>decent routine
>almost 30
>me

should i take gear?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4FFK5Oh10os
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>30

I'd say yes, especially since you've lifted for a few years.

Shit bro I'm 34 with several years of lifting under my belt and I can't believe this is your current state.

Take gear or death

> few years
> 30

you look like you did nothing at all.
Hell I look better than you when I do absolutely nothing.

>Decent routine

Tell us more. If that is a body after a few years, then you fucked up somewhere.

Lemme guess.

When you start bulking you think "oh I'm getting fatter I need to ease up".
Then you start to cut and think "oh I'm getting weaker and loosing muscle I need to ease up."

Rinse, repeat for 5 years and you look like that.

thats what i think all the time and i look better than 99% of this board after 3 years
never been above 15% bf

I'm 29, 5'8'', 145 and I can't raise that weight no matter how much shit I eat. Before I started I was at 156 and lost that weight immediately. I've been skinnyfat for most of my life because I sat on ass, and I am the son of drug addled rednecks who are shorter than I am.

Pic related is routine. I've definitely gotten stronger but I feel like I haven't grown at all. I take 2 hits of bpi in milk a morning before breakfast, and another after workout, I cook my own meals which are always basically brown rice & salmon or DIY burritos with turkey meat and beans, etc.

30 yrs old, been lifting for 2 years.
pic is 2 months ago, got leaner now.

Grats senpai. That's what I was hoping to look like - in all honesty, I didn't want to look a certain way, I just wanted to get stronger.

>im getting fat i need to ease up
>im getting weak i need to ease up
Thats what i say all the time, why is it bad?

how much you been eating?
hows your sleep?
also how consistent have you been?

i struggled a lot learning nutrition mostly and meal prepping but it got me results in the end.
At our age you must be very disciplined with nutrition because mistakes cost progress.
Training wise i did brosplits and PPL alternating them per 2-3 months. just try and be consistent and disciplined in both , nutrition and training.

Diet:
In the morning I drink a glass of milk with some kind of whey, I rotate between Gold, bpi, Syntha6 whey. After I usually eat a no-cook oatmeal stuff, which is refrigerated rolled oats that are mixed with almond milk, bananas and whey powder - sounds weird but it tastes very good. Since I lost some weight I replaced eating that with a sausage+2 egg+onion burrito thing. For lunch I eat a decent sized burrito with turkey, black beans, salsa, etc. After a workout I hit a shake, and usually cook brown rice with some type of meat and broccoli, and then squeeze in another meal if I can, if not I always eat 2 small things of cottage cheese before I sleep.

Sleep isn't that good. I've always had consistent night terrors throughout my life and sometimes wake up in cold sweat, when I wake up I almost always feel as if I haven't slept, even if I got in 9 hours or something. This is and has been a consistent problem.

As shit as my body is , I am proud that I am consistent. I have absolutely stuck to my routine, which is usually four days, mixed in with light kickboxing on either Tuesday or Thursday- something I've always did for recreation alone. Regardless of how I look, I go in to the gym, hit 4 sets of decent weight on each exercise, every time.

Not sure if this matters either but I'm as scooby-doo natty or whatever you guys use to call natural as it gets. I don't drink, smoke, take any sort of drugs outside of fish oil/vitamin C/D, and I've never used test or PEDs.

Progressing is much more efficient in cut/bulk phases.
I have a friend who is too scared to bulk because he doesn't want to get fat. But he also doesn't want to cut due to the fear that he'll lose his muscle. So he finds himself maintaining his same weight and his physique isn't changing. Mind you his diet/routine isn't optimal.

In my experience you can away with doing this if you either have good genetics or are still young.

Congrats on the success despite having shit parents.

I started two years ago at 28, always maintaining or at a small deficit
I'm 3kg less than when I started, I could have done more efficiently but there is some progress, especially since I have had no sport background and desk job prior to that
I'm considering a 6 month bulk this winter tho, noob gains are gone I'm afraid

Forgot pic

OP WTF where you doing all the time it looks like you were 1 day in and 6 days off and then you have the shittiest diet of all times

That's sort of what got me into exercising to begin with.

Neither of my folks had anything to do with my upbringing - my mom's house is basically an ashtray floating in Coors, and my dad is 63 with 2 stints, and had a 100% blockage heart attack in 2013. When I was a boy I took care of my grandmother, we both basically lived alone together until she died when I was 15 - fast forward 15 years later, i'm living alone with my aunt who has M.S., and I take care of her daily because we don't have the dosh to afford caregivers. In the midst of a hikikomori lifestyle I got fed up and walked roughly 5 miles a day, which led me to Veeky Forums on the day Zyzz died, which led me to find Scooby talking about the joys of lifting, so I dug for a routine, got something and stuck with it.

But here I am now, years later, and, while I'm sure my heart and my organs are tip-top, I still look like trash on the outside, and I'm goddamn fucking sick of it

You think you can just post that and not tell us how you got the scars?

I know, right - you aren't wrong, user. Maybe all those faggots on tumblr were right, and some of us are just born to be cucked and fucked forever.

nah man just get the diet in check and then get a real routine

It's not really relevant to this thread, I usually tell the story in progress threads.
I fell asleep while driving without a seatbelt on more than three years ago, really bad decision.
Broken liver (almost died there), spleen and some intestine damage.
Concussion (with 10 days of induced coma) from opening the windshield with my head.
Fractured hip (with sciatic nerve damage), several ribs, nose.

Never cared about my body but it didn't let me down, that's why I started lifting after I was cleared for physical activity. Progress is slow but I have do not intend to quit

OP here. I was in your thread yesterday.

Really insane shit, dude - unreal that you took a toll like that and hit the temple. Especially about the nerve damage, but it looks like your system is gaining solid muscle. It is honest to God a beautiful thing

Thanks m8, my suggestion is to be consisent and maybe see a nutritionist before considering gear, but that's a way too.
Anyway you are not too old and doomed, we're all gonna make it

My pals are all cycling , they're actually coming off. They talk to me on the regular about it and are saying there's no way they would've been able to go up 40 pounds without it, but I don't know a fucking thing about steroids, test, EPO, etc - my biggest concern is getting on something I can't get off, even though I listen to JRE and it seems like every athlete under the sun, if they aren't using, has at some point used drugs to amp their shit up

Anyways, thread is basically dead. Here's some DMX
youtube.com/watch?v=4FFK5Oh10os

He would actually look fairly decent at 10% bodyfat, you can see that he has the lats, the chest and the shoulders.

whatever you say OP