/plg/ Powerlifting General

Welcome to /plg/!

>Keep it on topic edition

Primarily for the discussion of powerlifting, but discussion of general barbell training is also welcome.

>External Link:
powerliftinggeneral.com

Threadly Reminders

>You could use more bench volume - no your bench is not impressive
>Don't neglect biceps and calves (maybe)
>If you're under 105, you are a certified twink
>Try Harder
>This is the worst /plg/ ever

If you have any administrative concerns, please contact Fat Retard !!ypBEXJGAhOa. We hope you had a great day, and that tomorrow is also great.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BJ0axnYAJj9/
instagram.com/p/BBSxqmwyrbh/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=z0-j0614o34
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HrC17wJeDtE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, you do a top set of 5 at say 100kg, then on Friday you do top for of 102.5kg for 3, and the following Monday you do that 102.5kg top set for 5.

I've never ran a program with easier squat progression. The rop set of 3 was always a walk in the park for me. My bench started strong but I quickly plateud so watch out for that.

instagram.com/p/BJ0axnYAJj9/

>#BlakeWhatsYours

HOW WILL HANCOCK EVER RECOVER?

Who?

Kek

instagram.com/p/BBSxqmwyrbh/

Any deadlift tips guys?

>#BlakeWhatsYours
USAPL bringing the bants

Beautiful form

Nothing wrong with it

Keep on deadlifting exactly like that

Never change it

>tfw pause deadlifts felt like shit today
>tfw 95% rack pulls felt great afterwards
I don't know what to feel anymore

Thanks man, I think my form is better when I don't wear a belt too.

i'm really triggered when bros call beltless lifting 'raw'

to answer your question from the last thread, i'm doing weekly periodization for a while, and when i'm up to ~400/325/450 i'll do more DUP work

ESME
365/315/425 current maxes

What's your bodyweight? Mirin' that bench

But it is raw, I didn't use any lifting equipment whatsoever not even chalk.

Why am I a bro?

You raise your legs much faster than you engage your back. You practically turn your diddly into a lower back movement. It may be possible you have a strength imbalance comparing your back/posterior chain to your quads.
I suggest deficit diddlys focusing on engaging quads and maybe front squats if you already aren't.

So go for 82.5 for 3 on third session?

Trip on homosexual Alex from plg

Yea, it's really easy. You're nowhere near as fatigued as you were on SS. You'll be surprised at how easy the weight moves up.

Like I said, best squat program I've ever run, for me.
Granted I am a short armed, short femured abomination from what I can tell.

I hope so, I'll get eating and push for it. Bulking season is upon us.

Nice lad, how much in kg?

Eating pizza tonight lads, does this make me chad?

raw was a reactionary term against the increasing use of lifting suits in the sport. 'powerlifting' implied the use of single or multi-ply suits a la westside, while 'raw' implied only a belt and wrist wraps.

'beltless' means you don't have a belt.
so while it technically is raw, when bros say beltess is 'raw' they're implying belted lifting ISN'T 'raw' and that triggers me

those numbers were 193 but i'm at 204 right now kek, idk what happened to my bench it just kept going up for six months from 275 to 315. probably all the assistance work though

Only if you do it while we're at the gym. Lifting at 7:30 est tonight. Make sure you time it well.

>204
Congrats on barely not being a twink. I'll get there one day. Were you gaining lots of weight when your bench shot up like that?

I don't even think you need to eat that big to progress on a program like madcow honestly, maybe partially above maintenance, by like 200 calories perhaps?
I do know for certain that whether you're cutting or bulking it shouldn't effect preformance when lifting, as long as you eat heartedly beforehand.

I'll link you the RTS video if you want it and if I can find it.

What is this program

Whats a good 12 week program focusing mainly on squats?

Mad cow 5x5

I need to say this is assuming you calculated your TDEE taking into account energy expended through lifting and cardio, otherwise your basic TDEE may out you in a deficit in reality.

I guess it matters a lot because of my fatigue. I have to be well rested and well fed every time otherwise I'm just shit.

That'll pass though. Yeah post the vid if you find it

>knee pain back in full force, exacerbated when I do the rehab shit with people at work
>fucked up my shoulder benching today on babbyweight

God dammit. Why is it that when something good happens to me something terrible has to happen at the same time?

Candito 6 week is really good for squats. It is at a really high rpe though, so make sure you don't have much form breakdown before running it.

Just take some time off to recover. There is no harm in taking a break for your health. What exactly did you do to your shoulder?

>for your health
Quality post

Sorry to hear that.. How is the rehab exacerbating your knee pain?

I've definitely been under eating. I'm sticking to relatively healthy but eating loads

I just took two weeks off two weeks ago and have just been fucking around with fairly easy workouts since I came back.
Idk I was benching and it felt a little tight on the eccentric, which moved to actual pain on the concentric. Stretched it out and did some rear delt stuff then came back after knocking the weight down about 20lbs and it felt even worse. Icing it now.

It's weird, I used to be the same way, good sessions were rare and I'd feel shit a LOT. I chalked it down to sleep but it actually turned out I had an iron deficiency because I only really ate fish and no other meat for many months. I did occasionally have other meats and I ate iron rich beans daily but the beans weren't enough.

Since eating chicken breast each / every other day I no longer have this issue at all. I feel good most sessions unless I'm ill or slept 1 hour or soemthing.

I know you're vegan or vegetarian or something along those lines, take that into consideration.

My issue lasted almost 8 months or something before I realised.

>Ogden myklebust got popped for steroids

Not fucking surprised t b h senpai

Now we just wait for Bryce Lewis to pop

I'll look into slamming a green smoothie on a morning and get some supps. Good shout

Shit in the movement screen makes my knees feel wonky every time I do them and I've been screening like 7-8 people a day so far. The overhead squat and the in-line lunge particularly make them sore. Even when actual loaded squats usually were fine. But once my knees start getting this pain any kind of squatting starts hurting them.

why cant i deadlift lads

it was just trt

>I do know for certain that whether you're cutting or bulking it shouldn't effect preformance when lifting, as long as you eat heartedly beforehand.

It may not affect that session, but it will invariably slow your recovery rate.

may have been iron deficiency amongst other deficiencies such as lack of b12, which is a real bitch.

Everything in moderation, doesn't matter if you under ear one day, over eat the next, no damage done.

Gl with eating more though, I'm in a very similar situation currently.

That's steroids lol

When I find the video from Mike T I'll link you and let you set your opinion based of what he says and not what I parrot.

Supplements aren't a fix for a poor diet, taking a range of supplements won't really do much, you really should only bother with supplements if it's something you're really deficient in like iron. Supplementing a variety of vitamins and menial and not very effective.

I'd sort your diet before your supplement staked personally.

>when your friend nikolai is sad about his deadlift
I think you're a good deadlifter, probably just messed up your peak.

Wear your knee sleeves at work, kek

whyy are all the jobs available "we take anyone who hasn't killed anyone in the the past two years" or "yeah you've got to be from oxford or it's a no"

where are my middle of the road qualifications jobbs ree I want more than minimum wage

Not the video I wanted to originally link but related
m.youtube.com/watch?v=z0-j0614o34
He basically says proper nutrition helps you not feel shit for training

Unless your issue isn't diet related, I not sure if it is, if it's meds, could be anything.

Many minerals in plants are phythate bound and wont be absorbed by the human digestive system, "green smoothie" wont help.

dont say my name wtf

Poor Nicole

Does /plg/ take any supplements? Which ones would you recommend?

166/143/193

not much weight gain. maybe 5lbs. a lot of fat for sure, cause my dieting is complete shit

Fish oil, vitamin d and HMB-FA ONLY

look into just eating chicken you hippy

Fuck off this is a natty general.

Iron (low dose).
Fish oil (when I remember to).
Magnesium.

Das eet.

I'll get some eggs from local farm. The chickens there are chilling so it's all good. I've fed them, they're so funny. I'm sure the farmer would appreciate the cash too

125test 600eq 400deca 40var 100mk677

What fish oil do you take? Fish oil capsules give me acne, do you recon I should drink the oil like a savage?

I hear those test supplements are real great for you

Sorry Mr. Tesla.

5 lbs gained for 40 on bench is pretty solid regardless.

why don't you want to eat meat? Just curious,

>166/143/193
>143/193
Can you reach your dick or do you have to bend over when you masturbate?

>HMB-FA
Is this legit in any way? Looks like a cash grab.

;-;. Feel better friend

Lmao no

Taking a bunch my dad recommended for a week and a half now. DHA, L-Tryptophan, Fish oil concentrate (EPA + DHA), Acetyl-L-Carnitine, and 5-HTP. Only one I've seen recommended here is the fish oil.

Phils semen , 500cc/day

trip on ssb

Whatever is cheap. Sorry they cause issues for you. I don't get acne, so you should talk to a dermatologist.

If you can get HMB-FA I will buy it from you for whatever price you want

Is the muscle tech product not any good?

It sucks, I wanna take them but I break out, as soon as I stop I'm acne free.
I heard it was the capsules that give you acne, and not the fish oil itself.

Don't know if I can see myself drinking fish oil...

You can only buy HMB, HMB-FA is not on the market. All the amazing results you see in the studies are from HMB-FA, not commercially available HMB.

It's only a tablespoon. Just gotta do it quick. Watch your vitamin A levels though.

it's funny cause for deadlifts it's usually the other way around where i'll gain deadlift strength as i lose bodyweight. which makes sense cause belly fat is just dead weight anyway

lol what? my gut isn't unreasonably large yet

fish oil seems to be the general consensus. also, i notice you've mentioned your dad in regards to lifting at least twice now. what does he do?

I might do it, maybe take it once every other day for the sake of not ODing accidentally

Because I've always loved animals and I don't like the idea of something suffering so much its whole life just for me to eat it. If I could just hunt game and I was a good shot then I'd rather just get my own meat. But I can't so I'm not going to. But yeah that's enough about that.

Is HMB not worth it instead? Seems like good reviews and considering its only $20CAD for 90 caps of it... Is it just placebo?

I know that feel. I pulled 408 in meet at 163.

Now after bulking to 181 or so I'm only at a max of around 440, maybe 450.

He's saying you have manlet arms.

You have to take 3 caps a day, so it's a months work for $20cad. I wish it was that cheap round here, it's like £30 for tablets.

Not a lot of evidence to support HMB being worthwhile, but a fair amount to support HMB-FA.
Don't waste your money IMO

He used to lift, stopped a few years ago due to work getting out of hand. Been getting him back into it. His PRs were 500/345/505 @6', 235. Now he's a literal skeleton, 6', 135. He's a doctor too, so I trust his opinion with a lot of things.

Guys, I've started doing 6 reps and 3 reps after spending a year doing only doing a max of 3x3 and i dont think i can hack the cardio. After the 3rd rep I'm out of breath and cant catch my breath.
What do? I don't want to resort to having to step on a treadmill...

for 58usd you can be on 125mg test and 200mg deca for 20 weeks, you most likely won't need an ai or any caber at that dose unless you are fat.

I'm not ready to be a /fraud/ yet. I'm only 21

What exactly constitutes"fat"?

Over 15% or over 20%?

Same desu. Happens to me every cycle.

I like to do """cardio""" by taking 65-70% for triples with one minute rest until I am dying. I think it helps.

It's a shame but if that's how you feel you need to understand some sacrifices to your quality of life will have to be made. You could always eat meat in moderation and feel moderately guilty lol.

But its your choice, find a work around that you can get behind, there's always another way out of a bad situation.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HrC17wJeDtE

I believe this was it? I can't remember it was months ago. I first mentioned the video on April 9th and it was uploaded on April 1st
>inb4 it was an April fools video all along

there are no studies that show permanent shutdown from steroids and you can always get legal trt when you get older if you want to.

somewhere between

well i'm 5'6" so

H Y P E
did he compete or what? what's his structure like for his squat to be so close to deadlift lol

what's your height?

Do some 5x10s for a bit, should get you sorted out. Start really light.

18%+

Actually, think his deadlift was 510, and everything was done beltless, wrapless, etc. Oh well, doesn't really matter all that much.

I can get eggs, plus they'll be really decent ones so that should keep me well. Plus I have my protein shakes and black beans.

Cheers for the vid

5'11

To be fair when I pulled 408 at 163 I really weighed 170 and just water cut to 163 for the meet. Still feels nice to say I got 2.5x bw deadlift.

I wish he competed, lmao. They're gym maxes. He didn't squat to depth, so accounting for depth, he's probably good for 450ish.

theoatmeal
com
/comics/unhappy

Between my fucking asscheeks its an a or b question.

Over 15% is fat then?

Maybe do a little research as to what you're deficient in. My guess is iron and B12. Try supplementing these 2 things for a while and see if your feels improve. If not consult your GP because (s)he's smart and I'm not.

yes but you should still have an ai and caber and nolva/letro on hand just incase. the initial cost is "high" but after that is it cheap

>tfw will never meet my perquisites to sit on my giant pile of happiness
What do I neeeeed? Is it a 500lbs bench or a qt3.14 gf?

I only take fish oil and triple magnesium (contains iron and other goodstuffs), but should probably take C-vit as well for lack of veggies.
Maybe you need to not want it.

Definition of caber
: pole; especially : a young tree trunk used for tossing as a trial of strength in a Scottish sport

???

Ain't that the truth, ain't that the damn truth.