>2017
>still investing in cryptocurrency

>Bitcoin is now $5650 and rising
>It was $800 a few months ago
You were saying?

2017 has been the most profitable year in crypto ever what are you talking about dude

I bought 10 eth when they were like $15 due to Harold memes, and I am forever grateful.

I thought bitcoin was a scam and overpriced back when it was at 100$

Literally the worst advice of 2017.

Buy knee pads instead

I can't wait until this fucking board goes from moon talk and shilling to threads about how ppl have relapsed back into NEETism

I want my old Veeky Forums back. Crypto ruined this board

I didn't buy Bitcoin in 2013 because I thought $100 Bitcoin is overpriced because Bitcoin is very useless in real world.

Wagecucks like you are mad that no one cares about your salary and your vanguards when people here are literally doubling up their net worth in a few hours.

I’m actually a landlord

Old biz is the new summer Chan meme

Some of us have jobs but we're not settling for doing what society tells us to do with our money and investing in real estate and mutual funds and shit.

I've cashed out more money from my investments in crypto this past year than a decade's worth of normie investment. And I still have a lot in this space.

It's idiotic not to take advantage of emerging markets. You probably wouldn't have invested in tech companies booming in the 1980s.

must suck to have to deal with fucking retards and scammers all the time huh?

People prefer different investments. You should accept that

It’s still better than working in 9 to 5. The worst thing is where I live it’s quite difficult to evict a tenant in case he doesn’t pay but if you choose your tenants carefully the rise is low.

Crypto investments aren't necessarily a bad thing, but no one on this board encourages diversifying your investments into more than etulips because they're too busy shilling.

I can assure you most people here are playing with very little cash, that's why there's not much need for diversification of investments.

If you're playing with $500-$10k, it's worth just taking the risk in cypto. Diversifying with that little is stupid. Any more than that and you're asking for trouble when you inevitably don't diversify and crypto hits a bad patch.

I suppose I should buy US bonds instead?

Agreed.
If you have just $1000, you could maybe, if you're lucky, see $2000 after a couple years of great stock picks.

You'd see that same growth in just a couple of months holding bitcoin, doing nothing but holding.

With larger amounts it's absolutely true that diversification makes sense.

Real-estate is a smart move, and a much safer one. I'm sure you sleep better at night than a lot of folks trading crypto, I can't really criticize that. People are very understandably excited about what a unique opportunity this is though - this doesn't happen very often, it's like getting in on Amazon or Apple before they took off (for the lucky ones, not the ones who picked the pets.com of crypto).

I've been so disconnected from trading small amounts for so long that I actually didn't even consider this perspective