Why does it seem like everyone on Veeky Forums has these stupid bulk and cut "seasons"...

Why does it seem like everyone on Veeky Forums has these stupid bulk and cut "seasons"? Why don't people just do one extra large bulk and cut instead of doing it once a year? Just seems like wasted time to me idk

bulking and cutting in general is stupid you will gain muscle if you eat maintenance or slightly above it and you will still look and feel good

>gain muscle while eating at maintenance
False
>gain muscle while eating slightly about maintenance
If it's like 2-300 cals yeah

This

Bulks are for lazy fatasses that want an excuse to eat crappy food

I don't get why people bulk or cut at all. It's just really difficult and doesn't do anything faster than just eating at slightly less or more depending on what you want to do.
>bulk for 3 months just so you can cut for 3 months, all that muscle you gained was mostly wasted away during the cut
>or just fucking eat slightly more than normal for 6 months, make good gains, no stretch marks, no dealing with needing to to stuff your face or starve, and you cans simply eat like this forever to continually gain muscle without needing to dumb bullshit every couple of months

Because your goals change and you make mistakes

>bulking and cutting in general is stupid you will gain muscle if you eat maintenance or slightly above it and you will still look and feel good
Eating above maintenance is bulking you twat.

> cut for 3 months, all that muscle you gained was mostly wasted away during the cut
Bullshit. Total bullshit.
>no stretch marks
3 month bulk can't give you stretch marks user.

to look good for summer?

>Bulk during winter when you're wearing a lot of clothes
>Cut right before summer so you look good
>During the bulk you put on extra muscle which will make your cut look way better

Why are you so retarded OP?

Yeah but implying you just finished your cut and look good, why on earth wouldn't you want to continue looking good?

I swear to god bulk/cut is definately a Veeky Forums meme.

>huurrrr durrrr can't gain muscles without fat lol!!!

Gtfo you dipshits. You motherfuckers barely eat any vegetables or do any cardio

>why on earth wouldn't you want to continue looking good?
It's a local maxima user.

>why on earth wouldn't you want to continue looking good?
Because you can still look good even when bulking, just not as good. Plus generally bulking is during winter when you're wearing big clothes and literally no one can tell the difference.
Bulking puts on way more muscle than just eating at maint. Which in turn makes for better looks when cutting, and ultimately a better body during summer.
>You motherfuckers barely eat any vegetables or do any cardio
This has literally nothing to do with gaining muscle dipshit.

...and then you repeat and do the same for the next year?

that's what the retarded part is

can you read

Why would you not dumbass? There is more muscle to gain. One long bulk would be retarded.

If you want to continue getting big but also look good, bulking and then cutting for summer is the way to go. Why is this such an issue for you? It's the best way to gain muscle AND look good, maximizing your time. Summer is only once a year, winter is only once a year. You want to look good for summer and have a beach body, but you don't need it during winter.

Why would I want to look permabulk for multiple summers in a row? I value my time and my youth. You're probably dyel as fuck. Please end yourself.

>One long bulk would be retarded.
As someone who just did a 2 year bulk and now a 9 month cut. You simply can't solve every problem in one big bulk/cut. I've identified weaknesses and balance issues such as forearm size and rear delt balance which will take another period of adding muscle to resolve.

Your goals may also change (and they do). OP is assuming everyone has the same goal as him, a lot of people want to just get strong as fuck and couldn't care if they have some fat at the beach.

>You simply can't solve every problem in one big bulk/cut.
Yeah this is a big factor. You can't see what you truly need to work on with a long bulk. When you cut the weak areas really stand out.

Bulking is ruining my face aesthetics (i naturally have more fat on my face, it looked normal when my body was skelly)

Exactly what I've found. I now have quite a good share of mass and by using the Grecian ideals calculator I really only have to add size to my forearms (+2") and bring up my back width by 1" to hit that Greek statue mode.

I think a lot of the people in this thread against bulking/cutting either don't lift or are the kind of retards who skipped beginner routines to jump right into a pro BB routine whilst doing lean gains (and they wonder why they are small).

Op here. Im not assuming anything, which is why i posed the question in the first place. The explanation of re examining an tweaking after cutting is a good one. Im not sure why this thread became so hostile

Are you training in "big clothes" at the gym? You go to clubs in big clothes?
You wear big clothes at house parties?
You fuck bitches while wearing big clothes nigga?

>Im not sure why this thread became so hostile
People always feverishly defend their favoured position to the extreme.

You say you didn't assume anything but labelled bulk/cut as stupid in your OP, that kind of language brings out the trolls. Ask a serious question, get a serious answer. It's how this website has always worked.

>To actually answer your question.
Big bulks/cuts tie perfectly into seasons for a massive % of the world. I lived in London for 3 years and October to March was always in a big jacket, who would care if I put on a bit of waist fat in that time? Nobody would see and in the mean time I'm putting on as much muscle as possible.

Big bulks/cuts objectively work. If you lift big, eat big and then cut. You will on a large scale gain muscle without fat, it works, it's the silver bullet. How many people here fuck around trying to tweak their routine, or find a perfect macro ratio and protein powder and eating window etc etc for minute benefit. Then when they don't get the short term results mix it up again. If you never set and achieve a goal you never progress.

>Implying I care about looking good at the gym when I lift more than most people there
>Implying I go clubbing
I'm not a degenerate. Plus when I bulk I don't look bad, just my muscles aren't as defined. I look fine naked and with normal ass clothes on.

bulking/cutting is a bodybuilder thing specifically made for people who cycle heavily and compete.
the fitness community saw this and assumed it was for everyone. there's no point doing a bulk and cut unless you're planning on competing.
just eat in a slight surplus 80% clean and you'll look good year round

>bulking/cutting is a bodybuilder thing specifically made for people who cycle heavily and compete.
I disagree with 'cycle heavily', you can add mass without drugs perfectly fine. I also don't agree that the origin of the bulk/cut cycle invalidates it as something valid for the every day person. It's very common for lessons learned in competitive environments to be applied to regular environments, you wouldn't be complaining about fuel optimisation in cars because it's born from formula one racing.

>just eat in a slight surplus 80% clean and you'll look good year round
Counter to this is simply that by eating only at a slight surplus you are not going to be putting on the maximum amount of muscle. Considering a lot of new lifters need to add AT LEAST 30lb of muscle to get close to their goals (basing this on goal body threads) it seems foolish to take a technique that does this slowly.

motherfuckers that is bulking. just because you're not stuffing your face full of fast food and PIZZA doesn't mean you're not bulking.

>anything above maintenance eating increases your size

also known as bulking

>eating under maintenance decreases your size

also known as cutting

it doesn't matter if you're being moderate about gaining size, it's still called bulking. also bulking/gaining size doesn't mean you aim to become a fat ass over the winter

Yeah I find this funny too.

>Bulking is stupid, you should eat at a surplus!

>ITT: Implying that "eating slightly above maintenance" is somehow different from "bulking"

>natty
>bulk+cut
Just show you how many stupid fucks who has no clue on Veeky Forums

(you)

Oh look here's one

Because I'm a skinny fuck and I need to bulk for eternity

literally
>DONT BULK, JUST BULK

>I can't read

literally this

well no, OP's saying that instead of having multiple bulk/cut cycles, you should just have one big bulk and cut, which is still kinda dumb lol

Best piece of advice I ever received - bulking diet after exercise, IF on off days

pretty much this

what a bunch of fucking idiots