Coffee

When did coffee become such a daily thing in The West? And when it got introduced?

I don't know, OP, but let me tell you something. I drink my coffee black. You heard me? B-l-a-c-k, no sugar, no milk, no nothing. Black coffee, strong coffee, that's how I have my coffee.

Pretty sure it became a huge thing when the English started importing it from the Americas and opened up coffee houses in London in the late 17th to early 18th centuries.

bump

Spread via the French, who picked it up from their BFFs the Ottomans.

Only faggots drink that swill

Meme drink... just that nothing else

Americans needed to substitute tea after the Revolution made being British un-cool
So they started buying coffee from everywhere, and the fashion caught on

Battle of Vienna

fuck tea and shit muhfugga
we coffee house revolutionaries now

Britbong coffee houses became popular in the late 17th century. These were meeting places of merchants and traders who would conduct deals and set prices, the forerunner of the stock market and futures market, in Britain at least.

Coffee was banned by the Catholic church, and the only way Coffee could be imported to Europe, was by the Venetians, who could trade with Ottos and Arab countries, where coffee originally grew. Then the Venetians sold it to Brits and Dutch, but it never caught up there because of tea and hot chocolate, respectively, so they started selling it in the Americas. After the Catholic church lifted the ban on coffee, or as they called it "fruit of devil" it quickly got popular in Italy and South Med, while in the Balkans it became popular via the Turks.

Source: Am a bartender.

Fun fact: A single can of Coca Cola has 6x times more caffeine than a shot of espresso, and a single cup of filter coffee has 10x more than a 12ml of espresso, meaning that 3 cups of filter coffee at absolute most or you will start having neurological problems.
Don't drink decaf, it's cancerous and dangerous. Only drink decaf that you know was processed with water, then drink safely. Sadly only 1% of companies process coffee with water, one of them is Cellini.

>Spread via the French, who picked it up from
their BFFs the Ottomans.

No the Austrians picked it from the Turks, and the French via the Austrians

What about Turkish coffee, how much caffeine does it have? Filter coffee tastes like brown water i have no idea how its so strong

Why do I feel so much more buzzed after an espresso shot than when I drink a can of Coke? Is it a placebo effect?

Turkish Coffee is majority robusta, meaning strong smell and weak taste, and it has the lowest amount of caffeine amongst espresso, filter and instant types of coffee.

Filter coffee is like brown water because its made wrong. It's it's the strongest coffee type around. Have seen how it's made correctly? You pour hot water on coffee powder through a filter. That process takes 5 mins and it's the best filter coffee you will taste around. It's not bitter as the 99% of filter coffee people usually drink. The half life (wrong term but you get what I mean) of filter coffee in the mug is 7.5 minutes, because coffee can be affected by the environment really easily, meaning it loses it's smell and taste really fast.

I honestly don't know, probably something to do with the other ingredients in Coca Cola. And plus the buzz feeling after the espresso lasts usually for 20 mins at most.

Another fun fact that can save your life: You know taurine? This thing in energy drinks. It's fun and all, but don't with alcohol. Ever! It's dangerous. It never disolves in your blood and stays in the stomach, and that mixed with alcohol that absolves in the blood really fast create huge problems, and there can be really serious complications with your health if you take it to far. I almost got into a koma after shaking on my bed for several hours just because I drank 5 vodka red bulls in a club back to back. My heart was beating like crazy as well. I did my research, asked doctors, and well, that's the summary.

WITH NO COFFEE, THE HERO CANNOT PERFORM WITH OPTIMALITY.

I LIKE MY COFFEE “BLACK” AS FURY, BITTER AS STRUGGLE.

>Fun fact: A single can of Coca Cola has 6x times more caffeine than a shot of espresso, and a single cup of filter coffee has 10x more than a 12ml of espresso, meaning that 3 cups of filter coffee at absolute most or you will start having neurological problems.

12 fl oz of coke = 32mg of caffeine
1 fl oz of espresso = 64-70mg of caffeine
6 fl oz of filter coffee = 65-150mg

This man is a liar and probably drunk

>Don't drink decaf, it tastes like fucking dishwater.
FTFY

>when the english started importing it
Introduced to Europe via Italian-Ottoman trade.

>from the americas
Coffee is from Africa.

>in the late 17th to early 18th centuries
First introduced into Europe during the 16th century.