Why do you lift, Veeky Forums?

I actually lifted because of depression and being isolated from other people. I was never introduced to sports as a kid and felt that now health actually has an impact on you as you grow older. Fuck this shit, and I want to fuck bitches, efficiently

It's an effective way to channel my ADHD shit into something productive.

I once used a picture of hanako to motivate my lifts

I started in November 2010. I don't even remember why I started. All I remember is selling my WoW account at the end of WOTLK and buying a 1 year gym membership.

I just started WoW up again this week. Lifting is just a meme in my life, like brushing my teeth or something, I just do it, don't even think about it anymore, it just happens.

Depression, anger, work (home remodeling)
To be able to be strong enough to fight anyone and protect my family and friends.
The up coming race war.
To slam bitches

I literally started lifting because of that bacon. that game wrekd me

>someone hits on qt gf infront of me
>never again

If you liked Cripple Fucking Sum 2000, try Grisaia no Kaijitsu. It's a similar feel but even better IMO. Plus the main character is Veeky Forums as fuck.

I started with the premise of lifting for bitches, but while my body improved, my game did not.
Still have the v-card because I'm waiting to leave the nest first.
After 5 years on 4chainz though, I finally found my waifu, so every lift is dedicated to her now.
>tl;dr Reps for Artoria

It's fun and relaxing. If I miss a workout I get a bit cranky too so it's a good reason to keep at it.

A terrible family vacation with no internet or tv got me jogging and doing pushups for fun. When i got home i decided to keep up the healthy habits and on a one rainy day i had no choice but to find somewhere to run indoors.

All the treadmills were taken so i went to the weightroom instead to mess around while im in queue.

It was a huge accident really and i never really had any goals for these last 5 years except progressive overload.

These days I just want to improve myself really and it's such a part of my routine these days that I can't imagine not doing it. I also feel so much more energetic and fulfilled compared to the old days, it's amazing. Also, the increased attention from girls and increased respect from guys is really motivating as well.

The reason I got into it though was because I was a fat fuck and decided that I didn't want to be that person anymore. Kind of crazy looking back and realizing how far I've come desu.

>we're all gonna make it

Being brutually honest, the reasons I lift in order are

>help anxiety/depression with self image
>getting bitches and respect from people
>personal progress
>making ex's jealous/bitter

To look huge when i go to LARP events.

Fuck yeah man. I recently started, and it's damn fun. Any muscles in particular that shine through armour? I'm thinking traps and arms.

I started lifting because my Dad said "hey user, you might enjoy this". I did. A bit. His routine wasn't fun. Ended up doing SS for a bit, and enjoyed it. Then I lost all motivation, and recently decided to start up so I can get huge as fuark builtfat mode and look like a viking. I wanna be one of those people that walks into a room, and gets a "damn he looks strong". Recently a buddy of mine said I looked "buff as fuck" lately, and that made my entire night.

lifting for /pol/

tbqh
I used to lift to pick up FE cuties at conventions. But ever since I took the black pill and frequent /r9k/ I do it for my waifu now. All I have to do is keep lifting and she'll become real, r-right?

For the glory of Priscilla

Plenty of reasons.

>to not be fat and the boatload of insecurities that comes with it
>release of anxious energy that would otherwise cause me to sperg out and get fired
>job requires heavy lifting every now and then
>being able to jerk off to my reflection when internet is down
>so I don't have to imagine myself as someone else in my 2D waifu fantasies
>being able to eat more without feeling guilty

Mainly #2 though. If I don't lift and/or do cardio daily, the nervous energy buildup causes me to have panic attacks. Wew.

I started lifting 9 years ago because of back pain (bad posture).
In those years I had phases in which I only did my program for correcting my posture and phases to gain mass.

I'm obese and want to kill myself. So lifting my way in shape, self confidence goes up, chances of finding a partner goes up from negative digits where tks currently at.

started lifting just to be swole etc
now i wanna be a bodybuilder.

>another man literally hitting on your woman in front of you

please tell me you didn't just stand there and say nothing

Solely for bitches and health

I started because I had nothing else to do, but today I realised I am on the edge of being technically obese.

That shit wont' stand desu

Just wanna get juicy and have people mirin'. The strength that comes with it is also nice, I've always been a weak faggot.

Even when I was 140lb at 5'9 when someone did that to my gf i called that guy a cock sneeze, cock face, and cock breath and told him to go fuck off.
>tfw he was like 5'7

>If I don't lift and/or do cardio daily, the nervous energy buildup causes me to have panic attacks. Wew

Would you advise this for someone who needs medication for his panic/anxiety issues?

oats, milk and squats?

>i called that guy a cock sneeze, cock face, and cock breath
you did all those in one sentence or separate sentences?

obviously he would, retard

everybody shud lift. every damn person

Too catch up to my brother, he used to be a fucking chad, he inspired me, now he's living in his fucking car. Started dating a disgusting succubus with a fucking kid, now he sells his fucking shit for fucking diapers.

I do it for him

One thousand times yes.

You'll probably still need your meds for now (for those moments when shit really hits the fan and you need to keep it together), but daily lifting/cardio takes off that constant "edge" that you feel when you have some serious anxiety issues and lessens occurrence of panic attacks. A lot of that nervous energy gets shat out after a hard workout, so you'll be a lot more relaxed throughout the day.

My best friend dumped me after he got friend-zoned by my ex-crush during summer. I felt empty and bored after losing 2 people I loved so I got into fitness. Went from fat fuck to skinny fat now am still fat but big and strong as fuck. I continue lifting to get even stronger for the upcoming collapse of western civilization.

In this order
>for mai waifu
>for respect (I'm a manlet)
>for aesthetics
>for functional strength

I think I started for girls and the confidence boost in looking good.
Amount of pussy I got since I started working out: 0
Amount of confidence I got: some

I guess it's only a matter of time, r-right?

Dumb anime poster

Just ended things with ex girlfriend.

Starting school next week, most of my friends have graduated.

Feel like shit about my life, maybe becoming big will help me cope with how everything is ass.

I was a skinny faggot (still am) so I decided to lift and do street workout with my friend to atleast look better and be healthier. Mostly just do calisthenics now as im too broke to afford a gym rn.

I want to look better in clothes and fit in more styles of clothing.
Not necessarily for girls, but I just hate how my body looks in pictures

For him.

Legion is dope AF honestly, I can't remember the last time that leveling was actually enjoyable. I heard it was pretty good in WoD but I didn't play it because honestly I lost all faith in WoW after Mists. Of course it's too early to tell how the end game content will be like but if the dungeons are anything to go by then the raids will probably be epic.

>inb4 back to /v/

Yes.
Not if, but when.
I hope you'll be ready.
The true reasons for lifting is to either leave humanity behind, or lift for your waifu.

>ywn save hanako and show her what true love really means

should we just off ourselves?

I hated fat people more than I hated going to the gym. But now I like going to the gym, and I hate fat people more than ever. I just convince people in my classes at uni to lift.

I managed to get one kid to run a ton. He lost like 50 lbs and can run more than me now.

I lift because I want a nice, beautiful fit body, where I can put on whatever kind of clothing and look amazing.
I've been demotivated lately but I met up with a friend after summer break the way how he got so fat shocked me into lifting again. I'm still fat, still trying to find a nice routine that I can actually stick to for once.

What does a person do in this situation?

This me too. And I want to get into the prepper lifestyle in the future.

Stop him, duh. Otherwise your girl will take you for a beta bitch.

I just wanna fuck bad bitches
All them nights I never had bitches
Now I'm all up in that ass bitches

Was at 130kg, didn't realise I was so fat, went on holiday with friends, saw myself on the pictures when we came back. I barfed. Litterally. How could I have not noticed. My confidence was shattered. I freaked out. Went on strict diet, lost 40 kg in six months. Then I started lifting because I looked like shit.

I had got closer to a girl on that trip, and we started dating when we came back home. She was really supportive, and if I look halfway decent it's thanks to her.

I lift to be the best possible version of mai waifu that I can.

I lift for beach