/PLG/ Powerlifting General

Welcome to /plg/ Episode 132 Chapter 8

Primarily for the discussion of Westside Barbell Training™, but discussion of shitposting generally ensues .

>External Link:
instagram.com/jhaack181/

Threadly Reminders

>Brett Gibbs is no longer IPF approved, you've been warned
>If you aren't doing reverse band, chain, slingshot, bench block, 3 second paused bench presses than you won't ever bench 3pl8
>Don't neglect forearms and progressively overload your SI injury
>If you're over 106, you could do with a cut
>There is no try, Do Harder
>This is still better than /r/fitness

If you have any HR concerns, please contact WorthlessBro !TeaJew4OTk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6rRfS49JG6c
instagram.com/p/BJ16qWtDv7G/
out.reddit.com/t3_50p32h?url=http://strengtheory.com/lats-in-the-deadlift/&token=AQAA92nJV_sJzqMa7KxPpkBSQ35lDggrQ6c_9iUTGvoDBolVJiLi
strengtheory.com/lats-in-the-deadlift/)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What did Gibbs do? Get popped? Decided to finally be open about his use? Competed in another fed?

How does /plg/ feel about trap-bar deadlifts?
they look really fun but i wanna know how you all feel about them in terms of contribution/carry over to deadlift and squat

He came 2nd

It's a good variation that has great carry over to deadlift/squat

Very little carryover to either.

Great carryover to jumping and sprinting though.

Never got any real carryover to either from them. Too upright to help the deadlift much, too high and narrow to help my squat much.

>>Brett Gibbs is no longer IPF approved, you've been warned
i really don't care lol
>>If you aren't doing reverse band, chain, slingshot, bench block, 3 second paused bench presses than you won't ever bench 3pl8
If you don't have good technique, don't bench 3+ times a week, actively train your chest triceps and delts in addition to good specific bench volume, you won't bench anything impressive. literally anyone can bench 3pl8 C'MON
>>Don't neglect forearms and progressively overload your SI injury
yeah
>>If you're over 106, you could do with a cut
if you're over 105, stop deluding yourself, you're fat, no questions
>>There is no try, Do Harder
do smart
>>This is still better than /r/fitness
objectivity is unquestionable

>If you have any HR concerns, please contact WorthlessBro !TeaJew4OTk

he isn't even a real trip anymore, he just shitposts about things and keeps all the other trips connected

Are you strong enough to get half or full blues from oxford university?

i mean if you're trap bar deadlifting 6pl8 wouldn't you also be able to deadlift 6pl8?

everybody cares about your opinion

No.

For the same reason that just because you can rack pull 6plate doesn't mean you can deadlift it.

>being this autistic

If you can trap bar deadlift 6pl8 you'd most likely be able to deadlift 4-5pl8 as long as you've done some direct deadlift form work

why can't I get my core tight when deadlifting?

I can brace fine when I'm squatting but I feel like I can't brace when I'm deadlifting

How can I adapt sheiko 3day for bench, considering I have pretty short arms and my sticking point is 1-2 inches above chest. My max is 110kg at 80kg.

I was thinking about adding a bunch of board presses (ill just add a 15kg plate as gym has no boards) for overcoming my sticking point. Working sets of 2/3 x 3 at 85/90% once a week would be ok?

Also, does anyone here do bench work with chains, bands or pin presses and what specific weakness to they target? It's all related to speed off the chest?

They can all be used to target different weaknesses, depending on how they're used.

Try breathing at the top. C When i am in the bottom position in deadlift i cant get a full breath of air.

Also check Gibbs's deadlift vid:
youtube.com/watch?v=6rRfS49JG6c

instagram.com/p/BJ16qWtDv7G/
>hilarious trainwreck edition

Good news: hamstrings and hips are totally recovered from whatever AIDS I had for 8 months.
Bad news: HAHAHA LOOK AT THAT RETARDED HITCHING

ok thanks I'll try that out

Doing deadlifts at the moment.

How does your lower back feel while resting between deadlifts? I don't know what the feeling is, it's not pain.

Tightness?

Yeah I think so.

This is why my deadlift is shit desu. Anxiety over the smallest feeling

>tfw gymbro loads up the exact weight I'm deadlifting for bench
>he quarter reps it

So i got in a car crash and was in a coma for a week, is memeralda still posting or should i go back to the coma and try again next week?

This will help

There is no innervation in your vertebral disks. The only time you'll ever get pain from spine damage is when its too late and already bulging. It will all be good until it isnt.

Also what you're describing is a lower back pump. Pretty normal.

193.4. The twinkening continues :)

Nice seeing you, 200!

How goes it?

>you won't know you're injured till it happens

This somehow makes me more worried and less worried at the same time

>This somehow makes me more worried

Every sport comes with the risk of injury and/or death... That being said, PL has a remarkably low injury rate compared to high impact sports.

You'll be fine, until you're not.

:D Budapost!
Things go great, fuckawful deadlift display aside. Cured my hip/hammie AIDS, and nailed the trainer interview, which means Mel and I move in together in October and I start working a real job helping people and earning a living. Pretty hype.

You ignored my DM and I will never forgive you.

I got a dm on a thing?

That's great to hear.
You're looking burly! Liking the beard.

Those pulls weren't bad either, when did your deadlift get up there?

yep but not anymore I unsent it as soon as I took you off my Christmas card mailing list.

Reposting my PR.

Hit this after Sheiko W1D3 so I wasn't even fresh.
145 to 160 in under a month.
Maybe 180 will be closer than I thought

Formcheck? (Lower back roundness check)

This was the last rep of my last set

Who'd you copy that squat form from?

needs to be a video

Oh god please deload. Your disks don't regenerate you know

Why were you maxing on first week of sheiko? Gratz btw

they were there a long time ago, but then a weird stabbing pain in my hams and hips fucked with me whenever I tried squatting over 70% or pulling over 60%

That seems to have finally gone away after like 8 months, and now I can mong my way back to my old squat/dead. Now I get to clean that shit up and maybe build some not terrible looking lifts.

O-oh, okay.

Nice form faggot, who do you traced it from?

Internally rotate elbows
No upper back tightness what so ever

Nice barpath!

All these gains, glad to see plg getting strong.

You're just losing bottom position slightly. You'll clean it up no prob. Looking strong.

Only wanted lower back roundness check
Sarcasm? Can't be that bad lad
Elaborate? Upper back tightness is definitely something I'm sketchy on

buda posts so comfy

I don't do all those weird bench variations and I still bench 150 kg

Ur point?

You are loading over 140kg onto your spine and wiggling it back and forth.

Pinch a lemon seed and squeeze you fingers back and forth. That is what you are doing to your nucleus pulposus. It will pinch its way out.

What I can tell from that screen shot
>youre a limp wristed skinny faggot
>your knees are too far forward
>your ass is too low
>you have no upper back tightness, just flex your triceps and rotate your elbows to face you as much as possible, this engages lats.
>wtf is up with your bench wrists? You want to be pulling slack out of the bar before you pull it, not hovering over it
>you're too far forward, sit back
>you are so fucking anorexic jfc, you must e-stat lmao

elbows toward you or elbowpits toward you?

Elbows

Elbows towards. Its basically the same 'bend the bar' cue some people use for benching.

Lol, this place is pretty comfy in general for a couple hours per day. These are those hours.

oh okay
basically arm rotation mirroring legs

Well I'm not trying hard enough it seems b

I LOVE LIVIA CLAVALARY AND I DONT CARE WHO KNOWS

I JUST WANT TO SHOUT OUT MY WINDOW
I LOOOOVEEEE LIVIA CAVALASAMASCANATALMARI

Back off shes mine!!!!

Deloads are much less humiliating in a home gym. Recovery, here I come.

A
BS 5x2 > 5x3
FSQ 3x6 > 3x8
OHP 5x2 > 5x3
OHP 3x6 > 3x8
Pullups

B
Push Press 5x2>5x3
Push Press 3x6 > 3x8
DL 5x2 > 5x3
RDL 3x6 > 3x8
Pendlay Row 3x10

ABxABxx

Guys, this is my mom bench Hepburn. Do you think I'm missing anything important that I should definitely do at the end of a session?

I think if you're trying to do Hepburn 4/wk, you'd be better off doing it as an upper lower split.

But I might be wrong.

Look at that Trex action
Thanks
Because it's my first time squatting in knee sleeves/belt so I wanted to max after the first week than get a more accurate 1RM.
The minimal fatigue from maxing is worth working with more optimal weights
From CandyToeCrush
Thanks. Hopefully in a year I'll have respectable stats

Do you even lift?

I think I've had enough of squatting.

Time for the push/pull life.

honestly this has made me re-evaluate how i percieve women and how they are definitely just as capable as men

i'm glad we have brave cartoonists who are willing to push the boundaries past what main stream media says

also i want to fuck a cat now

>skinny
Well yeah I never said I wasn't a twink

Thanks for the form tips, I'll post a video keeping in mind what you said

>bench wrists
???
I do pull the slack out, I don't jerk the bar

>you must e-stat
>estatting a shit deadlift
Pls

>bench wrists
Oh what the fuck I see what you mean. How do I fix this? Be over the bar more?

Fuck deadlifts, I don't know how to figure this shit out

Guys I have a few questions about DLs.

Should the weight be on midfoot or heels during and at the start?

How far over the bar should my shoulders be?

How do I determine where my hips should be? I mean due to my proportions and good flexibility, if I just do a setup from top and hinge at hips only, my back is almost parallel to floor so I have like no knee bend or quad drive?

I meant bent wrists, why the fuck are rhey bent? Is it some form of projection, faggot?

Youll find its too much as you progress

Plus it looks like youre just doing lifts cause other people have said theyre good instead of addressing your own weaknesses

What do you mean about the lifts? I guess so, I read that it's better to do a variation for the 3x6-8 sets after the 5x2? I have no glaring weaknesses, I'm equally weak?

I mean, I'm only push pressing and strict pressing for my main movements since I can't bench.

Idk

Just pull the slack out of the bar harder, squeeze the bar as hard as possible too

I'll do this. I just tried the cues of turning your elbows in and flexing your triceps on a wooden bar and my upper back doesn't really feel a lot different

It's one of those things, ime, like falling back into the lift that doesn't really 'click' until you try it with some weight on the bar.

It won't feel different, you just pull with a straighter back.
I found my upper back when I don't do it and when I do, do it, there is no rounding what so ever.

How ironic, this article was just released 15 hours ago
out.reddit.com/t3_50p32h?url=http://strengtheory.com/lats-in-the-deadlift/&token=AQAA92nJV_sJzqMa7KxPpkBSQ35lDggrQ6c_9iUTGvoDBolVJiLi

>day 3 of watery diarrhea and no lifting
I want off this ride.

I've never really trained my weak points since I have intermediate stats so thought I'd just be weak all over.

If I had to guess these are my biggest weaknesses and I don't know how to address them or how I'd address them in Hepburn.

>Lose tightness during squat especially when I hit full atg depth, no stretch reflex.

>Pressing just weak off delts like most people.

>Hardest part of DL is breaking off floor until below knee since my leverages make my DL basically horizontal. Upper back rounds a lot too towards top.

Holy shit I forgot about the reedit out link malware

Don't click this. This URL sends information back to reedit to track what websites you go to for personalised ads

Midfoot.
Pull the bar into you (strengtheory.com/lats-in-the-deadlift/)
Roughly in the middle of your shoulders and knees.

I'll definitely try it and post a video next week to see if I've improved. That article was super helpful btw thanks

Straighter back including lower back? The original point of that post was just to see if my lower back was rounded, didn't really get a clear response

Your entire back was rounded

Guess you're right. Doesn't seem that awful though, my lower back seems straight.

As long as you are engaging your lats having a straight back then that won't do anything beside maybe reducing chance of injury

How can you tell when you're in the correct position to initiate your sumo pull?
Some reps feel different and I can't feel any difference depending on where my hips are until start pulling, and then it's too late.

>gym has 32mm barbells

They are fucking terrible anyone else hate them?

Yes. This is my situation, I literally couldn't deadlift and bench felt funky. They also ruined my squat form.

>reducing chance of injury

I just want my form to be good so I can be comfortable lifting more weight.

>bench 28mm 20kg
>deadlift 26mm 20kg
>squat 35mm 30kg

26mm is objectively the best for everything

>have to use 32mm bb
>can't use hook grip properly

fuck this la

also fuck these stumpy sausage fingers too I always got teased at school for it

post your hands

Good gyms don't exist

I train with a 28, i couldnt always use a deadlift bar its too thin its like razor wire

Handling a deadlift bar for volume is just asking to bleed everywhere. If it doesn't get your hands it'll get your shins.

*posts*

KEK

My life is dogshit at the moment and I can't seem to escape

Reposting 93% single from last night since I'm happy it went so well. Maxing next week.

Anyone have fun things going on this weekend?

That looked so easy, wow. What RPE was it?

>Anyone have fun things going on this weekend?
Ice skating with the gf, practice deadlift form

what are you lifting today?

Really poor form...

I don't lift