Progress Thread

Progress Thread?

Progress Thread

I sort of feel like I've been standing still even though I've gained muscle mass since July.

Other urls found in this thread:

exercisetoolkit.com/tag/fat-free-mass-index/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10195655
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why did your muscle mass go down so much while your fat decreased? What am I missing here?

My weight loss probably wasn't healthy.

I ate at 1200 - 1500 calories as well as working out, which could be upwards to 2 hours at the gym, 1 hour cardio, 1 hour weights.

I guess I'm just confused as to why it's saying you had so much muscle mass to begin with when you were just overweight.

Either way good work mang, keep up the progress. We all stall at some point, just gotta keep it up.

I really need a new progress pic.

I was pretty bear mode under all the fat.

But I also don't know how accurate they are, the measurements.

You have any tips on how to get outta skelly mode fast? Im making *very* slow progress

Also, dem gains, I jelly. Hopefully I'll look something like that once I have my skin removed in November.

Will that loose skin ever go away?

I've been pretty stagnant for the past couple months, currently sitting at 280. Because I'm 6'7 I don't have much of an expectation as to how I'll look once I drop more weight, as well as what I can expect after I start lifting. Has me feeling pretty down :(

Surgery in November but won't ever be as pretty as someone without

Is that the only way to get rid of it?

I've only ever really slow bulked. Never really ever went above ~12% bf. But really it just boils down to eating more.
Milk and peanut butter are easy for putting on more size. Just don't go overboard.

Thanks senpai. Good luck with that shit.

I imagine lifting at 6'7" is rough but dropping a 100 lbs is awesome man and nothing to be down about.

1h of weights? I doubt that. Stats?

Yep, once you're that far gone.

Nothing too intensive. I can upload the excel sheet I started doing and stopped doing again if you're interested. I kept track of all of my exercises in it.

good progress bro. reminds me of me. I am 6'5 started at 176KG (387.2lbs). i am 150KG (330lbs) now.

Sometimes it just stops i was at the same weight for weeks. It's the body readjusting. Don't tilt over that shit.

Good progress. How much so far?

5'9 - 190lbs > 150lbs - Jan 16 - August 16.

Trying to recomp as I am massively dyel

Any skin issues?

Still along way to go...

where are your nipples m8?

I'm pale as fuark. Strawberry cream nip nops.

A little bit. It'll all go once I get lower bf

I'm starting to get the beginnings of loose skin at the tops of my biceps and my weight loss is plateauing.

I'm thinking about easing off on the cardio (4x jogging 3 miles per week, it's still a lot for me) and adding in some more lifting. I have a pretty loose lifting schedule atm, and I only lift about 1x per week.

I'm thinking about going to a routine that is XXABXAB like I used to do for high school for football, with A being upper-body day; bench, biceps, triceps, etc and B being squats, leg curls, back, maybe deads. If I switch to this and still do cardio 1-2x per week and continue eating at 2350cal/day with plenty of protein, I should be good, right?

underage b&

that loose skin on your lower stomach isnt going anywhere, i made a similar weight change about 10 years ago and it looks exactly the same and im jacked now. sry for bad news.

I'm 19

Post pics.

You don't have any loose skin anywhere, faggot. The loose feeling you have is normal because the fat is getting softer as the body prepares to burn it off. If you just keep cutting, you'll make it by the end of the year easily.

Stronglifts

Guys I hit the gym for the first time yesterday. Did some simple things (cardio, dumbbell curls). I'm very weak and my arms hurt a lot from the curls. In fact, it hurts the most when I'm doing a curling motion. And I can't seem to straighten out my arms. I only used 10 pounds for each arm.

Did I break something? Maybe my form was shit and something got messed up. Or is it just muscle building?

Stronglifts plus cardio on rest days. Work up to doing HIIT once your stamina gets better.

50 lbs loss so far. looking to lose another 30 lbs

145 lbs -218 lbs

If you lose another 40 you'll be fuck tier

I'm pretty sure you were supposed to workout

>Lost muscle in between 3rd down and bottom

>gets blacker

She already is super cute though

I can see its your first day here, I'd like to point you towards the sticky.

Keep working out and lose weight/fat + tone/add muscle mass, you have potential.

Tits or gtfo

Duddde, you need to start lifting, you will be a gripper

Not at all, but thanks for the already read reading material :-)

Lol obviously you don't know how to bulk. I weighed probably 185 in the 3rd and gained 30+ lbs since. I haven't started a cut yet.

How long would it take for me to cut down 50 pounds on a 700 kcal deficit?

Because it's easier for fat people to carry more muscle. It's not uncommon for fat people to have FFMI above 25, a level that is considered very rare for non steroid users.

Went to San Diego, CA and got a tan. Feels good since it taned over stretch marks.

What's the point of lifting while losing weight? I thought you can't build muscle mass while on a large deficit? I was planning to start lifting once I lost more weight. Is there any advantage to lifting now?

>Genetics, environment and training play a crucial role in how muscular an individual can become. In my experience, a FFMI of 22-25 is attainable for many men with reasonable levels of bodyfat after several years of weight training. Keep in mind that the work by Kouri et al., which determined the upper level FFMI (25) for men did not include subjects with body fat greater than 20%. Those with increased body fatness (>20%) may be able to exceed a FFMI of 25 through mechanisms such as increased organ size, visceral fat, intramuscular fat (Kouri et al. used calipers which do not directly account for visceral or intramuscular fat), or even increased musculature.
exercisetoolkit.com/tag/fat-free-mass-index/

The body composition of 36 professional Sumo wrestlers and 39 collegiate male students were assessed densitometrically. The means of body weight, BMI and %fat for Sumo wrestlers were 117.1 kg, 36.5 and 26.2%, extraordinarily large compared with untrained men (p < 0.001).
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10195655

Height, weight, %bf?

There's plenty of calculators around.

1lb=3500Calories
50lb = 175000 calories

175000/700 = 250 days

Did you even take basic grade school math? you fat dumb american

Woah man, I thought you died.

You're gonna be so fucking cute.

Died?

Any plans for the skin?

B-back that ass up

where did you find one of those body comp analyzers? i wanna try one out.

You lost 70 pounds in 4 days?

Have one at work that I can use for free but a lot of gyms have one as well

how much would they cost to use if not for free?

No clue, but I doubt it's much. My guess is 5 - 10 bucks at max.

How long between the two?

roughly two and a half years

Damn, guess I have some years left before buff mode

>What's the point of lifting while losing weight?
Dude what? You should have started lifting day one.
You put on muscle because you're already fat. In fact you would have had tons of it with all that fat, and when you cut, it looks much better. Start lifting ASAP.

all that matters is getting there my brotha

wow, from edgy fatty to a mexican biker, nice

>/
routine?

you are an idiot and telling her she looks great now is a demotivator. Just tell her to keep it up.

5'9" 265 to 163 lbs

Nice face

I think you looked better at a bit higher bf, you look like you could pull off bearmode. Good progress regardless. maybe try to hit your chest a bit more.

I don't know... This sounds a little bro-sciency. Anyone else have input?

1st pic is May, 2014 (143lbs / 65kg)

2nd pic is Jan, 2015 (163lbs / 74kg)

around 2 months later I stopped working out cause other things got in the way,
but around 1.5-2 months ago I started lifting again.
Went from

bf% stats pls.
bf% pls

Face to die for. Instant win. Good job on the progress. Nothing pisses me off more when potential hot girls getting fat as fuck and I can't get a hard on when I see them. You're going to be a fine chica. Keep going girl!

SL 5x5 for 3 months, progress as of yesterday

DL: 135 -> 260 lbs
Squat: 75 -> 240 lbs
BP: 45 -> 135 lbs
OHP: 45 -> 100 lbs
Pendlay Row: 45 -> 135 lbs

Your a-symmetrical nips look like they became more symmetrical as you progressed, nice!

Stronglifts for 6 months.

Fuck your frame is aesthetic. I'm bigger but I bet I'll need another 10 lbs of muscle to have your proportions.

States Mate Month/Day/Year

nice! what did you start/end at with lifts?

Never noticed that before, but you're right - praise be gains
Thx brah. Problem is my shoulders are fairly narrow, it's just that my hips are super narrow too. So the proportions save me, but only until some actally wide dude stands next to me.

How short are you to still be over 25% bf at 160lbs?

5'7, sedentary life = no mass under the bf

I've never been impressed by a physique on fit but, them gains. Any other pics?

8 months since I started losing weight dropped 35lbs in total from 200lbs, now I started weightlifting 3 months ago and I've been trying to bulk up to my old weight again but with muscle not fat this time.

Thanks. Got pretty lucky with frame & insertions. All of these are great lighting and filtered so keep that in mind. I'm sure I look smaller in person.

Gonna have to update this since I tried my hand at bulking up to ~225.

I look somewhat like you but fatter. My beard isn't all that thick , was curious with weight loss and skin getting a bit tighter , does the beard look fuller.

Great progress user! I wish you'd have more angles though, hard to assess much from the side-shot.