Mental gains

Who here back to college after 25 years old?
>graduated with bachelors in Accounting when 22 years old
>worked in a firm and still do, but it's eating me up inside
>return to school at 28 years old going for a bachelors in biology. School starts today
>kids in the row in front of me in gen physics are wearing their high school letterman jackets and talking about "getting turnt"
>feel old as shit

Anyone else going for dem mental gains in late young- early middle adulthood

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TBWX97e1E9g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

same here, starting next monday. hopefulyl can pick up young sloots in the process.

>be in Dutch university
>everyone browses 9gag

>bachelors in biology
I have bad news for you.

I finished my master's at 35.

mental gains don't exist m8. you either smart or not. you can adopt better techniques to help you learn better within your IQ.

Anyway good luck with your biology degree.

I'm going to try to apply to a PharmD program up here afterwards but my accounting only fulfills like 1/3 of the requirements and I'd fail the PCAT without a background

Also
>tfw professor tells the students "remember in high school you learned this concept?"
>students nod
>high school was 10 years ago
>fug

I have 20,000 dollars in grants from a benefits package from where my dad worked before he died. What's a good degree to get to spend this money on, I only have it until I'm 24, and I'm 21 right now.

You should have done Biochemistry or Biomedicine.

Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Physics, Medicine, Law

A good degree is one in where you actually can find your passion and have some kind of future with. (as in: does it actually help you get the right knowledge for the career you are persuing?)

Biochem is lacking at my uni, but the bio program is the best in the northwest per uni ranking. I might switch

To be honest I've already found my passion as a massage therapist, but I have this more or less free money and would like to use it, I was considering an exercise science degree, because lol Veeky Forums

yo brah, accounting here to. Boring as shit. Good knowledge tho desu but yeah, boring as hell. I'm contemplating returning to school later too, maybe for engineering but idk to be honest, would like to start my own shop or something in the future

Dont get an exercise science degree man, all you need is to read the sticky.

If I were in your position I'd do something within my interest, like philosophy or history. It prob won't help me directly with a job, but it helps me to grow as a person in the field I want.

I'm starting at age 27 in a few weeks, enlisted in the Army after high school and now I'm out

Iktf bruh
If you do engineering at least your mathematics prereqs would be under wraps.
Nothing can prepare you for the headache and grind of accounting though.

>27 and starting computer sciences in a few weeks
>mfw

What you going for senpai

27 and about to start a mechanical engineering masters in a couple weeks.

I know I'm capable but it's been fucking years since I actually applied myself mentally. My plan is to start straight off being meticulously organised as shit and treating the workload like a solid 9-5 job.

As long as I can find a decent gym on the cheap I'll be all set.

im kinda the opposite of you got my bachelors in biology, turns out there aren't actually any jobs for that getting my masters in finance only two semesters to go just turned 27.

law isnt even a degree numb nuts

Be glad that they stay there

Electrical engineering

I was psyops so I have a good security clearance, figure once I've got the degree I'm a shoe in for some cozy contractor job

ok, as Cs graduate, read this post (also everyone else)

Programming is EXTREMELY easy to learn on your own, in fact, most of your classes will have you learning theory and testing it out on your own.

In fact, it is so easy to learn, you will find yourself learning 3 - 5 languages in your second year and up to 8 in your 3rd year.

So just get started, go online and find those tutorials resources.
Python - Learn Python the Hard Way

Java - youtu.be/TBWX97e1E9g basically taught me 10000x better than my uni lecturers/lab classes.

Once you learn Java, C# is practically exactly the same with minor changes.

For Web Design shit, I find Codeacademy has the best CSS/HTML course, to the point where i know for a fact some universities actually assign their homework on that website. So look into that.

Finally the hard shit, 3rd year you'll be learning about specialized shit, this is alot harder to learn on your own, but hopefully you developed a work ethic from your first 2 years that you will be able to keep up and also teach yourself. The material covered in the courses is way more abstract and less of it is found online and more in textbooks and such.

Why am I telling you this?

It's a tuesday morning and im drinking an iced americano, and I wish i had read a post like this.

good luck user

>America is the only country in the world

Do you know what an LLB is?

You guys make me hope. I did not get accepted to uni for the field I wanted this year, but Im gonna try again next year. Currently I am 20 years old and hopefully I get accepted when I am only 21.

This.

Not gonna happen.

Yup, twice. Started undergrad when I was 22, then didn't start my doctorate until I was 38. It's not that big a deal.

Yeah, it's some fag who can't argue in court.

brah, desu I love the things I learn through accounting, but it is basically that picture in a nutshell, unless you're at a company that employs good, funny people. Many companies don't find such people though. That's unfortunately where I am right now for the moment.

>bachelors in biology
>gen physics
ill never quite understand this whole "majoring" thing you yanks have going on

>tfw my four year degree gets me a masters, not just a bachelors

It could happen. Depends whether he is or acts like a massive creep though. I went to uni when I was 27, I just wanted to have fun meeting people whilst studying my passion, I made a lot of friends really quickly but never hit on girls. I eventually got a gf though (after a good few months of no sex at all haha).

>Yeah, it's some fag who can't argue in court.
Well, you clearly can't argue at all, considering you said law isn't a degree, when it clearly is, and then switched to arguing about rights of audience when refuted.

3/4 my way in to my bachelor's at 24 and I feel like a adult in a classroom full of children

>psyops

lol

>tfw 23 and starting CompSci in a few days

thanks bros

Just take the minimum required classes, I was accepted to 5 schools without a bachelors degree. There's isn't a point to getting that second bachelors.

I'm 26 and started my M.A. last week. A girl in my cohort is 21. I'm a bit envious of dat huge head start she has.

there are programs you can go to at some schools that are short and designed specifically to fulfill those sort of pre-reqs

you should fug

why would you waste tens of thousands on 4 year college that requires you to take BS classes that you'll never use?

why would you not just go to an intensive camp for a couple grand and maybe a month of time and learn the relevant languages that you've determined employers want?

You will be payed less than gas station attendants.

Source: my wife is a biologist

Where?
Starting HBO this year after a couple years of working
>tfw dumb as rocks 17 year olds all around you

Because live in Europe and go to a more practical version of college

We talked a little bit, got along well, and then I found out about the inevitable boyfriend. Now I feel like things are weird between us and I probably shouldn't have even bothered.

Cuck him.

This.

CS is a useless major in Europe since it doesn't even pay that well here

I'm moving to the US soon and am gonna make double my current salary and keep health insurance etc

>girl
>headstart
Oh wait you said MA. Yeah that's for fags and women, pretend to be gay when you graduate so you can get work.

Here brother

Got my BS in bio and aimed for dental school, was a student athlete and my grades suffered more than they should have (3.4) so now I'm finishing my physics degree hoping a 3.8 will swing things in my favor. If not I have other fallbacks tho so meh

>>graduated with bachelors in Accounting when 22 years old
I am actually trying to go into Accounting rn. How easy is it? I hard it's no where near as hard as engineering. What am I expected?

it's just a lot of tedious calculations and memorizing financial definitions

not particularly difficult but it's pretty boring

>move to US
>get job stolen by Pajeet
>get stabbed by BLM
Not to mention everyone is fat af there.

kjsdfn

Man, I'm 30 and working on my PH.D. In biology. My last three GFs were 20, 23, and 19. It can happen (and can last, the 20 yr old was my GF for 1.5 years and family problems took her from me)

same

I'm 24 years old:
>Got job at Google as an engineer at 21
>Finished BS degree at 22
>Left Google and started my own medical software development company
>Making about 5k a month.
>Going from about 200 samples processed a month (through our service) to about 5000 next month. (Estimated revenue around 30k monthly)

I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't party our hang out with friends. My past year especially has been one massive grind. I quit video games and TV and work at my dream.

Unfortunately I have been neglecting my body significantly for almost a decade and that's why I've come here to truly perfect myself

I'm 27 and just went back to school last fall.
I'm only going part time, because I have a full time job that I need to keep a roof over my head.
>hate college kids
>take online classes

>I'm moving to the US soon and am gonna make double my current salary

Until Madam President raises the H1B cap and Pajeet takes your job

no you don't, shitdick

>my wife didn't get accepted to med school
ftfy

I'm also 24 years old:
>Started studying physics when I was 20
>Finished Bachelors at 23
>Realize I'm not interested in physics
>Gonna study philosophy now

Give money pls, thanks.

How do you think I'm getting my job lol? H1B

and I'm Romanian so it doesn't really matter. I'm going from making about $55k to over $120k in the US

accounting seems like a great career choice

>not the most challenging job
>stable
>pays decently

Graduated from pharmacy school with a PharmD in 2014. I'll happily answer any questions you might have.

Protip: don't work retail

Same situation. I'm 25 though and have a homegym. Viel Erfolg!

Im also 24 and I'm starting my PhD program this semester. Today was the first official day of school (last week was orientation) and you're right, those 18 year olds look like babbys. I want to fugg an 18 year old though, I'm TAing a lab this semester so hopefully I can fugg some students after I'm done with their grades.

Im about to graduate with a degree in accounting. It is something I really enjoy. Have i done goofed?

I'm 27 just starting Uni. A lot of the other students here are also around my age.

>learning new things doesn't change the way you think about things and thus your mental capacity

Sorry m8, but you're wrong. I've got a music degree, an accounting degree, and an MBA, and I can tell you they all developed my brain in very different ways.

>tfw put all my eggs into the med school basket
>tfw got the email yesterday saying I've been rejected

might have to go back to uni at 25 lads. I don't know what I'll do.

happy endings?

Do some research and bolster your application for next year

>22
>finishing up my CS degree this year
>resume and work experience is studly
>going to be a tall, jacked, charistmatic software engineer

this is the shit I dreamed about 4 years ago

bring on the hoes

also only take Veeky Forums cynics half-seriously, everyone wants to be a doomsayer, when I was starting college as a freshman I somberly figured there'd be no jobs for me when I graduated cause I bought into the "college is a meme" meme tossed around here

there are jobs galore for STEM at least

an accounting background can take you lots of different placces.

getting the actual degree is boring, if easy for the right type of mind

public accounting is tedious as shit, unless you get into a large firm and travel to a lot of cool places and like exploring after hours. more likely, you will be local or within driving distance, stay in shitty hotels, and work 60 hours during busy season and 35 during off season. the one bonus to this is that you can move upwards very quickly if you can stomach the work since most people leave within 5 years. you will learn a lot here

private accounting is so varied its hard to put a pin on. you could be literally counting money in a nonprofit, you could be a controller, just overseeing that GAAP seems adhered to, etc etc

the golden ticket as an accountant imo is to get in at a university.

I fell for the computer science meme. Every job around has a 2+ years industry experience requirement to even get an interview for an entry level job, so I had to settle for a $40k job for now. Granted, the working conditions are really great and lax, but I barely have enough money for my combined rent, car payment, insurance, and student loans, let alone food and gas. Plz tell me this gets better.

I'm 26 and going into my second year, started last year at 25. I don't feel to weird going into class, I'm old enough to disconnect myself from the retarded bro culture but young enough where I can still hang out in the same general peer group and hook up with college sloots.

All in all its pretty nice right now, I do wish I had done this with my friends when I was a bit younger though because paying for an apartment and lots of bills by yourself while going to college full time is tiring and expensive as fuck and as soon as I graduate I will be saddled with so much debt I will probably just kill myself.

US? get on that income based plan son. since i was unemployed last year im paying 0 right now, will pay 10% of my pay next year, and any balances beyond like 10 or 20 years are forgiven

What?

Everyone I know got a job graduating from CS and the median was around $65k

where'd you go?

I got accepted to the masters program I wanted (UPenn) but took a year off before starting.

>taking an undergrad course
>girl sitting next to me is 17
>i'm closer in age to our teacher than her

feels weird

24 yo here. This year i will take my degree on n evironmental studies. Next year going to a university to study data analysis

>getting turnt
I don't even know what that means

I'm in Michigan, applied to every opening in Ann Arbor, Lansing, Grand Rapids, and Detroit. Only got a couple of phone interviews after like 3 months of applying to places every single night. Finally, out of desperation I took a $40k job in Ann Arbor and have been getting cucked hard for 3 months now. I don't want to be greedy, but I feel like the pay has to go up soon. I'm doing back end Java work if that helps get an idea of expected pay rate.

I also don't want to double my total cost of interest over the life of the loan though.

I'm turning 23 and doing engineering, praying to God o can transfer to a different university after this year
I'll be at least 27 when I'm done
Fuck.

How do you get a job as an engineer before even graduating?

>Protip: don't work retail

>Spend more time in a year long residency and work in academia making less money and lose out on a year's worth of income

Cuck please.

probably internship and then they invited him back

that might fuck me over though. i'm going to re-sit the entrance exam which i can do better on and do some gay volunteering shit somewhere to join the rest of the rimjob parade that is med school applications.

I'm only 21 but I'm wrapping up my PolSci degree next year, and have been offered a paid internship at policy thinktanks in both Canberra and DC. Also currently working in media intelligence, which if I wasn't a student and was able to work full time would be a 60k a year job.

Meanwhile all my friends are unemployed, living off their parents, or work shitty cafe jobs while hardly bothering with university. Feels good to get ahead of the curve.

28 here
getting that codemonkey degree

>go to class
>immediately go home
>talk to nobody ever
>"user why are you so quiet"
h-help

If you give me an extra 50 bucks bby

you're not understanding. after the time, say 15 years, everything is forgiven. you could theoretically pay 0

good luck getting an internship or job lmao

>tfw 21 and about to finish chem eng at a top canadian uni
what a time to be alive

So the smartest kid in a class of retards, amazing

The thing is, I only have about $30k in loans, and with a good enough salary (I'm going to be applying for new jobs after I have a year of experience on my resume) I could easily pay back this ten year loan in five or fewer (current monthly payment is $391). If I do the 10% payment plan, and then get a $65k job next spring, would I be fucked and get kicked off the plan? The loan debt is by far the biggest worry a I have in my life and the sooner it's gone the happier I'll be, even if it means living on scraps and hating life for a few years.

>TFW studying business and I'm getting recommendations from every teacher and I'm gonna have a bright future

life sure is good

Where did we all fuck up so badly that we are able to be in uni in our late 20s?

We should have a wife kids and house by this age, but we're in school racking up debt for some feeble attempt to better ourselves when we're already leaving our peak years.