ABOUT LINK-SIBOS

So SIBOS is in 3 days.

The price of LINK has been bouncing between 40-45 cents for just about two weeks now.
Let's assume the price stays that way until SIBOS.

Therefore:

1) There are a lot of people currently holding who bought around the current price over the past two weeks.
> They will obviously not start selling at/after SIBOS if the price remains constant.

2) Then there are also a large number of whales and whale-lets who are still holding from the ICO.
They have had two weeks to sell at the current price (40-45 cents), but didn't.
Whales tend not to gamble, so they are likely not waiting around for a flash pump just hours from SIBOS, when they had two weeks to sell at 4x their buy-in price.
> They will also not start selling at/after SIBOS if the price remains constant.

Then there are the people who bought in somewhere between the ICO price and the current price.
Again, these people must have bought in over twee weeks ago, since the price of LINK has remained around 40-45 cents for two weeks.
> They will likely not start selling at/after SIBOS if the price remains constant.

So if the price stays constant, chances are good there will be no retarded "sell da noos" dump around/after SIBOS. (even though there is no news to sell)

If a flash pump does occur, you could reasonably expect a flash dump too, with very good support at around 30-35 cents if things go badly enough.

Other urls found in this thread:

www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GAC15_Technological_Tipping_Points_report_2015.pdf#page=24
capgemini.com/consulting/wp-content/uploads/sites/30/2017/07/smart-contracts.pdf
swift.com/node/39911
youtu.be/euEzTEAbZpA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BUT DON'T FORGET:
"Buy the rumor, sell the news" never applied to SIBOS, because there have been no rumors to buy, and there is no news to sell.
I am merely anticipating stupidity with this thread.
Because you see, we have always known exactly what was going to happen at SIBOS: LINK is to be the ONLY crypto company to get invited to do a demo for/with SWIFT. The marketing opportunity this presents is on its own HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.

What we CAN expect is for the LINK team to finally break their radio silence post-SIBOS.

SELL THE MOTHERFUCKING NEWS

What news?

Bought back in at 7.5k sats. Not perfect, but got myself 24k LINK.

All I have to do now is wait

Sibos is literally nothing
A few poor people having a conference
They only allow people who are already part of swift to attend

So its literally just preaching to the choir

>They only allow people who are already part of swift to attend
You mean like the bulk of the global finance industry?

Whales were constantly lowering the price

They will drop it to $0.25 after SIBOS for ultimate weak hand shakedown

>Whales were constantly lowering the price
Then how come the price is still around 45 cents? With a very slight uptrend these past two weeks?

>A few poor people having a conference

Kek, this was actually the worst Sibos I've seen and we had to go through a week of toilet memes.

>this was actually the worst Sibos I've seen
>was

Give me a break my dude, I'm typing from my iPhone listening to the rain.

the rumor is the anouncement after they stop being silent for so long
we'll see if we have to sell the news

Yeah but "this is the worst Sibos I've seen" makes even less sense.

There haven't been any announcements in the weeks leading up to SIBOS, any announcements they put out are going to be beneficial to the price.

I meant to say this is the worst Sibos FUD I've seen so far

Yeah absolute trash metro toronto convention centre is where the furrys afford to have their annual meet ups and they get better section than beside the toilet

For something so revolutionary its just a giant circle jerk

>almost every reply itt is a shitpost

I'll bump again when Australians are asleep I guess.

>its just a giant circle jerk
It's banking...
Just stop talking retard.

if there is no news, I personally will dump my LINK, what the point keeping the fund at 40-45 until next sibos?

>"if there is news, I'll sell da news"
>"if there is no news, I'll sell da no news"

Go to bed.

We already knew this and it hasn't crossed your mind to sell before at 10k sats?

>until next sibos
Kek, just sell right now please

I don't understand people that buy coins without doing any research.

Only death will part me from my LINKs. I was also worried about a PnD on the news, but it doesn't appear it's coming. Bitcoin has been fucking with the entire alt market; it's very confused.

If there was a concentrated PnD on this, you'd be seeing shilling everywhere to hype up SIBOS, but you don't and the coin has remained stable. I think your prediction is correct, if there's a new floor it won't be much lower than what it is now.

People are starting to realize what potential LINK has, how it really could be a ticket to riches.

>Only death will part me from my LINKs
an emotional and monogamous marriage to a coin.

Better than what you got.

I love how deluded linkies are. Why the FUCK is it tanking so much if it was as revolutionary product as people claim
>pic fucking related lmao

Nah, here m8.

Couldn't have put it better myself pal

That chart shows the LINK-BTC pair.
If you hadn't noticed, BTC is mooning like crazy right now.

The dollar price of LINK is still 44 cents, around the same level it has been for almost two weeks (with a very slight uptrend).

kek it's almost as if BTC surged and every coin dumped, those deluded linkies lmaooo

Link will be under 5cents very soon. It is literally worthless, a couple pothead coders spent a few years coding a test oracle lmao. WAKE THE FUCK UP. Even if their oracles work, the paypouts will be micro fractions of transaction gas LMFAO! you have lost your minds.

I bought at the same price... Iron hands here

Corker of a post, mate.

Allow me to enlighten you, user.

- beastly use case
>(mainstream fucking smart contracts)

- rock-solid fundamentals
>(peer-reviewed white paper featuring Ari Juels)

- practically finished working product
>(v1.0 of network done)

- major partnerships and endorsements
>(SWIFT, Cornell, Gartner, WEF, ...)

- massive marketing event coming up at SIBOS
>(invited by SWIFT as the ONLY external crypto dev to do a demo)

- sky-high interest from some of the biggest players in global economics
>SWIFT, WEF, Capgemini all underlining the importance of smart contracts and mentioning Chainlink/Smartcontract.com by name

Sources for this last bullet point:

WEF: www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GAC15_Technological_Tipping_Points_report_2015.pdf#page=24
World economic forum talking about smart contracts and crypto as a technological tipping point, specifically mentioning Chainlink/Smartcontract.com by name

Capgemini: capgemini.com/consulting/wp-content/uploads/sites/30/2017/07/smart-contracts.pdf
Massive consultancy and IT firm Capgemini devoting an entire report to the importance of smart contracts, specifically mentioning Chainlink/Smartcontract.com and Sergey Nazarov by name as the only providers of a smart contract solution that can use external data

SWIFT: swift.com/node/39911
SWIFT itself saying how "Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and Smart Contracts (SC) promise to transform automation in the financial industry, and are generating huge interest amongst financial institutions and technology providers."

tl;dr not only are the very biggest global economic players tripping over themselves to adopt blockchain tech, they are specifically lusting after smart contracts, AND mentioning Chainlink/Smartcontract.com specifically.

right now its just another useless token that doesn't do anything but blow hot air though LOL

smart contracts tiny part of market, oracles even smaller part of market, what oracles get is tiny fraction of GAS, hardly anything even with billions flowing through which is unlikely. LOTS of people working on oracles, chainlink is not some god of oracles, as a coder I don't see anything difficult here AT ALL. good luck when the hype cycle is over.

>Hodling shitcoins
shiggy

>smart contracts tiny part of market

stopped reading

it's the idea + advisors + partnerships that is giving it lots of support

Oh and don't take my word for it, even Vitalik Buterin says oracles are 'cool' but worthless. Dude's IQ is off the charts, so I defer to him.

Except without the token, there would be no decentralized network.

Just like there wouldn't be hundreds of thousands of full Bitcoin nodes if it weren't for the monetary value.

>smart contracts tiny part of market

WEF: www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GAC15_Technological_Tipping_Points_report_2015.pdf#page=24
World economic forum talking about smart contracts and crypto as a technological tipping point, specifically mentioning Chainlink/Smartcontract.com by name

Capgemini: capgemini.com/consulting/wp-content/uploads/sites/30/2017/07/smart-contracts.pdf
Massive consultancy and IT firm Capgemini devoting an entire report to the importance of smart contracts, specifically mentioning Chainlink/Smartcontract.com and Sergey Nazarov by name as the only providers of a smart contract solution that can use external data

SWIFT: swift.com/node/39911
SWIFT itself saying how "Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and Smart Contracts (SC) promise to transform automation in the financial industry, and are generating huge interest amongst financial institutions and technology providers."

tl;dr not only are the very biggest global economic players tripping over themselves to adopt blockchain tech, they are specifically lusting after smart contracts, AND mentioning Chainlink/Smartcontract.com specifically.

or swift just buys out chainlink, replaces link token with eth as payments for node operators= oh look no need for shitty token

>"I trust an autistic shut-in savant turned billionaire overnight to know the value of money"

Dude, he has to take his father with him when he goes shopping because he doesn't have the faintest idea of money.

pure bred autism

>replaces link token with eth as payments for node operators
Why?
There would be zero difference to the users.

Also, Chainlink works with multiple blockchains; so it makes perfect sense for the payment method to be dissociated to a degree from the underlying blockchain, and to represent the value of the system itself rather than the value of the underlying blockchain that is influenced by many other systems.

you dont need an arbitrary token. u can get paid in bitcoin or eth, and transfer that to dollars if u care. it would be same if u wanted dollars from ur link token, just sell it. literally 0 need for another currency just to complicate things

>u can get paid in bitcoin or eth
Why?
There would be zero difference to the users.

Also, Chainlink works with multiple blockchains; so it makes perfect sense for the payment method to be dissociated to a degree from the underlying blockchain, and to represent the value of the system itself rather than the value of the underlying blockchain that is influenced by many other systems.

oh, u are just parroting a line that u found somewhere without actually getting my point,
have fun bag carrying useless token

Well you simply ignored it when I posted it the first time, and repeated the points that I refuted.

>that u found somewhere
Except I just wrote that line.
Google that line. Search for it in the archives.

>There would be zero difference to the users.
so why dont we just make up USD version 2? cos its complicating USD
>why dont we make up another arbitrary currency like LINK to complicate payments?

>so why dont we just make up USD version 2?
Because that would require built-in conversion systems.
Much easier and faster to simply start using tokens from the node level onwards.

whales might be afraid of other whales countering this....i dont think all whales are in the same group or if they are not afraid from betrayal

>replaces link token with eth as payments for node operators
Node operators of what network exactly?
Because without LINK there is no ChainLink network = no decentralization.

You stake the LINK for +rep as an oracle you fucking retard

>>why dont we make up another arbitrary currency like LINK to complicate payments?
So why do any of the ERC20 currencies exist you fucking mong? Why does OMG exist lol, you can just send ETH payments.
Because Ethereum by itself cannot do any of those things. It's just a platform upon which you build those functionalities.

kys

is there an app where i can buy LINK?

If the link thesis is that swift is going to adopt a brand new project and make a bunch of internet guys rich then you are going to be disappointed.

Probably the same reason your shitcoin is.

>a brand new project
>in the works before Ethereum was launched
Choose one

>brand new project and make a bunch of internet guys rich

Yea that never happened before

>a brand new project
1) the concept of smart contracts is older than crypto
2) see Massive financial industry players have mentioned Smartcontract.com (= Chainlink) by name in 2015 (WEF) and in 2016 (Capgemini).
And these are just examples.

just stake ethereum instead, no need for link still

deluded linkies...
just kill yourselves

btfo lmao

We have ids.

fantastic, i just pointed that he had no rebuttal for my argument, twisting the knife in the wound, btfo

Okay kid.

>brand new project and make a bunch of internet guys rich

wow this has certainly never happened

great rebuttal, have fun holding link bags lol

Bow down niggers. youtu.be/euEzTEAbZpA

white paper full of promise that leaves a bunch of lol bagholders been happening much more often

Your meme arrow is the wrong way around

>working product that works so well it got invited by SWIFT to be demo'd at one of the world's biggest finance conferences
>"promises"

There can be only one.

everything you wrote seems good, bit this is crypto.
pepper your anguses

But ripple has Ben bernake!!!!

SELL THE NEWS YA DUMBFUCK

linkies gonna fuck everything up.

What news?
Also, what was then the rumor?