Paintings of epic cities/architecture

Anything that just looks grand on an epic scale. pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

popularmechanics.com/technology/a18877/architects-want-to-rebuild-colossus-of-rhodes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What city is that?

moses, pyramids in the background.....something in egypt

I think it depicts the Exodus, so probably Thebes or Memphis

Was there anything in the Ancient World that vaguely resembled this on such an epic scale? Outside of the Romans of course.

dont be too quick to underestimate bronze age architecture

Pergamon looked pretty cool. I would imagine any major city looked grand....Babylon and the gardens for instance

Those are some crowded bridges

WE WUZ GONDOLIERS

that's the first thing I noticed too for some reason

Is this a JRPG?

why does he have something stuffed in his codpiece and what do all those notes say?

carpaccio is seriously underrated and is never talked about when discussing Venetian artists, he's definitely my favorite

This painting is still a mystery, nobody knows who it's depicting but some estimate that it's a non soldier dressed up to look like one based on his hairstyle

Mari, Syria

Colossus of Rhodes, which is getting rebuilt within this decade. Plans have begun to rebuild it since December 2015. It will be five times bigger than the original.

Roman Temple

whoops, here's the image

Roman Parade

Mausoleum of Augustus, Rome

Greece is literally shit poor right now. Don't take their fantasies seriously

popularmechanics.com/technology/a18877/architects-want-to-rebuild-colossus-of-rhodes/

I'll start a thread on it right now. It deserves it's own discussion desu

seems a bit of a waste and not very exciting to just shoot it with an arrow

Éxodys so Ramses II’s city

Thank you

inb4 nazi fag

>the only way people can understand history is through comparisons to a fantasy TV shows

ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN OMFG THIS DELUSIONAL MEME ITS OVERDUE ALREADY THERE WAS NO PROGRESS JUST A MEME IDEA
t. Gr*ek

Greece has more military aircraft and tanks that the UK, don't underestimate their ability to spend money on crazy shit

how does that little man expect to get down from that column?

>arched ceilings
>ancient greece

Where dis

Lmao so what we only have that as protection against the turds. The situation is shit here and tanks wont finance underrepresented overdue projects

Pristina, Kosovo
Curtesy of the liberator and peacekeeper of ancient European civilizations, Bill Clinton.

Nineveh.

the scaling on this picture is really fucked up dude
and no, no civilizations had this much planned development.

It's supposed to be fucked up, it's not real