Saw this greyskull variant on here, is it good for strength and aesthetics? Tired of doing SL and looking like a T-Rex

Saw this greyskull variant on here, is it good for strength and aesthetics? Tired of doing SL and looking like a T-Rex.

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/what-is-rokos-basilisk-2014-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Post pic, post stats, how long you been lifting?
We need some info to assess your situation and help you pick the best routine.

isolation exercises are useful in your situation if you're t-rex mode; otherwise they just sell the routine to DYELs.

started with pic related. much better balance on days, easier to follow, removes shitty isolations. also leaves space in the split to add your own exercises, to add variety (although it doesn't get boring at all).

in your case, I would recommend pic related and add isolations that focus on chest, shoulder and back, with a separate fourth day for core exercises.

post stats as well please.

Deload: the program.

yeah, I cut out the deload rule. it's a beginner's routine, cut it some slack.

Not Op, what if I do this routine but with 3x8-12 instead 3x5 for everything except deadlifts and squats?

The AMRAP sets after a deload are the money maker on this program.
I don't see why you would ignore it.

good for hypertrophy and maximising the size from your noob gains, but as you progress into the higher weights you will be deloading so much your progress will stop being so linear. I recommend leaving everything at 3x5, as changing specific exercises will also cause imbalances.

I don't follow it religiously, but it works in principle. looking back, it would potentially have been beneficial in order to keep progress somewhat more linear, but as a 3 day routine I don't think it matters as much.

Semi-hijacking this as a QTDDOT thread since I'm gonna be switching to one of the routine's posted here.

My new school's weight room isn't well equipped for deadlifts and I'm not sure I can do them there. There's nothing explicitly forbidding them, but they don't have bumper plates or platforms.

Wondering if there's anything Veeky Forums could recommend as deadlift replacements.

What's so wrong about the deloads?

Do they have a power rack? You can do rack deadlifts

Don't slam the weights you dense fucker

some ( ) believe that it's detrimental for linear progress, and is a mark of your own stupidity for attempting to lift too heavy too soon. others believe having it as a rule just a waste of time and instead try to power through with the current weight.

I () believe it works well to benefit linear progress, but I found it not to my taste because gym wasn't a priority in my life during my noob gain period.

very little replaces the deadlift as it's a staple exercise, but the right combination of isolations can produce vaguely similar results (emphasis on VAGUELY, you can easily cause disastrous imbalances). my suggestion would be to do all of your workout days minus pull day at your school's weight room, and doing pull day at a well equipped gym.

I know that. The plates are just smaller, even the 45s.

stack shit so it's the right height you dense fuck

That's perfect then. Get some rubber horse mats until you're at the right height. 2brds1ston. Have the same setup.

If you want aesthetics look up Eric Helms sample upper/lower routines for novices. They're aimed for someone who wants to bodybuild and have enough volume to do so without going overboard.

Plus Helms actually knows what he's talking about as opposed to some DYEL redditor or a tranny

greyskull is working great for my upper body.

I can now ohp 1 plate but kinda stalling since I dont have microplates and so far have been jumping 2.5kg every session.

Any advice on ghetto microplates anyone?

Go to the workout section of any store like target or walmart and get a set of the 1 pound wrist/ankle weights that bitches run with.

Strap 'em to your barbell

I did this, but another option is to buy some metal washers.

Main lifts as usual.
assistance on 3x8-12 rep scheme. Swap out to similar movements as&when.

A: dips, db curls
B: lat raises, shrugs and hold
C: overhead tricep extention, db hammer curls

businessinsider.com/what-is-rokos-basilisk-2014-8

There was an infographic that gave the results of different studies that study different reps and hypertrophy. According to the studies there is no difference in hypertrophy between rep ranges but there is a difference in strength gains with 3-5 reps having the most strength gains. Alternatively look up "strength theory hypertrophy range" on google and read

legend this is a great idea

String and 1lbs water bottles or other objects.
Whatever it takes breh.

>get a set of the 1 pound wrist/ankle weights that bitches run with.
>unironically casually calling women "bitches"
Back to /pol/ you go.

hes australian. All women are called bitches and men are called cunts

fucking genius

That infographic is fucking trash.

>s-somebody said a bad word! They must be a racist sexist (other buzzword) shitlord hitler from /pol/!

This is why I don't take online people seriously. They all want to sound professonal, parroting things they hear. No, any variation of deadlift including trap bar successfully replaces conventional deadlift. Hack squat, deficit dead, sumo, trap, tire, rack pulls, anything thing that works posterior chain is fine. Same sense: you dont need 1g of protein per lb. Think logically and understand reality rather than being stuck to retarded fitness rules, holy fuck my mind hurts how you guys are so deep in the cult. Pls senpai WAKE UP

2x20oz water bottles and 2 pieces of string. Put plates on, then clips, then tie (full) water bottles to the remainder of the end of the barbell

Go have a cup of concrete

Continuing: doing other variation of posterior chain exercise will not cause imbalances like this retard claims lmao. Do you know how imbalances form after following a program? It depends on the current state of body including bone structure. Lets say that I am quad dominant novice with anterior pelvic tilit. Would not putting squats fuck my body uo due to "no core engagement "? Pls..........think.....
I feel your pain bc I was one of those who followed program word to word. Its dangerous cuz program need to be adopted as our body change. Some develop different needs than others and one rule does not fix all.

Do ICF 5x5

the deloed works well with the amrap set tho.
I wouldnt do it otherwise