ASX thread

ASX thread

Discuss this week's activity, related australian finance stuff and what you're doing

Not now.

gxy still going hard

Australia is not worth investing in. Shorting the Aus dollar is a good trade

This. ASX is a very weak market coupled with outrages capital gains taxes. Not worth it goys.

Lithium in general is yeah, other ones shilled around a year ago like PLS too.

We have the highest dividend yield in the world, depends what you're after

Currently looking at buying oil if it dips again below $50, $60 a barrel by end of year looks viable

This.
Also nuheara.
>buy at 5-6c cents
>sell at 9-10 cents
Have done this 3 times, will be 4 by the years end.
Easy fucking money

Who leverage trading commodities here.

Also I can't believe I believed the people here and invested in rmx, it's been like 6 months and it's only looking worse

This is oz related: My parents want to give me 300k to buy a place. I've got about 50k in savings. What would you do? Good time to buy property? Apartment or House? I could get a flat somewhere near the CBD but I'd have to go into the sticks to get a non-strata house. I'm currently renting.

Rent and buy btc you fool.

Stop renting and move back with your parents and pay THEM rent. Wait a couple years before the property market bubble pops.

I've been looking at NUH too.

While to be honest I don't have any faith in their product over the long term - (not that they have a bad wireless earbud, theirs is easily one of the best on the market but the entire wireless earbud/headphone market is still just way too early days and gimmicky) I do think it could definitely be a great buy and hold.

Not only does it seem to have been sold down entirely by those who did the capital raise, but with Christmas coming up and the hype that wireless earbuds have it could be a good option over the medium term.

What leveraged commodities are you looking at over the next month or so?

Don't buy a property, I agree with the user that said to if you have to pay anyone rent to pay it to your parents - You'll get it all back through inheritance anyway and help your parents out rather than some (((landlord)))

moving back in with my parents is not an option. I'm too used to living by myself. Moving back in with my parents would be a huge reduction in my quality of life. So I guess it's between continuing to rent, buying a shitty house, or buying a slightly less shitty flat.

Is the oz property market really going to dump? Perhaps it'll just stagnate for a couple of years.

Honestly I've been leaving in a few k for the long term each 'cycle'.
The product is decent, their expansion is also solid throughout the US and now soon into Europe.
They will need to develope a couple more products in the future to stay ahead of the game. Say a cheaper version, and whatever they can think up for the next gen wearables.
Would be great if they were bought out by some bigger company tho

It definitely doesn't look good, have you considered maybe roomsharing?

I knew a guy who shared with some spergy asian international student who just played DOTA 2 4 days a week and went to Uni for the other 2 so it was like he had the place to himself - could work

we can only hope. its about time the boomers got JUST'd big time t b h

fuck i kinda miss these threads. did everyone end up just going into crypto or did alot of asxfags leave Veeky Forums?

I haven't been browsing any boards for a while, perhaps I'll make this a usual Friday morning thread each week where we can talk about what happened during the last week and as we look to the next trading week ahead and just /r/ausfinance stuff without the reddit

alrighty ill try and bump it when i get the chance to stop it from 404'ing. threads die on Veeky Forums really quickly now :(

you're that confident that the market is going to correct? I can imagine stuff out in the suburbs losing value, but if I get something near the CBD, I'll be safer in case the market dumps. Prices seem to have dropped a little this last year as well. Maybe I can hold it off for another year. I'm not paying that much in rent anyway.

bump

final bump

alright lads, what say you: should I dump my cash on A2M or KGN? Is it too late to board the train? feeling comfy right now on my TLS holding

Has anyone else been following AGY? What the fuck happened? There was a trading halt because no one knew why the price was going up

Forgot pic

Terrible time to buy in a capital city at least. $1m+ for a two bed knock down? Fuck that. Can't last.