.

I have nothing but love for our Coptic Brothers.

>We are basically united at this point.

How? What do they have in common other than Greek language liturgy? Which as far as I know is the reason they're called by the same name.

What? We are talking about the EO CO schism, what are you talking about? CO use Arabic I believe.

What did you study during those past two years and and how did you "pass them"? Meaning what was it that the church was like okay you have what you need welcome on

lol wat

Holy shit this is some next level LARPing. Don't ruin your life and personal finances because you want to pretend to be a cleric or something. Just play DnD.

>I studied for two years to become a LARPer
Lol

>Catholicism: welcome to the church, enjoy your salvation
>Orthodoxy: study and take exams for years to even be considered for salvation
This is why Catholicism is winning.

>There's no cost to believing things that aren't true.

>There exist no gods who punish based on beliefs, rather than the lack thereof.

>some thot
Vs
>someone worth your while who will give meaning to your life