This look infected or just bruised?

This look infected or just bruised?
Fucked up my ankle(broken fibula) the other night.
Wearing a boot.
Think i had it a little too tight and cut off the circulation. Not sure though cause it's more less the same color as the area around the break.
Not that numb or cold either.
Don't wanna spend more money on doc if possible.

Please someone I'm kinda trippin

Can't find any pics or descriptions that look like this

There's a 40% chance that you may lose your toes

It's fine. The compression pushes the bruising to your toes. If there's significant bruising around your fracture then this is totally normal.

t. broke my fibula 6 months ago.

does the discolored area feel especially warm?

regardless, I think ice and elevation would help

Id say 65%

>Purple toes
Get ready to lose 'em. Get your ass to your doctor right now.

>mfw a doctors visit is only 9 euro when I make an appointment with my own doctor
>those measily 9 euro's are covered by health insurance
>such is life in based Netherlands

No feels like everything else.

So it's basically the same thing? Even if they don't hurt?

then its unlikely an infection

Elevate your foot, it's likely inflammation caused the boot to get too tight as the day went on.

Basically, yes it's just a bruise. They don't hurt because there's no actual damage to your toes but the compression from the boot has spread the bruising blood from the area around your fracture down to your toes. This isn't bad, it just happens.

Okay i was tripping out but i found a few pages on ankle sprains that said it's normal for the bruising and loose blood to travel to your toes after a few days because gravity.
Thanks a million i was afraid it was necrosis or something.
On a side note I've been sleeping with the boot on but a little loose.
Do i have to remove it?

Personally I think you're fine. Like said it's just blood from the injury pooling in other places. This has happened to me a couple times (although not with any fractures, just really bad bruising) and it just takes time to settle back down.

Ice and elevation are your friends right now. Ibuprofen will also help with swelling and pain.

I have always found that arnica gel helps a hell of a lot with swelling as well. It smells different and doesn't appeal to everyone though.

Keep your boot on while you sleep. It's okay to loosen the straps a little for comfort but you still want the joint immobilised so it can repair.

RIP toes

so basically don't panic unless numbness, pain, or toenails turn black?

This, but keep the foot elevated.
Elevation is important. While inflammation is beneficial to the healing process, it can cause problems if allowed to go unchecked. Basically it's an immune response, and your immune cells mop up the mess and kill damaged cells through a "I'll fuck up everything and whatever survives is healthy" process. Sometimes that means a lot of undamaged cells get killed, and recovery takes much longer.

Yeah, you're fine.

Pic semi-related; my broken fibula bruise.

Actual nurse

It's bruising. The blood drains with gravity. I used to get it all the time from bad kicks in Muay Thai. If it were necrotic it would start at the end of the toes, not the base.

Noted
Yeah thats what mine looks like although a little worse.
How long it take to heal
phew, yeah it started from the top

Takes about 6 weeks from the day of breaking it for the bone to heal. Takes about 4 months from the break to get back to normal.