Anyone else feel that deadlifts are massively overrated for hypertrophy?

Anyone else feel that deadlifts are massively overrated for hypertrophy?

no

No.

no

Deadlifts are massively overrated period. If you ain't DLing for a meet, don't bother.

>feel

its the "drink whiskey from a dirt glass and your dick will get bigger along with your beard" equivalent of bodybuilding
and pullovers,fuck those

Kek, good joke. Some dyel noob might not understand the sarcasm, though.

ITT people don't know bout deficit dead lifts. It's all about the rom bros. Squats ain't shit if you're only going to parallel so why do the same for deads

>pullovers
Fucking useless. They're supposed to be a chest and lat exercise but the only place I feel them is my triceps and serratus.

if you don't deadlift you are a pussy

See this circle jerk surround deadlifts is fucking ridiculous.

It is just an exercise. You don't have to do it unless you are a powerlifter.

I love deadlifting.
They have built my neck and traps better than anything else.

Sure they aren't necessary if your goals are purely hypertrophy and aesthetics.

Buttfuck you I enjoy them and they give me something to look forward to regarding gym work. No other exercise do I enjoy as much.

Most dudes on this forum are DYEL faggots who don't even have arms past 17 inches.

I fell into the deadlift meme too for a while but after actually thinking for myself I started realizing that they aren't an end all be all exercise.

However, if your main goal is to get stronger than deadlifts are a very good exercise.

If your main goal is to get aesthetic you don't need deadlifts.

The problem is that most guys have never talked to pros so they don't know the fact that they only deadlift and go heavy for the camera.

Ronnie Coleman is an example of this, everyone talks about his 800 lb deadlift but he himself admits that he doesn't always go that heavy and it was only for the camera.

You're doing them wrong or confusing it when it's really your lower lats. Will say that unless you squeeze your ass off you won't ever feel it in your chest that shits retarded

I dont and I can probably deadlift more than you. Hard to feel like a pussy when I don't care about it

zoo wee mama

I do DL for strength and enjoyment. For hypertrophy: back: pendlay rows, shrugs, chinups; legs: squats.

It's about the fucking back angle not about how deep your hips are you stupid fuck. Its a completely different movement.
Is Veeky Forums this retarded?

Yeah but they make me feel strong and they're fun

I train primarily for strength, but if your goals are hypertrophy/aesthetics, I personally feel that conventional deadlifts have no purpose in your traininh program. Perhaps Romanian deadlifts, but not normal ones.

Bodybuilders look retarded imo.
Really strong deadlifters always have this brutish, strong af look to them which looks sick af. I'd much rather look like jesse norris than ronnie coleman desu.
everybody has a different definition of aesthetics though.

Yeah, I have always done Romanian deadlift instead.
Makes my hamstrings fucking juicy, also it have gave me very nice back.
Or could be also that I like to row heavy, dunno.

I train for aesthetics and I deadlift.

Not as strong as the powerlifters here but definitely the big compound lifts make you look better more than tonnes of isolation.

I train for aesthetics and I totally agree with this, Coleman looks awful and his training methods are not applicable to Veeky Forums given how blatantly he is on drugs.

>jesse norris
>ronnie coleman
>aesthetic

Pick neither.

Deadlifts are just massively overrated in general. Useless meme lift.

>Make you weak
>Dangerous
>Useless for hypertrophy
>Looks stupid
>Stupid meme lift
>Done by fedoras

I literally stated that everybody thinks dofferent bodies are aesthetic lmao.
He looks pretty good imo.

Maybe, but if you lift and cant do 4plates you are basically a subhuman

pic related - Ronnie Coleman

Its great for hypertrophy. I gained 30 lbs of muscle doing nothing but DL. Only problem is it isn't A E S T H E T I C at all and I look DYEL with a short on

Doesn't look good to me and most people.
Whatever floats your boat though,m8.

>If your main goal is to get aesthetic you don't need deadlifts.
Wrong faggot. There are two ways to achieve what you retards circle jerk over all the time called aesthetics: copious amounts of gear and low bodyfat combined with lifting or, as a natty, low body fat and lifting as heavy as possible. Doing 12 reps with a dumbbell won't get you shit.

You do realize that the guy you are talking to is probably twice as big as you, right?

deadlift the best lift
uses more muscles than most any other exercises
does nearly your entire lower half
expends more energy = more weight loss
activates more muscles = more muscle gain
easy to do, mostly legs and lower back
there is literally no excuse not to do them, they're great and you should do them.
hell, i'll come around to your house and help you do them. they are the bomb dope. awesomeness
approved by mother mary
ave maria

I just saw your name and lol'd
peace bro x

If he's who I think he looks like Senator Sanders. Fuck idea that dead lifts as a heavy exercises aren't better for looking good as a natty than doing 4-5 different isolation with at best half the weight. I guess unless you want to be one of those weird faggots with a half decent v taper and weird proportions everywhere else.

''''Aesthetics''''' as a natty is a fucking joke and it's far more irrelevant how you train on gear as long as you're training.

Yeah nah your reading comprehension needs to be above grade school level for my posts bruv.

R u dum?

Post body then big boy ;)

I'm not him but he is a well known trip who posts in cbt's you retard.

>tfw shit grip strength
can't even deadlift 90kg
please tell me how to improve grip strength
I could use wraps but I don't want to become dependent on them while lifting such babby weight

It was a squat but your post is still relevant

>tfw short arms long torso

I deficit pull every time I pull conventional from the floor desu

>Tripfag
>Multiple spelling errors
>Factual errors

0/10

>Dead hangs
>on your last rep of your set on the dl, hold the bar for as long as you can at the top
>barbell rows
>heavy barbell shrugs
Just hold a bar more often breh, my grip has gone from double overhand 80x5 to 120x5 in the past few months.

hold the bar in your fingers, not your palm

.t dyel

at my gym you can easily notice that the only guys who deadlift regularily look like shit
and the big and strong guys deadlift only once in a while just for fun and to test their strength which they built mostly by just training legs and back seperately. many of them deadlift 200kg+ without doing it more often than once a month (I know that for a fact because it's a small gym and we're all bros)
I'd say it's definitely a meme lift but that's just my experience

Keep deadlifting

What are the best exercises for aesthetics then?

Only thing that consistently gives me a good hams workout.

>body builder fag calling deadlifts overrated
You guys are a joke.

Where you live? I need help.

>I read SS, I'm an elite powerlifter now and know everything about hypertrophy also

I hang from the bar after my last set of pull ups or chin ups and also only increase my dl by 5lb a week. You could also load up the bar with 70 to 80% of your dl weight and do static holds. I know you don't do power cleans anyway so Monday and Friday would be open. I just can'take be assed to load up the weight just to hold it haha

Unlike deadlifts, RDLs aren't a meme, and they actually make you look good

As someone who built up to a 600lb deadlift, they are not really necessary for aesthetics, and wouldn't recommend to everyone. If you're a plain powerlifter and going into meets, go ahead. But if simply looking for casual aesthetics, theres really no point. As you'll need more time to recover from your sessions, increase probability of getting injured, and stunt the progress of the rest of your workout that day.

Deadlifts builing your ENTIRE body is a meme.

But they actually do A LOT of work for your traps, hamstrings, glutes and quads, for sure. At least for me personally they have.

/thread

I'd rather do RDLs.

>He thinks hypertrophy is real for anyone except people cycling
>He tries to body build as a natty
Yeah, you and every dad bod mother fucker at the average gym will surely become part of the Greek Pantheon if you continue to do 12 reps and be dedicated bro, no lie.

>This thread again
When will dyels leave?

no

keep goin bro someday you'll do 400lb diddly and be a little girl too

I already max out at 507lb you dyel cunt

>100lb more than a little girl
lol

>being this high
man you gotta get sober

it's cool man someday you'll grow up to be as big and strong as this 130lb champion diddlying 600lbs

then maybe when you're physically smaller than most girls you will be the one true non dyel, because deadlifts...

deadlifts is the only lift you need tho

>38521287
that guy is like 5'2" and ripped as fuck for his height. Quit being a jelly dyel faggot. Deadlifts are GOAT.

SPIT THAT REDPILL OUT

just sayan he's tiny and can outlift most of you so when if ever you reach his potential, it doesn't mean you're gonna look any less dyel, breh

whoa we big girls now

Why are you even here if you want to look like a twink?

newsflash, i am closing in on lmao6plate and my legs nor my back look dyel. keep trying though

How much do you deadlift?

And when you finally surpass your 1pl8 bench for 12 reps, you're not going to look any less dyel, breh.

>6 pl8
>everything looks small
You don't all the plates on both sides m8

Absolutely not.

no

fat, roids or delusional which is it

Ok seriously, if the deadlift is a bad exercise for aesthetics, then what are the alternatives? I'm about to do back/biceps so this thread is a nightmare...

none of the above.. kek

>i'm aesthetically desireable yet i don't post pics
-said by no aesthetic person ever

>posting pictures of yourself on a Taiwanese fuccboi hookup forum.

I don't have to prove shit, don't deadlift if you dont want to, but you wont have developed spinal erectors glutes or hamstrings as a result.

>i can't even pull 1.5 times my bodyweight

hahah this board is such fucking shit and always has been

brah conventional deads aren't even top 3 for developing any of those

deadlift is a meme lift for insecure people

I dont do only conventional. I switch between sumo, hybrid, RDLs, and deficits/snatch grip deads.

i just test maxes with conventional because it's a good measure of progress.

stay weak

Power cleans are better tbphwy

You don't do any kind of deadlift with considerable weight unless you enjoy getting no gains while your body takes longer than necessary to recover.

i doubt theres anybody that cant pull 1.5 times their weight.

>too weak to deadlift twice a week with adequate recovery.

lmao at your life

yes, that's how actually heavy deadlifting works. elite lifters break the lift down into parts because it's literally a waste of time to deadlift heavy outside of competition.

/thread

I always knew I'd surprise someone someday

No. You're doing them wrong, that's all.

what the fuck happened to them all?

CNS failure?

>elite lifters
How do you think they got to that point retard? You're like some fucking moron claiming going to the driving range isn't a good place to work on your drives because Tiger Woods doesn't and instead x. You don't train like an elite athlete if you aren't one.

There's no shame in passing out at the gym