/SIG/ - Self Improvement General

ITT: Discuss things besides lifting/cardio/diet that you are improving on each day.

I'll start
>just got Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations, reading it right now to get into Economic Theory
>besides my Comp Sci classes I am learning a bit of App Development on the side
>starting making small talk with people in class, at stores, at work, etc

What about you Veeky Forums?

Thanks OP . One of the only one thread useful in the catalog.
For me I am still learning programming language by myself and improving my english.
I am working out my basketball skills too every other morning.

Bump, I need this to be the /FMG/ of Veeky Forums

/FMG/?

/Fuck Mummy's Glutes/

/Free Men's Gropings/

Listening to "As a man thinketh" (easily found on YouTube), working towards a 4.0 this semester

/Forever Mirin Greeks/

Learning how to play guitar

My fingers hurt so much

How do I get rid of anxiety?
I'm a nervous wreck ever since starting my shitty retail job

Reading some psychology book to fix my autism

Eating + training + sleeping properly? Is your role at work well defined?

Daily reminder that small improvements in your hygiene can always be done and they usually increase your looks.

/Favourite Movement: Glute-and-back-stretch/

pic related

i jack it

self-improving myself over the las year
>lost almost 30 kg. and got midly fit, still fat tho
>using short sleeved shirts (never liked to show my arms)
>got a decent job forcing myself to small talk
>bought a kindle to read again
>actually talking to qts
this board changes lives
thanks anons
shit I even stoped watching the anime

Stop coffee coke tea .

I'll just post what I've been doing to improve. Choose what you will, friends.

>1-2 gallons of water a day
>Stretching, morning and night
>Hot/cold showers with 4-7-8 breathing technique= strong body and mind, high pain tolerance
>Read a book every 1-2 weeks, while walking and in nature preferably
>Learning carpentry and woodworking, hobbies in general to keep busy and sharp
>Using light caffeine pills+pipe tobacco=Great appetite suppressant
>Posing and flexing in mirror to increase muscle connectivity, raise self confidence

That's about it. Also this guide will help to raise testosterone and lower estrogen. To break down the basics and keep it simple, big helpers are avoiding shampoo and most hygienic products except some natural stuff that can be ordered, be careful about eating or drinking from plastic, lifting/HIIT, veggies/lean meats, Zinc/Magnesium supplements, healthy ratio of fats and cholesterol (don't fear them).

You're gonna make it brah, keep it up

>Great appetite suppressant

If you're eating correctly (6 meals a day spaced 2-3 hours apart) you'd never ever feel hungry, you moron.

>caffeine pills and tobacco
>fit
pick one

Post body

Guarantee you look like shit for all your autism routine

You go through this much of autistic rules and then you don't even supplement a multi vitamin complex / omega 3 / vitamin d / coq10.

>following bodybuilding meal scheduling myths older than the dinosaurs

Anyone else happy that they're FA?
I used to be a normie with lots of friends. They would bug you to go out 5x a week. The only people I talk to now are my family and cashiers etc. I spend the rest of the day programming, studying, reading, lifting, eating, walking or relaxing. It's been like this for more than a year and I love it

You're probably just super introverted homie

Wealth of nations sucks

Somebody please post patrick bateman routine

>Read a lot this summer
>Lost my virginity at age 27, lol, wasn't even awkward because she was hot and life feels very little different desu
>Starting greyskull LP
>Learning the Bach chaconne 1004 on guitar (5 year perspective)
>Been losing my shame and just going for things recently
>Considering stopping drinking alcohol or atleast drink severely less

>Taken up BJJ and kickboxing because i cant stand traditional cardio
>Hanging and connecting with my friends more
>trying to be more social and less cynical
>still struggling to give a fuck about uni though, i cant stop hating it

Anyone know any good martial arts books or documentaries? Any martial art is fine

>Wealth of Nations

Complete waste of time. It's a typical assburger approach to pseudo intellectualism. Most economists haven't even fully read that book because it's outdated and dull. Good luck finishing it.

But I'll help you get into economic theory.

First:

Development of Economic Analysis by Ingrid Rima

This book will teach you all the essentials going back as far as Roman stoicism (yes it relates to economics) all the way up to neoclassical and new Keynesian controversies today.

It contains all of the essential passages from Wealth of Nations that formed modern economic theory.

If you want to join the contemporary debate, start reading up on dudes like Stiglitz, Mankiw, Fischer. Friedman etc.

Today's debate centers around Neoclassical, New Keynesian, and Monetarist Theory, mostly centered around interest rates and fiscal policy. Smith is only relevant on the most basic level.

Also if you want to be meme-economics read Capital in the 21st Century by Thomas Picketty, it will make you look smart. Keep it on your Coffee Table