What inspired you to get in shape? How long did it take you to achieve that goal?

What inspired you to get in shape? How long did it take you to achieve that goal?

Wanted to become an Army officer.
ROTC whipped me into shape real good.
Now i'm an Army officer.
Took about 2 years to get really fit.

2 things.
Hot female friend of mine talking about her bfs abs, and her body language while talking about it, made me wish I had a girl feel that way about me.
Secondly, saw a picture of me from a particularly bad angle and realised how disgusting I looked.

I was on /int/ and /b/ and stuff so I found Veeky Forums naturally. Read the sticky, realised I was lying to myself about being naturally chubby, started eating a calorie controlled diet, motivated by knowing I literally could not fail if I stick to it.
Lost 50lbs and started lifting. 5 years later and I look better than the vast majority of guys I encounter and am much more socially dominant without even trying.

Hahahaha
I commissioned with ROTC back in 08. Now I fucking hate seeing cadets walking around town in their pickle suits with ROTC badge, even though I did the same shit and thought it was bad ass to wear a uniform.

i just hit 20%bf and can't look into the mirror anymore. that is my motivation.

Couldn't wear some pants I bought.
Then I realised I'd gotten fat.
Been liftan and cutting for a month now, progress looks good so far.
I'm down 7kg and didn't lose any muscle mass.

Did you eat absolutely nothing that month? Else I don't believe you.

Family has a history of health problems that stem from lack of fitness. Figure I'd nip it in the bud before it got out of hand. By normie standards, I'm very very healthy, but I've still a road to pave before I make it.

Shit feels because of my ex

Went into cocoon mode for a month then broke my neck in a car accident in may

Spent my summer in hospital

Slowly going back to the gym lifting faggot weights cause neck is not ready

Still DYEL

Originally I got tired of being obese, but wanted to keep eating like a pig, so I started lifting.

A lot changed since then, and now my main motivation is failure, goals are just pretty names for limits. So my "goal" is just getting better than I was yesterday.

Are you talking to me?
If so, lrn2quote.
I'm lifting 3 days a week with an hour of cardio on those three days.
My TDEE is 3700cal and I'm eating 2000cal.
Simple physics, really.

okay, 3700kcal seems extremely high to me.

Well, I am 200cm and 118kg.

Being a fat girl growing up (ESPECIALLY one with no tits) was endless suffering. So now I'm down to thick pear with a healthy BMI.

Tempted to try modeling once I'm lower because 5'10" and have the hips for it (pear shaped and most models don't have tits anyway) but they're underweight by 15-20 lbs usually and I don't know if I'd want to be ultra sickly looking and feeling. Being paid to just walk in heels down a runway is really tempting though.

I'm not actually considering it seriously since it's a crap shoot, but the thought that it's possible because I have the necessary height does kinda contribute to my motivation. I have a girl friend that is insanely jealous of me because she loves fashion but is 5'4" so has no future in the industry besides tiny little fashion blogger.

I also want to get better for my boyfriend because I don't want to fall into the meme of girls getting fat after they snag a guy.

why

You sound a lot like my ex...

She literally was my motivation to lift. I learned basically everything because of her and because I wanted to give her something she could be proud of. I made the mistake of equating the level of her love with my physical appearance. So I developed quite the insecurity that allowed me to continuously go to the gym

But she left me before she could see my potential. When she left I realized that I looked lIke shit before I started lifting and promised myself I'd always try to improve myself. But deep down it was also to show her Im worth more than she ever gave me credit for...

Was she a girl worth lifting for

I'm sorry buddy. I'm not her (never had a gym buddy bf until current one) but I can understand.

You continuing to lift and improve yourself after she left is proof enough that you can stand up on your own two feet without her. A lesser man would've given up and gotten fat again, turning to alcohol and food to fill the void. Instead you went after gains. I may be just some user, but I'm proud of how you handled it. And soon you'll have another qt gf. You'll never really forget your ex but you will move on.

wrestling
3 years.
8 years lifting now.. all my friends are fat and i have a body of a d2 freshman linebacker

>What inspired you to get in shape?

look at the mirror

>someone hits on qt gf infront of me
never again

Got cheated on. Felt like a useless piece of shit for a while. Started lifting and felt along and I stuck with it