Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums

tl;dr version: I can only seem to put on muscle and keep my blood sugar normal by eating some kind of fat (avocado, nuts) or animal protein (eggs, meat, full fat yogurt) with every meal.

Will this clog my arteries? Will I drop dead of a heart attack at forty?

the long version, with background:

I've struggled with hypoglycemia and being a hungry skellington my whole life.

I have Crohn's disease, and I end up with serious vitamin deficiencies if I'm not constantly taking prescription supplements. My doctor suspects I'm just not absorbing enough from my food.

Since I started lifting and working out, the problem has been getting more serious. If I can add an egg or two or similar to each of my meals, it really helps to stave off the hypoglycemia for extra couple of hours.

I know some ideas about the role of fats in nutrition have changed in the last couple of decades. However, as a child of the 80s I've had it drilled into me that eating like this will kill me, and that athletes thrive on diets like the Pritikin plan.

Are there any oldfags on here who can either tell me
"nah, it's fine, I've been eating bacon and eggs for thirty years" or "yeah, I ate bacon and eggs for thirty years, and now I've had four bypass surgeries"
?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12429856
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22983636
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21157483
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23354681
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22442749
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9177242
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24262435
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23779232
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12668986
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1934376
data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.STA.DIAB.ZS?year_low_desc=true
allcountries.org/ranks/diabetes_prevalence_country_ranks.html
amazon.com/dp/B00A25FDUA/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thats funny op because eating meat causes diabetes

3-6 eggs a day won't kill you. Nor will bacon.
It's all about portions. People eat way worse and somehow live a long time.

OP here.

Please provide reputable sources. Not PETA.

I was raised by vegans.

I didn't start eating meat and dairy until I was an adult. So far it has helped with controlling my blood sugar.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12429856
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22983636
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21157483
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23354681
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22442749
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9177242
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24262435

Have fun with your insulin injection goals of 2016

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21157483

Thank you. That is a much more informative post.

Also, you'll get your point across better if you don't act like a total, raging dickbag.

Here are more, I'll include titles

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23779232
Changes in red meat consumption and subsequent risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus: three cohorts of US men and women.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12668986
Dietary habits and their relations to insulin resistance and postprandial lipemia in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis.

Saturated fat intake and insulin resistance in men with coronary artery disease.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1934376

Thanks, user. This is the kind of information I was looking for - solid research - and this is very helpful.

Yea stick with the vegan diet, specifically eating whole plant foods, lots of vegetables, fruits whole grains, beans, legumes. , as I clearly showed with many citations meat causes diabetes. Make sure and get your b12 and omega threes from a couple of table spoons of ground flax seed everyday, those two things are very important for heart disease prevention, and in your OP you mentioned that.

>vegan shit

No, just go fucking talk to your doctor. If you know you have medical conditions use him not Veeky Forums

Yea I am sure he learned more in his 2 hour diet lecture in medical school than hundreds (if not more) of studies linking meat to diabetes.

Don't most asian countries have a higher incidence of diabetes then countries that have more meat in their diets?
I mean most pro-veg studies love to point to the okinawan diet and that whole study.
What gives?

data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.STA.DIAB.ZS?year_low_desc=true

This list is a little more clear
allcountries.org/ranks/diabetes_prevalence_country_ranks.html

your parents should go to jail

Ya because feeding your kid whole grains fruits vegetables, beans, nuts, leagumes is child abuse and feeding them cheeseburgers, icecream, fries, ext is healthy!

OP here.

I can definitely think of about a dozen legit reasons my parents should be in jail. They are jerks.

But veganism doesn't make that list. That's just a side effect of them being old hippies.

eat some fucking fibrous foods

Kek OP don't listen to that psycho vegan who says meat causes diabetes. Read the studies, nothing he posts proves his claim or disproves the consensus that excessive sugar consumption causes diabetes. I know because he posts the same ones all the fucking time. You clearly know what makes you feel better (animal products) so why the fuck would you listen to this retard that's telling you to go BACK to being vegan? He doesn't care about your health or well being, he just wants to get you back in his cult through any means possible. Don't fall for it just because he has a handy list of scientific studies that don't prove his point but he hopes you won't read and will just take at face value.

Didn't mean to quote that guy, but my post still stands.

Fuck off and kys you faggot vegan enjoy being a manlet

>Also, you'll get your point across better if you don't act like a total, raging dickbag.

Where in the ever living fuck do you think you are?

>I can only seem to put on muscle and keep my blood sugar normal by eating some kind of fat (avocado, nuts) or animal protein (eggs, meat, full fat yogurt) with every meal.
i experienced the literal exact same thing. word by word.
solution? high protein. no need for fat when you get enough protein. i eat 300gr protein a day when im sedentary. 350 when active. 400 when lifting everyday.
for carbs? ***dark green, no sugar vegetables, leaves***. no tomatoes, onions, potatoes, eggplants, grains etc.

try this, you will see that your blood sugar is balanced, you can make muscles and dont feel cold when u dont eat for some time, and feel grouded

>Will this clog my arteries? Will I drop dead of a heart attack at forty?

No. And meat doesn't cause diabetes, that's fucking stupid.

Read The Big Fat Surprise by Teicholz.
amazon.com/dp/B00A25FDUA/

>than hundreds (if not more) of studies linking meat to diabetes.
Kek
Yeah I'm sure there were tons of cavemen with diabetes