What sort of gym does Veeky Forums go to?

What sort of gym does Veeky Forums go to?

Do you go to a health club/commercial type gym or a hardcore old school type one?

>a health club/commercial type gym

This, mostly because I live 5 mins away from it

Home gym so I can autism in peace.

Hardcore iron plates. Big shop in the industrial area

I go to a commercial one but it's run by one guy and it's not a franchise so it's got a really nice atmosphere to it, not too intimidating and got plenty of resistance machines but also great lighting and plenty of nice mirrors to check yourself out in.

Home but going to sell it off and start going to a proper gym soon. Not sure which. There are only commercial type fitness centers nearby, but in town (20-25 min away) there is this one proper hardcore bodybuilding gym. Guess it would be cool to go there but I'm a bit intimidated as I'm still pretty DYEL. I would love something that's somewhere in between, like the gym in delray misfits.

Why would you sell off your homegym and join the normies. Especially for a 20 minute drive..

Not him but

>Better equipment
>Better atmosphere

>gym atmosphere

If you go to a commercial shit gym it's just gonna be full of normies/high schoolers

Go to the hardcore one. No one will mess with you unless you mess with them, you'll be in the perfect environment to fuel progress.

I miss the gym I used to go to that had pl and bb guys that constantly talked about goals, numbers, the comps they went to.

One time this huge fucking powerlifter went and got a thick bar for me to use on fucking rack pulls of all exercises. He told me "most of us only deadlift once a week,some even less. Do these, build your chain and strength, then lift from the floor when you want to hit numbers."

Changed my gym life. I used to dl just over 3 plate but after adding in rack pulls and lowering overall dl volume I pulled over 4pl8 on rack and 385 from floor in a few months. That guy was cool as hell along with nearly everyone else in that gym. I was dyel and they all wanted me to improve and actually spoke to each other like human beings and friends.

Now I go to a commercial because I moved and it's not even close to the same. Everyone stands around talking about non gym stuff (which is fine but...) and never even touch weights except for five minutes before they leave. It's more of a social club. Plus, one of the personal trainers (a 50yr old woman who is a complete asshole) got mad at me for doing rack pulls because the pins made noise. Not even loud just about the same noise as racking weight.

Fucking hate this shit.

Starting to grow out of my shitty home equipment, already maxing out my plates on RDL and squats. Bar only holds 120kg max too so can't just buy heavier plates. It's either invest at least about $500 or sell and go to real gym. And freeing up some space here would be great too. Can't workout naked or pick music or never have to wait but there's a lot better equipment.

Yeah I should go there for a week or two and see how I like it I guess. Hopefully they're not too elitist.

the y

The gym I go to looks a lot like OP pic

I go to a health club type one because it's the only one that is reachable within 30 minutes and has Dumbbells up to 50kg.
It's a posh Swiss one.
Cons:
>One bench press, one incline bench press, one fucking rack
Pros:
>health club, so nobody uses all that shit
>fucking amazing nautilus, hammer strength, etc. machines (which I barely use)

What's the monthly membership for the gym you're looking at? I bet you could justify putting 500 into your home gym set up just by looking at yearly gym fee alone.

Maybe MORE equipment, but not necessarily better. The shit I have at home, although it's not much, is much higher quality than at the gym I was working out at.

$300/year. $300 wouldn't even get me a proper barbell if I were to build a good home gym. Also I live in a 1-room apartment so I don't have much space for it.

commercial cause it costs $20/month and is walking distance from my house
nearest old school gym like pic related is an hour away and costs $70/month
for those extra $50 all I get is very niche equipment that I probably wont use anyway

Mine belongs to a big sports club. It's comfy and cheap becaus you pay a hilariously low membershipf for the club and a little extra fee for gym usage or specific sports.

Commercial type which is expensive as fuck, and I often consider why the fuck I go there wasting all that money. Honestly though, I'd rather spend that bit more money to have a quieter gym with nice facilities.

My dream is to empty out my garage of all the crap that's accumulated there for years, and just have a simple set up where I can bench/squat/ohp and gradually add some accessories to it. But I don't have the kind of money to just drop on a real quality rack.

>sell crap in garage
>look for good bargain on used but not too used setups
>???
>profit

What do you pay yearly for a membership and how many more years do you plan on lifting? These questions are what led me to put together a home set up. All told I'll have spent 1200 for a squat rack, bench, bar, and 500lbs in weight which is at least $300 cheaper than what I'd pay for at the gym. Worth it imo because there is a lot at the gym I don't use but end up paying for anyway.

>Decent iron gym here: USD 50/month
>Home gym with decent barbells, rack and plates, USD 1500
>pays for itself in 30 months

The math is easy.

If you only have 120kg do more reps or a harder version of an exercise

I'm legit jelly, there are no hardcore old-school gyms in my area.

>tfw no hardcore gym to go to because I live in old people central.

At least I get nice mires by the grandmas r-right guy?

Commercial
It's a smaller southern California chain, I'm paying 18 a month (though you can get it to 10 with contract on occasion)
Only other options are more expensive commercial gyms or one of three fucking crossfit studios within a 7 mile town

A big, old, filthy bodybuilding gym. Pic related.

It's kind of annoying sometimes. Nobody reracks their shit, the equipment is all rusty, and there are only a few hot grills who work out there. But most of the people are cool and it's only $230/year and like a 5 min walk from my house.

24/7 fitness gym in a small town in Swedenistan.
The equipment isn't great but sufficient for my current goals. I go to the gym before work which means usually there are only a handful of people so I don't have to wait around for the equipment I want to use.