The Romans weren't bl-

>The Romans weren't bl-

Other urls found in this thread:

cir.campania.beniculturali.it/museoarcheologiconazionale/thematic-views/image-gallery/RA106?set_language=en
theapricity.com/earlson/history/emperors.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samnites
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gold-glass_portraits
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WE

of course they were BLACK. just like ancient celts and ancient balto-slavs.

only g*Rmanoid subhumans were white and they deserve to be genocided. praise KARA BOGA

> It is suspected, based on the physical features of the couple, that they are Samnites, which may explain the desire to show off the status they have reached in Roman society

>"By 82 BC, the Roman dictator Lucius Cornelius Sulla conducted an ethnic cleansing campaign against this most stubborn and persistent of Rome's adversaries and forced the remnant to disperse. So great was the destruction brought upon them that it was recorded that "the towns of Samnium have become villages, and most have vanished altogether."

WUZ

he look like assad

this asshole ruined all the lulz

so what you're saying is the samnites were the original black inhabitants of italy?

>black man builds Rome
>wh*tebois lead by the black traitor Alaric destroy it all and whitewash it saying THEY did it
All wh*te crackers do is TAKE, TAKE, TAKE. We need to kill them all and breed their white bitches.

If only Sulla was still around to clean up Detroit and Chicago

>Source: my ass

What the fuck is "based on the physical features" even supposed to mean? The Samnites were an Italic people of central/southern Italy that bordered the Romans in their respective tiny states, they'd look pretty much the same.

sauce:
cir.campania.beniculturali.it/museoarcheologiconazionale/thematic-views/image-gallery/RA106?set_language=en
>Despite all these trappings, the features of the couple, faithfully rendered by the artist, betray the provincial origin of these two parvenus, probably Samnites who, after achieving economic wellbeing, sought to conceal their humble origins and gain direct entry into polite society.

It doesn't say why though and I can't find an answer.

>balto
Fuck off, baltas even means white in Lithuanian.

he definitely looks different from your typical roman, at least the way their usually depicted

Lots of Italians look like him.

theapricity.com/earlson/history/emperors.htm

Hmm can't say that I see much of a resemblance.

You may not like it, but this is how ancient samnites looked

He is what modern pasta boys call a "terrone"

Saged
Reported

>contemporary art shows a Roman who looks like a modern Italian
>immediately delve into conspiracy theories about how he must not be a Roman
genuinely hilarious desu.

>white supremacist meme site citing Malalas
>"He wrote a Chronographia (Χρονογραφία) in 18 books, the beginning and the end of which are lost. In its present state it begins with the mythical history of Egypt and ends with the expedition to Roman Africa under the tribune Marcianus, Justinian's nephew, in 563 (his editor Thurn believes it originally ended with Justinian's death[4]); it is focused largely on Antioch and (in the later books) Constantinople. Except for the history of Justinian and his immediate predecessors, it possesses little historical value; the author, "relying on Eusebius of Caesarea and other compilers, confidently strung together myths, biblical stories, and real history."[5]

He's not Roman by any reputable source and any resemblance to modern Italians is just your opinion.

Except we know he's a Roman citizen because he's wearing a toga and holds a rotulus. not to mention his city at the time was part of Roman Italia and located just 150 miles from Rome itself.

Why does it matter if he's a Samnite or not? Samnites were an Italic tribe like the Latins as well. This just proves that Southern Italians were always swarthy.

South italy was greeks and italic tribes

Latins were homogeneous, they were all dark haired, dark eyed caucasians

Light people in italy are germanics, ostrogoth, lombards and normans

>ethnic cleansing

What idiot translator or historian would use the term ethnic cleansing when it comes to the antiquity? What retard are you quoting here or is it just (you)

I find it ironic that the man you depicted we wuzzing actually looks like this

Samnites were Italic Indoeuropeans as well and defeated the Romans in numerous occasions, notably in the Forche Caudine

>muh they were all dark haired, dark eyed caucasians
>tfw terrones really believe this

I'm pretty sure I have seen this portrait before in a museum.
They are not Roman. This portrait was made in Egypt during the reign of the Ptolomies.
The couple is Greek.

This is another portrait from pompeii

Light features were present in a minority of Italians much before the Germanic invasions.

I want to FUCK him

>What retard are you quoting here or is it just (you)
no, its from wikipedia (end of first paragraph:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samnites

but I agree, whoever edited this got a little colorful with the wording

Mulatto master race

>It is suspected, based on the physical features of the couple, that they are Samnites
lol
there is not citasion, simply racist delusions

wh*Tes are subhumans

Septimius Severus looks African as fuck

i think even in ancient times southern italians looked less white because they got magna graecia'd.

>The Romans weren't bl-

That guy looks Mediterranean - we're pretty sure there were Mediterranean Romans. There probably were some black Romans too.

Most of those are Alexandria gold-glass portrait

none of them are from egypt excluding that one which some people suspect might be, mostly because of the different hair and clothing styles.

source here
the website of the museum that houses the artifact
if you want a better source, you can go fuck yourself

where are these from?

Also genetics tests have shown that the only part of Italy with significant Greek genetic influence is Sicily.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gold-glass_portraits

why are "his" kids so porcelain
julia how could you...

Kids and women are always drawn that way in Roman art. Your skin and hair actually do darken from when you're a child.

I read the backstory on their portrait, and want to know what happened to them. Did they survive the blast? Terentius Neo is the man's name.

That doesn't mean anything though. Rus means red in Old Norse, but the ancient Swedes didn't have red skin.

How is it that no one on this board seems to be aware that the men were always depicted as dark and women light in greek and roman art?

Bottom right is a Pompeii painting of a pale blonde man. They existed and were depicted, they were just rare.

Damn wood elves

>swarthy
>black

Are there an historical people that black people won't claim?

>He's not Roman by any reputable source
It's a fresco depicting a Roman patrician family from Pompeii

Males are often represented with the tan they would have had from spending so much time in the sun. Women both wore makeup and tried to shield themselves from the sun, the way they did consistently up to the late XXth century in western culture.

Severus being a med meant he tanned a whole lot, so not too surprisingly, he looks like a tanned southern european on the portrait. Notice he still has glaringly caucasian traits.

Rus refers to row, not red.

>The Romans weren't bl-

What about Sulla or Octavian?

>Syrian
What does that mean I'm an ancient context? That region was once a part of the Persian empire and had a Greek nobility courtesy of Alexander.
>Berber
Also not sub Saharan africoid.

Exactly like a Syrian-Berber combo to look like. Slightly tan medeterainian guy.

"Romans look nothing like modern Italians!"

"Germanic invasions and Arab invasions changed their race forever"

"fucking wh*tes"

They dont look alike

Stop posting,, i want to know who was the LARPer that made that pic

[Italian hand gestures]

Germanics raped and you can see the results today

Arabs never invaded mainland italy, brainlet

Romans look like modern day Croatians and Albanians tb desu

"only Germanics are pale white!"

only germanics can be blonde

unironically this