Noah's Ark looked like THIS

Ancient Sumerian texts describe a circular boat that was almost identical to the design of kuphar boats, still used by Marsh Arabs, who are remnants of ancient Sumerians.

Ken Ham btfo

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21970613
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the ark didn't look like anything since it was a fucking metaphor

no it didn't it's a myth and it did not exist

where did the elephants go? And i dont think the birds have enough room to perch

The Bible is the literal Word of God.

Where in the Bible does it say that?

in the epilouge

It was meant soley for humans, God just recreated everything else after the deluge.

God doesn't exist - the words of a nothing means nothing to me

John 1:1.

So it was the ark, but not the ark from the Bible?
But the pope wrote it, not God.

The description of Ark could be based on it, but Noah is not a real character at all.

Because this looser god was not able to recreate humans?

It makes sense the design of the Ark would be based on boats used at that time. It would just be much bigger. Which makes sense as well. Whoever wrote this story did his homework.

It was but the jews misinterpreted noah being allowed to bring his pets as god forcing him to bring with him every animal in existence.

Humans are his special toys. It wouldn't be the same.

>the jews misinterpreted
The Pope said that they were God's pets though

>his special toys
what a childish god

>an old book said so so it must be true
For fuck's sake we live in a world where you can't even trust the media and people still argue that old books that have been modified thousands of times are god' s words.

But did he do it ex cathedra?

Not childish, just special.

No, but you did
>iraqis wuz Noah

Nah, chances are it's simply the flood caused by the younger dryas event that probably almost wiped out humanity as we know it. Which would explain why almost every culture has a flood myth

Yes but only because they are the lost tribe.

implying it is Noah and not Utnapishtim. Like the bible stole this from a way older Babylonian flood myth, even the details.

>Marsh Arabs
So what the fuck is this?

People saying those sandniggers are related to sumerians is a insult to sumerians

What is wrong with people?

In a couple of years we will see white americans saying they are natives and british werr bad for invaded them

>Bible specifically describes the materials used and the exact size of the ark
>It was a fucking metaphor

Go away blasphemer

Implying it's not already the case

Halloween costume

brainlet here, can you post more about the younger dryas event please

MUH CULTURE IS NOOOOOT A COSTUME
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
t. r*dskin

They probably are part Sumerian. It's hard to imagine the Sumerian genes disappeared entirely.

The pic was a joke, but still you can find tons of pseudo-neo-new age-hippies who claim to have native ancestry or some sort of mystical connection with them while the actual native descendants are probably drunk on the street or selling meth

>younger dryas event
>led to drought and semi arid climate in the middle east
Likely not the cause of the various flood myths in the middle east. Also, Noah is just another story, likely copied over from the Babylonian Gilgamesh epos.

>They probably are part Sumerian.
As they probably arent

Why arabs hate themselves so much?
You speak arab, arab culture, arab costume and arab religion yet you are claiming X people were your ancestor

That is the most bullshit thing i have ever seen

They arent sumerians nor related them, they are just arabs

Yeah i know

I'm not Arab. Just like English are part Celtic and Turks are part Anatolian I don't see why these Marsh Arabs wouldn't have native Mesopotamian ancestry as they are from Mesopotamia.

They aren't ordinary Arabs, moron. They're specifically considered different.

>speak arab
That's not a language.

I know you arent arab, i was talking about them

>they are from Mesopotamia.
Source?

They could be bedouins
Lol that is BS, they are arabs. Claiming sumerian ancestry is pathetic
>That's not a language
Lol what?
You must be arab, STOP your LARPing, imbecile

You know i could accept X people LARPing as Y people if atleast X people is emulating Y people culture, language, religion and costume but what arabs do is something evil and is mocking those ancient people

They claiming ancient mesopotamia ancestry is like white americans claiming native ancestry

They are obviously not outright Sumerian but they've continued the Sumerian way of life including thier architecture
----

Also, all of you are retarded. I'm obviously not talking about the Hebrew Noah's ark. I'm referring to the original Sumerian story that influenced the Akkadians, and eventually the Hebrews.

Can't we enjoy good historical myths without getting into religious arguments?

There was a comet impact in North America around 11000 years ago that hit glacial ice and caused tidal waves of melted ice over one hundred feet high which literally cut into the rock.
The guy who found this out is a bit nutty and has some far out ideas surrounding the fallout of it, but it's an interesting theory he poses nonetheless. He believes there is a single mother culture which then spread it throughout the world, hence common structures such as pyramids and common myths such as the great flood.
I'd take his conclusions with a bag of salt, but his research into the event is fairly interesting and seems to hold up.
Search Graham Hancock, he has a few interviews on the Joe Rogan experience (yeah I know, but it's well done nonetheless) which I recommend.

No because 90% of the people here are either trolls or fucking retarded

That doesn't make it true. God could well be a lying piece of shit.

>they've continued the Sumerian way of life including thier architecture
But that isnt the sumeria way of life and sumerians didn't have that architecture

What the fuck you are talking about?

Wait, I can get a cute Indian fuck toy for just $35.- ?

You are a brainlet.

Genetic studies also suggest a Sumerian link

Thank (You)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21970613

We call them Mormons.

Marsh arabs are people who have lived in the marshlands since the beginning of history, they still even make their boats the same fucking way. You are getting stuck on the fact there is now Arab in their name.

>Indian
U disgusting cultural appropriator

Zin Sudu, also known as Ziusudra, built it. Of course it's real.

My guess is that it looked more like a floating coffin.

>circular boat
You mean a UFO?

Actually the Marsh Arabs speak a weird dialect of Arabic which likely includes a lot of words picked up from ancient civilizations. For example, Syrian arabic has a lot of different words that's probably more Aramean than Arabic in origin (I know this dialect)

You're an idiot. The Arabs did not replace all the populations during the conquests. For a long time they lived in the periphery as rulers, instituting their faith and language on the conquered peoples. I'm Syrian and I'm a product of admixture from both West and East, which makes sense since Syria is the crossroads of Europe and Asia. The Marsh Arabs are descendants of ancient peoples in Iraq, as most native Iraqis are. The Marsh Arabs retained more of that culture than say people in Baghdad.

15% Italian
>SPQRed

My theory is Noahs ark was just wildly blown out of proportion due to the oral spread of the bible.

>ice age meltdown
>coastal areas get flooded
>some bloke brings 2 of every animal on his farm into the boat
>everyone else gets BTFO in the nearby area
>story gets retold by his sons and other offspring, eventually spiralling out of control into a global flood and 2 of ALL ANIMALS ON EARTH

looks comfy as fuck

Hmmm well he seemed to have lied a lot since archaeology doesn't support most of the Hebrews claims

>Giving a shit about sand people fairy tails

Western Civilization is largely defined by a sand people faith.

It supports all of it, to the extent that it has caught up with the bible. All of it. 100%.

My theory is that you hold theories that have no supporting evidence whatsoever, and are really only your own personal biased opinions.

Western Civilization is hardly anything admirable

Says the faggot who is using the internet, a product of the West.

>internet
>good thing
Faggotry is also a product of civilization.

A metaphor for what?
This is an honest question.

Aren't atheists supposed to be smart?

Atheists?

Jesus

>there are people on this earth who believe that some guy literally got two animals of every species on earth onto that tiny raft and surfed a giant flood like an ancient hawaiian
Before anyone says it’s a metaphor, this used to be taught as the most literal truth until not that long ago.

Fuck off you edgy stick kike worshiper

When was it assumed that fools were smart?

That's literally what the bible says.

It's not the literal truth.

Many animals were taken in 7s, not 2s.

Hey, I'm that one guy who actually studied sumerology on here. Ask me shit.
Yeah, marsh arabs also have reed huts that are exactly like sumerian reed huts in depictions and several sumerian loanwords. Fuck saddam for ruining everything before we got a chance to study them properly.
Ps. Abraham was from Ur and the ritual address 'god of my fathers' is verbatim from the sumerian term addressing the personal god, ie god of the family. Theory is after fall of UrIII/Isin-Larsa this 'personal god' developed into monotheism.

PPS. I'm tired as fuck so im gonna be brief and spell badly

It wasn't assumed but statistically measured.

So it is very likely that those two guys
are rather not Atheists.

Ingeneral the flood myth is a reversal of the creation myth where firmament arises from a watery void like the fetus magically comes from the watery womb. The world is being born/unborn - all myth has an aetiological function and is generally based on processes in the natural world in the macrocosm/microcosm dichotomy.

Also everyone even remotely interested go read fucking Thorkild Jacobsen he's amazing.

Daily reminder that the biblical flood myth is a 1:1 copy from the much older Gilgamesh epic.

We don't know if such a flood even historically happened, but what we do know is, if it happened, it was long before the bible and likely the Jews picked up on it during their time in Babylon. So much for the word of god.

everyone knows there were flooding due to ice age meltdown you absolute fucking retard, considered suicide today?

you waste of space, you sit there all day as your dad fucking shakes his head, you keep telling him your app will be ready soon and you'll make loads of money, but there's no fucking app, you disappointment

[citation needed]

More likely some sea level rise in south mesopotamia mixed with general birth/unbirth motif actually. Also alluvial absu mythology as there's a giant aquifer under mesopotamia so they naturally thought 'oh, all that water must have been up here then sunk down.'

I can’t see how that makes it any better

Rather ask how Noah brought the Kangaroos back to Australia. You will get some serious mind-bending as a reward.

/r/atheism

back you go memelord

>Reeeeeh
>don't dare to question my bronze age myths!

>the bible was penned by a bunch of hook-nosed cretins who plagiarized older myths

This is a redpill humanity will always refuse to swallow.

the bible is the literal word of romans you gullible catholic.

it's on mount Ararat and it clearly looks nothing like that