What's the recovery process for a torn bicep like...

What's the recovery process for a torn bicep like? I've seen tons of videos of people tearing their biceps but I've never heard anything about them otherwise. Any Veeky Forumsizens here that have torn a bicep before?

>What's the recovery process for a torn bicep like?

i had the endobutton procedure done (see picture) after a complete rupture of my distal tendon.

you do a lot of sitting around and doing nothing with your arm at a 90 degree angle for about two months, then just doing fuck all but a bit of light mobility work again for the next two months after that. you don't really need physical therapy (i didn't see a physical therapist and my surgeon said it was probably just a waste of money).

during month 3 and 4 i did a lot of very light suppinated dumbbell curls at home, and dumbbell pronations. i was told by my surgeon i'd be good at the 6 month mark to basically do whatever but it took at least a year after that until things felt fine, but i still deal with a bit of nerve pain and i'm left with partial numbness in my thumb and first finger, although i have full mobility.

>mfw ennui makes a guest appearance
If you see this I hope all is well

ennui i will always love you

Wow sorry to hear you went through that bro. I miss you and quad always arguing with tiny instigatig in the background

how was the pain when the tendon snapped?

How did you do it?

preacher curls

everyone talks about bicep tears while deadlifting, using a mixed grip, and rupturing the tendon on your underhand side, but the tendon i tore is on the arm that i would always use for my overhand grip while deadlifting.

>>how was the pain when the tendon snapped?

some of the worst pain i've ever felt. i threw up shortly after.

Did you lose elbow mobility?
I broke mine 3 years ago and never fully recovered and I can't extend it fully.

>>Did you lose elbow mobility?

nope. it's a little tight when fully extended but otherwise fine. it may have helped that i had surgery 5-6 weeks after the injury.

wow a complete year to heal
overhand grip deads is all im doing now, fuck PRs for a while

>>wow a complete year to heal

more than a year to be 100%. on and off for two years after i've had various aches and pains while lifting which prevented me from going heavy in the gym. there's a very good chance that it's just nerve issues and not an issue with the actual tendon attachment, but it's hard to ignore and just power through a lift.

>but the tendon i tore is on the arm that i would always use for my overhand grip while deadlifting.
Maybe the underhand arm bicep got stronger and adapted more from deadlifts and thats why overhand arm bicep snapped

how is your strength now?

btw if you're worried, my surgeon said supported curls are the number one reason people he sees (and he works with mostly athletes) have distal tendon ruptures.

i wouldn't suggest you avoid them entirely, just go easy on them and don't go to failure. when my tendon ruptured i was giving 110% into that rep.

could be, but my bicep attachments were always different on both arms, which may have had something to do with it also. the one i ruptured was longer (inserted lower into my elbow).

pretty good, but not as strong as i used to be. doing 8-10x50lbs pull ups again, deadlifting 405lbs for reps, rowing 3 plates on either side on the chest supported row, but i limit myself to a few sets of standing db curls a week.

Hey nunu, i just want to say im glad that youre well and you, scooby and OCB are the only trips that never suck.

I love you
>no homo

y-you too

What was the weight you used on the preacher curls? Like how many times could you rep it in one set?

I want to know, because I also do preacher curls and I was always afraid of this happening to me.

ENNUI YOU'RE STILL HERE

60lbs, maybe 12 reps. i don't think it was my first set though.

honestly i think the risks are minimal unless you're giving the lift max effort like i was.

seconding this

guess im never going to give it my max effort again

nunu has been shitposting regularly for at least a few days now

and when i say shitposting i mean giving out mostly somewhat useful information

shit. the weight I use I can rep 10-15 times. Probably going to move it up to 25 or not do them at all.

Weren't you on drugs at the time tho?

The drugs can make you perform much better, which increases likelihood of injury due to the fact your able to push yourself beyond natty stress limitations

>>Weren't you on drugs at the time tho?

nope

had been off for like a year and a half or something

Oh well, preacher curls are a high risk exercise.

I use to do them a lot and despite it looking cool and the muscle getting insanely pumped, it def felt a little "off" in a way. Like the muscle wasn't meant to experience that much strain in that position.

I specifically just do normal standing bb curls and db hammer curls using light weight only.

Got any current body pics?
>no homo