Book thread

Just picked this up Veeky Forums, thoughts?

Also other books to help with life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l1n_5mvtz5c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Getting things done
Making it all work
How to suck cocks and influence sheeple.

this is Veeky Forums not Veeky Forums

Briand tracy's work is amazing. no excuses the power of self discipline and eat that frog and the best imo. The rest is kinda milking it.

republic

Gorilla Mindset if you need to learn how to become a man.

stop spreading your illiterate habits to others.

Also, OP anything by dale carnegie

>thoughts?
All self help books are degenerate and built to cash in on retards
>book thread
Currently reading pic related. It's written like a newspaper article (the guy's a journalist) so it's a real light and easy read. Some pretty interesting stuff though, true alpha male tbqh.

That's a great book op, definitely one of the best books I've read
Here are some books I recommend:
>power of now - eckart tolle
>a new earth - eckart tolle
>the way of zen - Alan watts
>the book - Alan watts
>the book of pook
>how to steal like an artist
>meditations - Marcus Aurelius

Books recommended by other anons but I haven't personally read:
>48 laws of power (apparently douchey but good to know in case you encounter one of these douche bags)
>models
>what every body is saying
>the manipulated man
>millionaire fast lane

Is the first one to write a shitty book so inept retards will buy it in hopes that it'll change your life, I grantee it™.

Fkin redpillers

>americans

Hey some people are unattractive/bad personality and need a guide to get laid. Less competition for us.

I'm Canadian lol

someone asks for books and this is your first recommendation?
>The Power of Now
>A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
>To make the journey into the Now we will need to leave our analytical mind and its false created self, the ego, behind. From the very first page of this extraordinary book, we move rapidly into a significantly higher altitude where we breathe a lighter air. We become connected to the indestructible essence of our Being, “The eternal, ever present One Life beyond the myriad forms of life that are subject to birth and death.”
reconsider your life
same thing

>eckart tolle
>Alan watts
I'd add "Waking Up" by Sam Harris. He might be an obnoxious memelord (like Tolle, honestly, just in a different direction), but that book is legit good.

It has some good advice in there and some of the stories are kind of relatable, but it's a lot longer than it needs to be (like most self help books.) When I got about 2/3 through I found myself skipping most of it and just looking at the summarized version of each habit.

I've only read a summary of 48 laws of power but I think if someone would actually live by all of these laws you'd come off as the biggest fucking sociopath.

>reconsider your life
Eckhart Tolle's way of putting his ideas (or, more precisely, New Age regurgitation of Buddhism) is somewhat pretentious, but living in the present moment, treating the self, along with past and future, like abstractions that are only sometimes useful, not allowing oneself to be affected by things one can't or doesn't want to change (or getting up and changing them instead of being butthurt internally) is still good practical advice.

Read Dale Carnegie man

Never see this one get posted, it is breddy gud

I love the 7 habits. One of my favourite books. I listen to the audiobook version very often.

What are the 7 habits?!

Christian propaganda

>How to suck cocks and influence sheeple
>Dale Carnegie

The most overrated self-help book for total autists
TL;DR people like to be listened and everyone like to be at the centre of the attention; lrn2empathy and shit

The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do...Reading it now, fascinating book.

Meditations of course is always a classic.

Think and Grow Rich.

There are 3 ones that i always recommend:
For life in general
> Bachelor pad economics
For inner game and understanding women
> Rational male
For being the best you can be at something right for you
>Mastery

>thread once again is full of self help books
How truly pathetic.

You win five scoops of irony.

>Just picked this up Veeky Forums, thoughts?

>Also other books to help with life.

>(You)

Games People Play by Eric Berne. No self-help book btw.

I'm going to judge a book by its cover here: Bachelor Pad Economics looks like pure shit. I can't take a book or author seriously if that's really how they choose to represent their work.

your loss

I'm not doubting that it has some valuable info, but I would be embarrassed to read it in public. I'll just find a pdf or something

Keep those for yourself, gentleman, you'll need it for your life if you keep wasting time reading and drooling at self-help books.

Anybody read pic related? One of my favorite books, but it was kinda stressful to read. More like it?

Forgot pic

I think I might get this. Thanks user

Good call on Mastery and I'll one up you.
youtube.com/watch?v=l1n_5mvtz5c

Pick up some of these and strive to never be the main character outside of school

It has great no-bullshit info about picking your:
>education ( no bullshit "follow what you love", but learn what pays well, become great at it, youll learn to love it )
>job ( enterprenuer, private sector, goverment work, outcasts, etc... evetything has cons and pros depending on your character)
>car ( when and why, how expensive, bike or car, learn how to fix it yourself, etc. )
>housing ( basically don't fuckyourself up by gettign a big loan and being a slave to one place. In this economy its best to change jobs every 2-3 and travel everywhere for better opurtinity )
>wife ( redpill stuff, don't kid yourself into making wife + kids your main goal in life, first work on your own goals, then you can settle down)
>retiretment plan ( how nobody actually thinks much about it, and how you should really be investing in mutual fonds over your life so you have financial freedom later)
>stock market and economy ( great introductionary stuff) it inspired me to read Inteligent Investor - Warren Buffet and One up on wall street - Peter Lynch. So im pretty comfortable with stocks right now
>General way how to look on money and your time. Money is hours of your time, stuff is hours of your time. Make your hour be worth more than someone else and you can use extra time to better yourself

I actually liek that art. But i read physical book while at home. I do read a lot when outside, but thats why i got myself big screen smartphone so I can read PDF-s outside, honestly its far more convenient .

God I fucking hated that book. The second story line with the drug addict tattoo artist is so unbelievable. I don't ever expect someone that degenerate to be able to convey their life in such a grandiloquent way. The author needed to tone that shit down a little bit.

Now the part where they discover the hallway and it starts to expand and they go to explore it was OK. It didn't however make me feel anxious or claustrophobic like some of the reviews rave about. It was 5/10 IMO. The author could have shortened it a bit. I didn't even finish the book, stopped right when the whole ordeal with the
>Houe
was over with.

Jesus fuck I hate my laptop.

>House
>House
>House
>House

That's 100% of the entire book. Can't believe I wasted my time reading it. Basically teaches complete morons how to act like a human bean.

I really liked it. I thought the "house" story was way more interesting than the drug addict story though, which ended up in me being a little disappointed in how it all ended. Still a cool experience though, I had fun reading it.

This book is only possible in the 1950's. No one in this day and age is able to take criticism and accept responsibility for their actions. You can't go to a business anymore and tell them they fucked something up or tell a customer they fucked something up because it'll hurt their feels and they'll just rip you off anyways. I've tried numerous times using the information in this book to set things right with several orgs that offered me a product that I payed for and it never works because 1. women get upset or 2. the company doesn't give 2 fucks if 1 in a million customers isn't satisfied with their services.

Still a good book tho senpai.

Mine:
>The Secret
>A Boy Should Know How to Tie a Tie
>The Servant
>All of David Eddings' shit

Now I feel fedorable for being so cynical about it. Am I the only one who didn't like it that you all know of?

I get what youre saying but i find that people who claim that something is "coming knowledge" often lack it

Its liek when you're out with 5 of your friends, 4 of you hook up with a good looking girl every weekend while 1 never had a girl in his life.
He askes you for tip.
You give him great advice and great books that we all follow and always gave success
He will just say "oh thats common knowledge" or "i already knew that" or "thats bs, ill just be myself". And then when the time for action comes he will do everything opposite of what commong knowledge is.
People need to lower their ego and deal with the fact that just being a male human doesn't mean youre the best male human you could be.

I lent to a friend and she got really into it too, but that's the only other person I've talked to it about.

I see where you're coming from with Johnny (I think that was his name) needing to tone down his writing a bit, but I also think that was intentional. The really long rambling and self-indulgence seemed to fit his character.

I think the book was like an "art piece" in testing your patience and endurance and it did a great job. The hallway parts were cool but reviews did give them a little too much credit.

I appreciated the book for its creativity and how well executed it was. If you can accept that the exhausting and tedious nature was intentional you would probably like it more, but it's definitely not something everybody will enjoy.

I understand the ramblings part from him being a druggie. That's what druggies do. But to have the vocabulary of a Yale Professor is just unrealistic. I know it's a fiction book but it has no perspective. The house story was OK. Maybe I'm just not patient enough for the book.

Read the book. Power of Now can be a bit flowery but it's powerful for sure.