Cooking Chicken Breast

Hey, I know that eating foods like chicken breasts is good for making it, but I want to know how you guys prepare chicken breasts to best minimize added calories and maximize flavor.
Also, what are some side dishes that I can eat with it that are healthy?

just eat it boiled

>minimizing calories

Why the fuck would you want to do that?

marinate that shite overnight with sour orange, garlic, some salt then cook it with olive oil and its top notch boi

I chop it up into small pieces, fry it with no oil and let the natural jusdt come out from squeezing it and bashing it about with tongs, then apply salt and pepper (no calories), then apply soy sauce (10 cals max). Throw it all around, tastes dope and theres basically no added calories. Been having this every night for dinner with broccoli and beans fried the same way. I'm cutting atm

Throw some veggies in with it. I like jalapenos with mine.
Jalapenos, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and normal pepper.. All I need. Obviously add whatever toppings you like veggie wise/season wise. Bake it usually on foil very very lightly wrapped (don't cover it) and put some virgin olive oil, just a tsp or more for each breast.

Cutting right now

>Purposely drying out your chicken and adding fuckhueg grams of salt to make it edible

Holy shit Veeky Forums is worse at cooking than Veeky Forums.

Little oil and veggies isn't going to kill your cut.

How do you fry something w/ no oil? Do you use Pam?

True. What oil do you recommend using?

coated in oil, salt, black pepper, and the most important ingredient, lemon juice. A lot of lemon juice. Cook with butter.

i washed the chicken before i fry it but dry off almost all the water so there may be a tiny bit, but honestly just let the chicken stick to the pan at first and then as it keeps cooking it should sweat and be able to be moved around the pan and shit. itll fuck your pan up but u gottsa make these choices when u wanna make it breh

Extra-virgin olive oil.
Just a little bit for each breast. Not like it soaks up ALL the damn oil.

Or you could marinate it.

Nigger, just use a little bit of pam and it prevents ruining your shit. Don't even need to count the minimal calories in it.

not him but i use a little bit of oil just to have it start and then let the natural oils and juices cook it.

Very simple man. Literally all you have to do is baste it with some Olive Oil on both sides (or you can just put the oil in the pan) and put salt and pepper on it. That's all. Cook in pan for 3 minutes each side

drizzling of olive oil + seasoning of your choice and bake it in oven @ 400 for 35 minutes. sometimes i use just salsa, enough to cover the breast, and wrap each breast in aluminum foil. comes out very juicy and tender.

latest thing ive done is patak's hot curry paste. i follow the recipe on the back of the jar. more or less fry some onions in a skillet until they're lightly brown. throw in some cubed chicken breast. fry until it's no longer pink. dump in some curry paste and a can of diced tomatoes. allow it to simmer for 45 minutes while constantly stirring and adding water, as needed, to give the right consistently to the curry. serve it over rice.

Is that for one chicken breast, or a whole bunch? Because I only cook for myself, so do I cook it for a shorter time, or the full 35 minutes?

that's for 4 breasts at a time, about 2 pounds of raw chicken.

i really have no idea how long you would do for a smaller amount of chicken. im too new at cooking to give you a real answer. my guess is that you need the full 35 minutes. i mean you could always try it with 1 breast and if it comes out dry and shitty, you put it in for too long. if the meat is white (not pink) and the juices are clear, it's done.

>Three minutes

rip in piece user

Take frozen chicken breasts and put them in a pan. Preheat your oven to 350. Put them in for 20 minutes. Take them out and flip them over. Add spices you want (oregano and basil for Italian flavors. Tex Mex. Thyme. Experiment with what you like). Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the thickest chicken is white through.

Actual answer. You have no idea how dope marinating is until you do it and it adds zero calories if you were already cooking it in oil.

If you're hard cutting just marinate with garlic and rosemary or something and slowcook it to seal in them there juices.

Shredded chicken is also good for a change. Good for burrito bowls.

Cu/ck/ here.

>Cast iron skillet heated over high heat
>spray pam for zero cals or vegetable/canola oil just enough to coat pan
>sear chicken on one side until golden brown
>Flip chicken breast and finish in a 400° oven ~20 minutes
>remove chicken when thermometer reads ~150° at the thickest point
>rest for around 7-10 minutes and eat

Use Mrs. Dash for easy seasoning. Chicken stores well and remains juicy when reheated. Consider using excess juices and a dash of white wine reduced to make an easy sauce.

Also, learn to cook you faggot.

throw some olive oil in the pan. Grab my chicken breast and season with with seasalt, black pepper, white pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika powder. Little bit of italians herbs mixture on there as well. Season it well. Rub it all in the chicken. The you finish with the italian herb mixture. Let the pan heat up with the oil and fruit half an onion or so. Let that cook for a min or 2 to make it nice and crispy. You can tell its done when you start smelling it. Now it's time to fry the chicken. First fry it on high fire for a little while. Both sides. Flip it over. Then after both sides look nicely crispy from the outside, you start cooking it on low fire. Once again do flip it over and repeat lowfrying. Also you could marinate the chicken prehand to give it extra flavour. Especially since the insides wont taste dull if you do so. You can marinate in about any fluid. I enjoy soy sauce and homemade teriyaki sauce. But some people prefer lemon juice or anything else.

I buy frozen bags of boneless chicken breast, throw it on a pan and bake it for the recommended time on the bag. I add no seasoning because I hate my life and don't care anymore.

I do what this guy does but I care slightly more about my life.

Some salt and pepper goes a long way. If im feeling extra retarded that day I might slap some salsa from costco (shit is like 10 cals a tablespoon) and some greek yogurt on that bitch.

Am I the only person who prefers grilling their chicken until it's dried and charred? I feel like the consistency and taste stacks up well with whatever carbs you're eating it with.