Is veganism actually healthy?

I've been a vegan for like 2.5 years and I don't exactly feel like a healthy individual. My main concern is that I'm really fucking fragile, I can barely do any exercise without being in pain. My joints hurt every day and I don't even lift anymore.
I'm also really sensitive to certain foods, if I eat a little too much beans I'll fart nonstop for hours on end. And I'm not talking about much here, only about 200 grams of beans. If I eat more than that I'll be gassy for hours.
It wasn't like this before, I was actually naturally more muscular and stronger than the average guy.

On the other hand, my health wasn't in good condition before either. I developed a terrible asthma around age 13 as well as cystic acne. After being on accutane several times without getting rid of the acne, I tried looking at my diet instead and I read that milk was linked to acne. I stopped consuming all milk and felt that it helped greatly, it was this way my food paranoia stared and I ended up as a vegan. But I never felt fragile like I do now.

I'm actually just considering starting eating meat regularly and see if that helps me in any way. My problem could be unrelated to my diet, who knows, but maybe I should just try. The ethical standpoint bothers me too, but the other day I was out mowing the lawn and I probably killed a lot of bugs. It felt bad, but what else what I supposed to do. A perfect world just doesen't exist, you'll always step on some innocent bugs constantly even if you're a vegan.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gWC1YUQclto
youtube.com/watch?v=0P8tPqneHoQ
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xkR2XEYEFgk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefir
telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/news/number-of-vegans-in-britain-rises-by-360-in-10-years/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OP IS A FAGGOT

ABLE TO ANSWER IS OWN DAMN QUESTIONS BUT HE'S TOO FUCKING STUPID

Eat the lamb. You'll feel better.

>I'm vegan but don't feel good
So stop it. Your body is telling you what it needs and you clearly see the problem here.
Just make sure you ease back into it. A lot of meat all at once after none for 2.5 years may make you feel a bit sick since you're not used to it anymore.

If it makes you feel better, animals kill the SHIT out of each other. Sometimes not even for food, just because they were annoyed
You are kinder than that in that you'd only really kill an animal for food or maybe self-defense. It's not even really you killing them, you're more like a scavenger.
There's always going to be a meat industry killing animals unless easier, cheaper, lab-grown meat becomes a thing or most of the population becimes vegetarians, one of those is more likely than the other

Might as well see a doctor, why not? You could get them to run bood tests to check deficiencies and that sort of stuff

Honestly, a legume and vegi focused diet is super healthy, but meat in the right portion and quality can be very beneficial.

I'm not sure what exactly your meals consist of, as one can eat vegan and be malnurished, but it sounds to me like you may have a Ca or Fe defficiency.

It is. Ask the RarĂ¡muri.

Start by eating fish or sushi. Then chicken. I was vegan for a while but mostly for ethics. I went to some farms to see the animals and still felt bad for cows and pigs because they're mammals and capable of emotion and bonding. Fish are fucking retards, just a biological machine. And chicken are essentially land fish so I eat fish and chicken now. No red meat

I thought you loved me, Lisa! LOOOOOVED ME!

It's not easy to go back to eating meat, and I don't even know if it would benefit me. It could be that my problems are totally unrelated to the diet but I do think that they arised after I became a vegan.

>animals kill each other
Most retarded argument against veganism

Jesus christ you sound like you cant stop thinking about your diet and health issues. Go get a check up and see if youre okay to get sound mind. And who cares about bugs? I get the animals thing, but killing a bug every now and then is whatever. Theres like trillions of them. If you think eating meat is wrong then dont do it. If not, eat it. I generally keep meat intake low, but asking me to never eat meat again, no thank you.

>>>You

whats dead is dead. You are not eating live animals so who cares?

oh I feel so weak, better start eating meat, hehe.
why don't you go to the doctor and start supplementing what you're missing instead of being a little bitch

Are vegans typically in favor or against eating insects? Somehow I see a lot of those retards being against it.

>Le you can live completely on supps may may XD

Some vegans classify honey as an animal product and won't eat it. Even though beekeepers are good for honey bee population

I didn't say stop eating food, did I?

do a fucking blood test to see where you're deficient.
if the test comes normal and you still think you must eat animal products why do directly to your fellow mammal ? no only it's filled with toxic shit but it isn't proven to be good for your health.
fish on the other hand is proven to work (perfect omega-3 source) if it's not contaminated.
and eating wild fish is not morally terrible like eating a mammal who have the same kind of brain you have.

>hurr
>durr

why go* directly to your fellow mammal
not* only it's filled with toxic shit

guys, i think is trying to communicate

>I due nots eats aminals becuz dey haz same brain az me do
Kill yourself you hippy fuck

>i'm a retarded casual who can't into biology and darwinism.

F A L S E D I L E M M A
A
L
S
E

D
I
L
L
E
M
A

Reminder you can simply REDUCE your meat consumption and get the benefits of both sides!

>implying morals have anything to do with darwin or biology

No but you suggested you could take supps instead of eating animals like a real human being
Therefore you're part of the problrm and a piece of shit

>On vegan diet and feel fragile

Probably nutrient deficient.

>Got acne at 13 while drinking milk

That's called puberty.

>Killed some bugs, felt bad

Accept that death in life in inevitable. Absolutely if we can prevent needless death we should, but in the modern world, nearly everything we do harms another species. Clothes you wear were plants covered in pesticides. Drive a car? The oil drilling and exhaust gas of the vehicle ruins ecosystems. Your electronics all have heavily processed rare-earth minerals mined in poorly environmentally maintained mines.

Also, in regards to your bean issue, start soaking your beans, upwards of 1 or 2 days. Soaking them gets rid of all the anti-nutrients, will reduce flatulence.

>I have no idea what I'm saying so I'll just throw out buzzwords that I have no concept of the meaning of
Please eat a bullet but not before you convince some other hippy fucks like yourself to do the same
The less of you paarasites the better

#namethetrait
youtube.com/watch?v=gWC1YUQclto

>suddenly stop eating meat
>for 2.5 years
>not even sure if it is healthy
Vegans=briandead

stop stabbing mammals to death for hamburgers faggot

>still stereotyping vegans as hippies
kek
youtube.com/watch?v=0P8tPqneHoQ

>20 minutes, ambigous title
im not going to watch that, what does it say

Darwinism will weed out an omnivore who is too pussified to accept its place in the food chain.

Darwinism will weed out a fruigivore who's taddicted to salty corpse flesh.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/

name the trait absent in animals which if absent in humans will justify killing that human for food.

The ability to symbolize and give life meaning.

You do realise that calling meat 'corpse flesh' does absolutely nothing to advance your cause, right? You sound like a high schooler who's just worked out that water is dihydrogen monoxide.

Everyone knows what meat is. 99.99% of us don't give a fuck. If you do, it's your problem.

Aah nevermind. I read your post wrong.

Either way my point was that you can't dissolve a moral argument with biology. I wasn't arguing for or against killing anyone.

By being a vegan you're not really helping animals, you're just trying to rid yourself of personal guilt. There isn't a single chicken or cow you can point to and say; "That animal's life has been improved, partly because of me." They'll all get slaughtered and eaten, and you've done nothing for them.

In the end, being vegan is a selfish thing. You feel empathy for animals, but you're more concerned with getting rid of that negative feeling than you are for the animals themselves. You're wishing for a world without any cows or chickens, do you think the cows and chickens wish for that? They want better lives, they don't want their species to disappear.

>being vegan is a selfish thing
It's an easy way for people to inflate their ego and look down on others.
>Heh, dirty carnivores *wheeze

if you understand biology and darwinism you'll understand that animals are sentient. and the animal with the same brain as you experiences reality simmilarly to you, and exactly like you if we're talking about basic survival instincts like feeling pain.

>The ability to symbolize and give life meaning.
you understand why this is not a good answer, because we don't kill and eat retarded people who can't symbolize and give life meaning.

mild kek

Show respect to the animals you're consuming by turning their bodies into muscle and becoming a fine specimen of the pinnacle of evolution.

>By being a vegan you're not really helping animals
what is supply and demand, faggot !
>In the end, being vegan is a selfish thing. because animals wants to be stabbed to death for hamburgers.

ok

a cannibal bodybuilder is doing this somewhere, what a respectful being.

>does eating food that doesn't heal and build my body make my body deteriorate

fucking vegans lmao

huh? what makes people who don't eat animals less real than you? and what exactly is the problem with not eating animals?

#2 Yeah I got that, I misread your post before.

#1 It's morally wrong to eat horse. But it's morally right to eat pig. Even though both are animals. Why? Because the horse has more value alive than dead. That's what I meant with you can't dissolve morals in biology. Morals are determined by circumstances.

>supply and demand
Have fun trying to make a dent in the meat industry. I'm sure if vegans and vegetarians had their way meat and animal product consumption would be illegal. The only way you can enforce your braindead outlook on life is through force.
So if humans and animals are on the same level, and eating a human is just as bad as eating an animal. Then a bear who eats a human is a murderer and should be sent to prison.

kek, most animals that kill humans get shot if they're caught

It's your business what you eat. But don't be surprised when you end up malnourished. And don't throw your opinion in others faces with some holier than thou attitude.

wtf are you talking about? I have not done that. I'm perfectly nourished, thank you for your concern.

>Have fun trying to make a dent in the meat industry
we are having fun, and we're going to win even after 500 years. people in the future will look at you like you look at chinks eating dogs.
>So if ....
don't know what you mean, but i'm sure it's irrelevant. i just wanted to point out that just because you use a sentient beign's body for something useful for you doesn't justify you doing it.
i'm sure you're disgusted by a chink who eats his golden retriever for gains.

Stalling on lifts and weight loss, went vegan lost 6 pounds and gained 70lbs on my total in a bit over a month

forgot pic.
people awakening, ressource limitation to grow livestock, enviromental and health reasons, all of that will end this disgusting business

It doesn't what you should be concerned with is improving the quality of the animals life.

In fact, a) the lack of culling and b) the requirements of farm lands to farm your imported chinaman soybeans or whatever is worse at destroying natural habitats, displacing animals and ruining soil quality/natural vegetation.

I am very much into conservationism and I greatly encourage eating meats (preferably game or fish) and especially recreational hunting and fishing.

>It's morally wrong to eat horse. But it's morally right to eat pig. Even though both are animals.
in china it's "morally" right to eat dogs. how's that ? culturally right not morally right.

it's morally right to eat x, only if a you put yourself in x position and accept to be eaten
so it's ok to eat x:plants, because x here lacks sentience, i won't mind being eaten if i were not sentient
it's wrong to eat x:cow, because if i were a cow i would be sentient, with a mammalian brain that interprates pain signals like a human brain, so i refuse to be killed for hamburgers.

the vast majority of soy is used to feed livestock

>improving the quality of the animals life.
exactly, by not keeping it in captivity his whole life then stabbing him to death for burgers.

>the requirements of farm lands

>people awakening

haha

signing off to eat real food.

Lmao yeah animals also rape and eat each other too is that ok??

So once you've forced your agenda on humans how will you make other animals stop eating each other?

Chickens and a goat take up less space and cost less to maintain then the farmland needed to feed a single vegan.

What foods are they growing and how are they going to overcome the nutrient deficencies.

you need a whole area just for soy and beans and other foreign crops. Unless of course you import them which is just self-defeating.

What really needs to happen is rapid depopulation, that means scaling back international and national economies, rejuvenating local communities and a switch to a more traditional diet.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xkR2XEYEFgk

try it
if it works keep going

lol vegans

>Darwin doesn't have anything to do with morals
>survival of the fittest
It is apparent that you haven't read anything by Darwin.

Is it okay to eat a braindead person because they lack sapience and lost the potential for sapience?

I don't know, but I'm a vegetarian (I eat dairy and eggs) and as long as I take my vitamins and omega 3 I feel pretty healthy. I've been a vegetarian since I started lifting and now I deadlift 200kg, squat 190kg and bench press 120kg.

Vegetarian seems manageable because you're still getting animal protein. But vegan is just full retard.

Might be doable, there are some very good plant based protein sources, but unless you know what you're doing it will be very hard. I have problems myself with getting enough protein, it's like my whole diet is based around getting enough protein, so I can't even imagine how time consuming it would be to train on a vegan diet.

not that hard desu, nuts, tofu, seitan, beans, lentils etc.
training on a vegan diet isnt that hard or time consuming but raw food vegans are over the top

>muh appeal to nature
Veganism is stupid but pretending like something is okay because animals do it is fucking stupid.

You just have a shit diet and it has nothing to do with being a vegan. I've been a vegan for 3 years and I still feel fantastic, but I actually know about proper nutrition (studying it at uni right now) and plan my diet properly.

>200 grams of beans makes you gassy
fucking soak and cook them you god damn idiot. I eat 500+ grams of beans and lentils per day and hardly ever fart

You kill insects all the time by accident, right? So what better way to introduce yourself back to meat than by eating insects?

the question is for you, you have to prove that most meat eaters will agree to do it.
the majority of people will hang you if you touch those.
no, real carnivors will die if they don't eat meat.

you don't need animal protein, you can easily get a huge amount of protein without animal protein.
>inb4 amino acids
plant based foods have a full (albeit slightly different) amino acid profile
>inb4 bioavailibility
most plant based sources are around 65-75% compared to animal which is 95%, so you just have to eat a bit more. Also soy isolate is 95% so one shake can easily bring protein up to required levels
>inb4 soy causes gyno
no, it's a bullshit myth that has been disproved again and again

Am I mentally ill for laughing out loud at this. Really hate dogs

animals are smarter then braindead humans.

>those mental gymnastics

no, you're normal
in china

completely anecdotal but my dad started eating mostly vegan due to my brother turning into one and he's never felt better and is losing weight. A lot of vegan food is pretty filling due to the fiber

do you supplement with b12?

its hard for vegans to get bioavaliable b12 in sufficient quantities without supplementation.

id recommend going ovo vegetarian, eggs are a great nutritional source of stuff you may be missing in your diet.

too much dairy may be an issue but kefir may sort out the gut issues if you consume it regularly. (while it uses milk in the fermentation process i don't think much lactose is left if any)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefir

That works nutritionally but not so much on the moral side of things, which OP (rightly or wrongly) stated as being a factor for his veganism.

OP, nice concern trolling. You aren't a vegan, and you never were a vegan.

loads of vegan friendly foods like plant milks (soy, rice, almond, coconut etc) and yogurts are fortified with B12. I never take an actual supplement and get more than enough through those alone.

/thread

the worst part of a vegan diet is probably the lack of b12 and collagen. you could supplement those, but in the end, you will likely have better overall health being omnivorous

the body synthesizes collagen. Any collagen consumed as food is broken down into individual amino acids anyway, you don't need collagen in the diet at all.

Do you really think cows are any smarter than chickens? They're completely fucking retarded, just like all cattle. Pigs I can get though.

Holy fucking kek, vegans on suicide watch. When fringe fetishes have more staying power than your cult, you know you're a joke.

>dietary choice
>cult
pick one

Number of vegans in Britain rises by 360% in 10 years
telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/news/number-of-vegans-in-britain-rises-by-360-in-10-years/

Depends on the breed really, but yeah, most of them are completely retarded and should be treated like fish and chickens