Canned or Dried Beans?

Which one is healthier? Assuming you wash the canned ones throughly?

Dry obviously

Yes

washing doesn't do much does it?

??

No

Dried.

Canned beans often have salt and sugar added plus there is a plastic liner on the inside of the cans.

The plastic might get into your body which you obviously do not want.

Dry beans have lectine in them, which is toxic. You need to soak and cook them first before you can eat them.

I'm still working on mealprepping, but I'm pretty sure you can buy black beans by the 25lbs bag, which should be pretty cheap

But dried beans always come in plastic bags...?

Fuck soaking beans overnight and dealing with all that bullshit. I'll keep my canned beans thank you very much you hippie fucks

/thread

Yeah but there not soaked in water so plastic cant leak into it

Yes so they will also have some plastic on them.

However wet beans inside a can will have a bigger chance of containing plastic becaude ots inside a liquid filled can, constantly in contact with the plastic.

Avoiding plastic is very hard these days sadly.

Dry is better and way cheaper. And while soaking reduces cook time a little it isn't really necessary, at least for thin skin beans like kidney, black, and pinto. Just rinse and put 'em on the stove.

>I am so inept and lazy that I cannot put some beans in a pot of water before I go to bed and that means I'm cooler than people who do

>theres people in this thread that thinks eating straight up dry beans is a good idea

Dried beans are cheaper and without any additives. All it takes is forethought to soak the beans.

canned beans have been soaking for months. i discovered after a lot of trial and error that canned beans are honestly better unless you want to commit yourself to constantly nurturing a pot of soaking beans. it honestly takes several days to get a good soak activation and you have to change the water multiple times a day

Nigga if you're poor just buy that shit dry and cook em, you don't even have to soak them, look it up. If you're a rich fatcat capitalist buy canned.

What the fuck is going on in this thread?

>buy canned beans
>rinse them thoroughly with hot water
>boil them for an hour or stirfry until soft like butter

for the perfect bean, to destroy all the antinutrients. my recipes have next to no farting. dry beans will make you fart constantly if they aren't soaked properly

are you seriously dense you think buying a can of beans is expensive? have you ever bought one?

It's more expensive than buying dry where I live and pretty sure everywhere else in the world. Not by a lot obviously, they're fucking beans, but still...

If you just lightly mash beans, you get rid of the fart property.

Wait you have to soak them overnight? I thought you just boil them

How much does a can of beans cost opposed to a bag of dry beans cost where you live?

>have you ever bought one?
Yes one when making chili, which I don't do very often

Not when it's gonna be a staple in my diet. shit gets expensive fast
Lrn2chew

You're gonna have to boil them for like 5 hours or some shit. It sucks. Just buy canned beans. There are canned beans out there that got really low sodium too, like organic ones or whatever. If you're that fucking poor you can't even afford a can of beans you might aswell eat fucking gravel and dogshit.

>gravel and dogshit
Not everyone can enjoy your mother's cooking, user.

SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E

Stay DYEL poorfag

>doesn't deny it

Dark red kidney beans, rinse them, boil 5-10 minutes and add them in protein pasta. Cheap tasty dish, throw some grated cheese on it and whatever red sauce. I've been eating that for awhile for mad gains. 4 servings of pasta is 800 calories 40 grams of protein, throw in the beans there's 60 grams(cans usually only have 2 servings but they say three) and the cheese is extra

le pepe

This user gets it. The only thing that should be soaked overnight are almonds.

you are right about the salt and sugar but the amount of sugar is so minimal.
A whole can of baked beans for example has less than 20g of sugar. 20g for a whole can, I think a aduld body can stomache that amount easily even on a cut.

too much salt is also a meme, its not like you or anyone else here needs to pay attention to his salt intake because he has to prepare for a show or w/e.

There is no need for added sugar.

Also adding salt is not optimal, why would you add unnecessary stuff.

Canned beans have less protein that regularly cooked beans. The canning reduces the protein content, somehow.

Dried beans must be soaked before cooking, otherwise their are superior.

Pic related, cooked this today with some cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, and black pepper.

You're referring to the preservation process.
Anything that has been preserved in liquid has a lower nutritional amount due to the fact that slowly it is oozing out it's macros/micros into the liquid.
While most of the nutrients are still there, there are chemical processes which can remove certain macros/micros naturally over time within the food source.
A can of beans for instance made that day (and somehow that exact same day delivered to your house) would have more nutrients than one that makes a two week trip across the country and sits on a shelf for another week.

Fruits generally see the most decay, a reason why bananas are often shipped while they are still green int he hopes they will be ripe in a store.
however for a strawberry sold by poundage. It has nowhere the amount of nutritional benefit as one picked up off a bush.

The downside for beans is there are a few micros that are lost entirely when they are dehydrated.
While the micro is still seen on a molecular level (sometimes) the chemical interaction via enzymes has long since left.

Well, micros are micros, you need them in small amounts. Dried beans still have decent micros. Dried beans still have a lot of potassium, manganese, copper, and magnesium.

How often do you get to change out the water while your canned beans are soaking for months?

Canned are alright.
Dried will have a high variety and better chance of finding some god-tier beans.

While we are on topic, is it normal for color to leach out of black beans while you are soaking them? Some of the beans looked as if they lost color. Are they dyed or something?