Who /can't cook/ here?

Who /can't cook/ here?

> Decide to try and cook some chicken breast in a pan to improve taste, add sauces, and make it not so dry
>1 minute in I realize I have no idea what I'm doing
>Give up and just throw the chicken breast in a pot and just boil it
>Another day of bland chicken

just look up a cooking guide and follow the steps bro, we can all make it and become /cook/. I believe in you user

preheat oven to 180F
cut chicken up into small pieces
put it on a baking sheet
add oil, salt, dried herbs, chili flakes
mix
put into oven
check doneness after 15 minutes

brine your chicken

This.
I don't get why people boil chicken ever.
Baking with seasoning is so easy and versatile and never comes out dry.

They have shit for beginners, I've learned a few things while lurking

Does your supermarket sell those complete meal packets? They say on the packaging what fresh ingredients you need to buy, and also a step by step recipy.

I like to dry brine chicken. It sears way better and it comes out really tender.

That's honestly pathetic.
Roasting or seasoning chicken for pan frying is easy.
Soup is even easier. Brown the chicken in pan with some onions, then throw it into a pot with 2 cups of stock. Add some vegetables and cook for 20 is minutes and bam, tasty as fuck. If you wanna be fancy you use a strainer and put the liquid into a mixing bowl, then blend the vegetables and chicken with enough liquid to make it smooth. Finish it off with a cup of cream, serve with parsley and pepper.

>Butterfly chicken breast
>Put in pan with olive oil
>Fry it for a bit
>squeeze half a lemon over it
>Pour in a lash of white wine
>Let it burn it off for a minute or two

Done

>tfw been cooking nothing but chicken pasta and chicken curry for the past 3 weeks

i know how to make other meals but i dont spend more than i have to on food

>george foreman grill
>dry rub
>4 minutes for thin breast
>6 minutes for fat breast

I like to turn mine for even cooking about halfway

boom you're a cook

>google

personally boiled chicken shredded with some fish sauce is heaven. like hainanese chicken rice

This is how you eat on a budget

I often post on Veeky Forums its a shit show 80% of the time with all the fast food and pizza shitposting. 20% of the time you'll find some good stuff there that isn't literally buying a frozen meal.

OP, just take the whole chicken breast and sear it on both sides and then throw it in the oven. It will stay juicy and delicious. Also, I get that this is Veeky Forums....but....STOP CUTTING THE FATS. Fats are your friend, just don't use cancer fats/oils, you need them to cook your chicken. Lean chicken will be dry if you dont use olive oil or coconut oil or something to keep it moist.

Literally put spices on the chicken breasts and bake them for half an hour, marinade it for a few hours if you want more flavor. It's incredibly easy you retard

>thinks marinade is a verb
>calls op retard

MY FUCKIN SIDES!!

How much of a fucking potato are you to not know how to use a crock pot? It does all the work for you after you dump in whatever the fuck you want to eat.

>Baking chicken to solve dryness

My entire diet consists of chicken rice curry, oats and whatever i want to shove some fat into the diet.

I've eaten this way for a year and it never grates, cooking is overrated as fuck

Shallow fry in very little oil. Med heat. 30 mins. Add spice while cooking.

Simple. Juicy as your mammas box.

Just buy a bag of tyson chicken and microwave it dumby

go get some spices from the asian market

How do I make sure it cooks evenly?

Watch food wishes and Gordon Ramsey cooking 101 on youtube and git gud

you put the pan on the middle of the burner and the chicken in the middle of the pan

then you don't fuck with it until it's time to flip

then you don't fuck with it until it's time to eat

Defrost chicken
Cut into small pieces
Season
Put in pan
Cook till not pink
Put chicken chunks in brown rice with veggies
Eat.
Life must be hard for you if you can't do something this simple....

>Defrost chicken

jesus just get some fresh chicken erry other day

also I had a teacher in high school who literally could not boil water.

Wow you have no sense of self efficacy . That will continue to hinder your life if you don't do something about it.

>Put chicken chunks in brown rice with veggies
Giving OP too much credit you think brown rice and veggies can be prepared to go with that chicken.

>forgetting to marinade your bread

>After defrosting in the fridge the chicken still is too hard and solid like it is still frozen

Wat do

Since this is a food thread, might as well ask it here.

My gym buddy and I go to the gym at around 5:30, after we get off work. What's a good meal that'll get mostly processed (considering I eat lunch at either 11 or 12) by the time I get to the gym, and then shit it out when I get back?

I generally stick to salads, or one egg, turkey, cheese whole-wheat bagel, but it's not really enough, I'm pretty hungry and tired when I get to the gym.

Suggestions?

Breakfast is a double-protein shake.

>Chicken breast in a pot and JUST boil it

What do you live in a post ww2 bomb city? Jesus man just put chicken breasts on a frying pan, put lemon pepper and wait 10minutes

Banter aside you probably dont have the right tools to start cooking. Get a food scale and some pans and clean your oven.

>defrosting in the fridge
what ? you just put the frozen meat into fridge ? jesus

Just put it a plastic bag and let it sit in a bowl with cold water ....

Why?
Its cheaper to buy bulk packs of frozen breasts and i hate shopping.

In what packs do you guys buy your chicken at Walmart?

I feel is too hard to separate the breasts when you buy the biggest pack

>buy your chicken
>Walmart

No food should ever be bought at Walmart, you gone goofed user.

>38502538
You boil chicken?! America you've dissapointed me.

My "pollo en pepitoria" is the finest in town.

this.

especially if it's the walmart brand. literally cancer meat. it always comes out tasting.. gamey.

For all you northeastfags, Wegmans is where its at.

I buy my chicken at costco in frozen bulk packs for around 40$cad which does me for roughly 2 months...

Where the fuck am I supposed to buy meat

>what's a butcher's shop ?

At a super market like a normal fucking person or a wholesale place such as BJs or Costco.

Have you ever looked at the perishable foods at places like Wal-Mart and Costco? It's complete shit.

*Wal-Mart and Target

How can you fuck up at cooking?

>Preheat your fucking oven to like 200 or some shit
>Put some fucking oil in a pan, like one teaspoon because you don't wanna be a fat shit.
>Heat the fucking pan
>While that's happening season and marinate your raw chicken with whatever
>Tip the pan, if oil is as runny as water, it's now hot enough
>Throw the chicken in
>Cook just barely enough to get that cooked appearance on the outside
>Put it in the fucking oven for ten-fifteen minutes depending on how big your chicken piece is.

Oh also I meant 200 celsius, look up a converter for freedom measurements online.

All the easily accessible information available to you online and instead you accept the defeat?

>Pre-heat pan on a medium temperature
>Get chicken out and put your herbs and spices on it
> Put chicken in pan and cook for 7-8 minutes each side.

Good herbs and spices for chicken: cajun, habanero pepper flakes, garlic, thyme. Alternatively, by a pre-made mix.

>tfw master at cooking
>tfw preparing Alfredo chicken
>tfw preparing General Tso Chicken
>tfw preparing Southern Style Grilled Chicken
>tfw cooking always turns out good
I don't even know how I cook, I kinda make sure it looks and feels right

maybe you have shit taste

you should write a cookbook it would go similar to this image for drawing

>180F

Wat

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!