Whats going on Veeky Forums family

Whats going on Veeky Forums family.

Last Spring I joined my University's Rugby team just for shits and giggles. I've played contact sports my whole life (football 9 years, wrestling 5 years, and jujitsu for 2 years) so I thought I would at least make the team. Sure enough, I made the team and ended up starting, but my tenacity and speed have helped me more than anything else, and I'd like to become stronger and put on as much efficient muscle mass as I can in order to become a great Rugby player for this upcoming season.

So Veeky Forums, how to I achieve the ideal Rugby physique?

What workouts/workout regiment should I adopt in order to maximize both power and stamina so I can become a great outside back?

What diet would be ideal?

Pic related is Tom May, an absolute stud.

Self-bumping with some more rugby physical specimens.

n-no homo

Litterally SS or Texas Method

It was designed at least 50% for beginners and 50% for college athletes that played football or rugby.

Any ex-rugby players on fit?

All input is appreciated, but I would really love some advice that comes from personal experience.

Will this make me too slow? I don't want to sacrifice speed for strength.

Eat big train hard it's not fucking hard to figure out bro I mean what more do you want

Figure out your fucking tdee add 500 calories to it and make sure you're getting at least 2 grams of protein per kg of body weight

Which is exactly why the power clean is a staple of both programs at least once per week. To maintain power and explosivity while strength is increasing.

Don't do it if you're not getting paid for it. Cauliflower ears and bent noses make you repulsively ugly.

They gave me a small scholarship this year.

Good looks fampi, I just Googled it and will implement the workout routine starting tomorrow morning.

Yea no shit Sherlock, I'm not looking for basics, I'm looking for detailed insight on how get the best of both worlds.

I ideally want the stamina of soccer player but not be a little bitch and I want the strength of a football player but not have all the extra weight that will just slow me down.

strength focused training won't make you slower
higher reps do that

Yeah whatever mate if you knew the basics you wouldn't need to ask this question. Half of this stuff is already in the sticky.

And if you want good cardio you have to train cardio gee maybe run on your off days or 8 hours after your weight training

Also wouldn't your school/coach have resources available to you maybe I dunno ask him it's his fucking job?

>on a team
>doesn't ask his coach or fellow teammates
something is off.................

Yea he did, but it's all basic bullshit that your local high school football team does. It won't make you excel, and all the veterans on the team say he's full of shit and couldn't give a fuck about the out of practice lifting/fitness portion of the sport.

I'm just trying to get some input from the Veeky Forums community, no need to get your knickers all in a bunch.

Like I said to , Coach is a dolt when it comes to out-of-practice preparation. The guys on my team have been a helpful, but they don't practice what they preach. All they wanna do is drink lagers and fuck sluts and they aren't really in the greatest of shape.

>user, here is the workout plan for this off season
>Oh no thanks, I already asked a bunch of repressed homosexuals on an online congolese pottery symposium for advice so I'm just going to do it their way

I do pic related (my own edit, take it for what it's worth) but you should really ask your coach

Hey brother, it all depends on your current stats. Are you strong but slow? Focus on stamina (I would suggest rowing). Are you fast but skinny? Built strength (in that case SS, SL, or Greyskull). If you're already strong and fast, just keep doing what you're doing.

Diet wise I can only give you what my diet was when I was in my varsity rowing team. Little more cardio focused diet than would be ideal for rugby, so add a little more fat and protein and you'll be good.

Breakfast: 12 pancakes (self made with oats, eggs, milk, raisins) & fruitshake (banana, orange juice and strawberries)

Snack: Protein shake

Lunch: 6 sandwiches with chicken and cucumber

Pre training snack: Banana

Dinner, immediately after training: 2 plates of pasta with vegetables and meat or rice and chicken. Finish your meal of with a bowl of Greek yoghurt with honey and walnuts.

Total calories, carbs, protein etc? Fuck if I know. This just kept me at the same weight (lightweight rower) while still being able to train like an animal for 2 hours a day.

Good shit, user.

I'm 5'11 180 pounds with a solid, hard build, so this diet is fantastic, really appreciate it.

Thanks for the workout program, user. Thanks for letting me steal it from you, now I just have to decide which one I'm going to use; your's, or

>4x8@87%
>5x5@97%
>5x3@97%

wtf am I reading?
this is not going to work unless you use some really deflated maxes

Played D1 as a Prop in the States. I competed in strongman and walked on when I transfered Schools. What are you maxes on Bench, Squat, Power Clean, and Overhead Press?

Is it true there's a lot of rivalry between players of different teams in rugby?

It's probably percentages of 5RM, which is roughly 90% of 1RM

yeah so much do that when they see each other, each team wear unique clothes to distinguish themselves and try to take the ball from the other team and put it down at the other teams side of the field

Kek