>Feeling watched because only lifting bar
>Do whole first time 5x5 workout
>Hope I did it all right
>Clean up and leave without being noticeable
>Nice, am proud
>Try to go home
>Holy fucking shit I'm sore
>I didn't even put on weights, it was the fucking bar

I didn't ask anyone to spot me either because I was only lifting the bar and FUCK I don't want to try that social interaction as a physically inferior specimen

Proud of you, OP, keep it up. You will see the gains in time.

no one gives a fuck about anyone new at the gym if you are a guy anyways

Good job man. Next time you'll do more weight and you'll be one step closer to your goals. It's all about consistency and perseverance.

You did good. Now do it again. Practice your form and forget the ego. With consistent training and diet you can hit 1/2/3/4 for 5 in a year, but good form takes precedent over everything

Good job. Don't worry about the people at the gym...some will judge you positively and some negatively. Majority won't even see you. Just tell yourself "I'm fucking here for the fucking weights." And then lift Em.

Things worth doing are never easy user or everyone would be doing it, keep that shit up

Bro. I'm proud of you. You were autistic, scared, and you felt like everything was about to go horribly wrong.
But you pulled through it all. You managed under extreme self-pressure and stress, and you did your first 5x5 ever. Even if it's just the bar it's better than going home never doing it.
I want to give you a hug for being so courageous. Many people would've just put their tail in between their legs and gone home, but not you. You put your tail in between your legs and hit the gym.

I've never felt so proud for a stranger over the Internet. I'm not used to this feel.

Your first time will be very sore
The next time you go it will be significantly less so

Also, you'll find that there's more friendly people in the gym who might be willing to share a tip with you than dicks.

Dicks just tend to stand out.

What the fuck?Is this bizarro Veeky Forums ?

It takes time, by day 500 you'll already be jacked !

great work OP, proud of you.

Look at this fag

fucking kek

fuck off
good job OP keep going

Do you have a snaek in yer buut?

Post pictures of current body

I started benching with the bar at 6'2 140lb skele about 8 months ago - that was just the bar and I felt ashamed doing less weight than 100lb girls for a month.

Now I'm at 170lb, with 185lb bench. Not 'OMG SO STRONG' by any means, but I'm probably stronger than the average person. You'll get there too, but only by doing this day by day.

Keep going.

Uni Gyms are for the athletes, fuck off nigger.

we all start somewhere, keep at it big dog proud of u

uni gyms are for all students

Sounds like a great day 1! Keep pushing through. Day 100 will feel great.

Don't give up, OP. You'll get stronger. The only people who judge beginners are scum. There's always someone at the gym that's bigger than you, and as off Day 2, there's almost someone there that'll think you're big, Don't worry about either.

Fuck off.

you made it to the gym, despite weather and social anxiety and fucking DID IT

YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE IT MAN.

that's more terrifying than anything user, keep it going bro, you got it.

Fuck off nigger, this is normal Veeky Forums

First step to greatness. Push through the pain, the initial "I can't move my arms" or "my legs are fucked" goes and the gainz get better and better.

You have begun a beautiful journey.

That's some good shit OP, well done.

Every time you go in you'll feel more comfortable. More like you belong. Anyone who's worth a damn in that gym is going to notice you adding weight. Those grumpy looking fuckers you think are judging you are probably nodding to themselves when you aren't looking, knowingly.

>Source: Someone who couldn't squat the bar and just hit 3pl8 1.7 months later and is a grumpy looking fucker.

kek. 1.7 years later*

Me too OP. I did my first workout in 2 years today. FPH threads have been for me self hate threads too. But not anymore OP. From this day on we will not back down from our ambitions. We've already gone too far to go back. The bridge is crumbling behind us. Failure is not an option for death is the alternative.

you can do it!

I'm fucking proud of you! You are clearly going to make it!

Well done OP.
Just be urself and bench 200lbs next time ;^)

Veeky Forums you're a beautifully aesthetic kunt.
We're all going to make it.

I started today too. I had the same experience too. Remember, it's a process, the people around you haven't always been able to do that.

Op listen to me.
EVERYOME IN THAT GYM was proud of you.
Even me an i have a shitty rep around here

that your girl, masT?

just stick with it homie
we all want you to make it because we know you can

This is eerily close to my experience with lifting as a beginner some 3 years ago
>we are all gonna make it

No one actually cares. You may feel judged but nobody goes to the gym just go look at other people and think shit about them. Nobody cares as long as you're attempting to improve yourself.

Remember: It doesn't matter where you start, it matters where you end.

why you force yourself on this board so hard

Lel your girl looks exactly like yoy. Same nose same lips same eyebrows. What a fuckin narcissist

Good job user, head on back tomorrow.

Well done, OP.