CMV: Some people are genetically predisposed to being fat

Growing up I was the fat kid, I saw so many skinny guys eat absolute junk but still look trim, when I left high school I thought enough is enough,cut off my old friends and started lifting. Now I look good, am reasonably strong and have visible abs, literally nobody could imagine me fat qtsbmirin.

This isn't an excuse thread, I took responsibility and improved my situation, but I can't shake off this idea that I'm naturally fat and that there is something to this. My muscles grow really well, even calves, shoulders etc, but if I quit lifting I know I would go back to being a lardass

Convince me the fatties are wrong Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

ted.com/talks/sandra_aamodt_why_dieting_doesn_t_usually_work?language=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe because the skinny guys actually exercised while you sat and jacked off to /mlp/?

some of them sat around playing xbox most of the time

You naturally eat more calories than you expend.

/thread forever

They didn't eat as much as you thought

The curse of being a skeleton, you never realize how little you eat until you start to force yourself to eat

When I was a skelly, I bragged to people like you about how I went a month eating almost nothing but chocolate and still gained no weight. However, I was an adolescent male and I would eat at most 2000 calories on any of those days. The skinny people eating junk and staying thin just aren't eating nearly as much junk as your fat ass did.

You're naturally fat because you naturally shove excessive amounts of food down your throat, you fucking cretin. Notice how when you naturally got up and naturally moved your fat disgusting ass you naturally lost weight? It's amazing isn't it? When you think about it, anybody can naturally eat less and naturally exercise for natural weight loss. Amazing!

Unfortunately, there is no natural way of getting rid of mental retardation, so you have to naturally deal with it in your own natural way.

So how come I gain muscle ridiclously easily to?

>Never had the shitty narrow shoulders like guys who bench 3plate but still look beta

>Juicy calves with veins going around them

>24 inch shoulders

I'm starting to think fat people are some sort of master race

>I'm starting to think fat people are some sort of master race

kekerino

That's what you get with that ironic high test bullshit meme, Veeky Forums.

It's the Law of Conservation of Mass. The human body requires energy to run on. There are only two possible sources for this energy: Digested food, and burned body fat. If you eat fewer calories than you burn, your body MUST make up the difference from body fat, otherwise you'd literally die of starvation in your sleep.

Similarly, in order to gain body fat, your body needs raw material to work with. The ONLY possible source for this material is food that wasn't already digested and burned for energy.

If you eat more calories than you burn, you will gain weight. If you eat fewer calories than you burn, you will lose weight. The human body literally CAN'T work any other way or it would violate the laws of physics.

a 100 years ago the rate for obesity/overweightness was near zero, today its above 70%. Countries like japan have it be near 3%. The rest of the world is in the fatopacalypse.

Your point is moot and I think that you should be banned.

reported

I agree that if you consume less calories than you use, you will lose fat, but why is it some people who are say skinny, have trouble even putting away food without chucking up.

You are probably right, I genuinely think people's bodies have a sort of equilibrium where they demand your weight is within a certain bracket which is why some skeletons physically struggle to eat.

ted.com/talks/sandra_aamodt_why_dieting_doesn_t_usually_work?language=en

well, there is a genetic aspect to it, it doesn't completely eliminate your agency, but it does exist

they've done experiments where altering genes for some mice made some of them eat like fat fucks (keep in mind they still followed the laws of thermodynamics).

the argument could also be made that perhaps some fat people have slightly more efficient digestive systems, and thus are able to extract more calories from a piece of food. again, im not saying that they're able to generate energy out of thin air, but the calorie counts you see on foods are generated from bomb calorimeters, which are much more efficient than humans at extracting energy from bonds, but there is variance amongst humans, so someone might absorb 190 calories from a 200 calorie candy bar, while someone else might absorb 185.

but in the end CICO is what matters for weight management.

Keep at it, OP, we all gonna make it.

This is essentially my view, anyone who is fat can lose weight I didn't want an excuse, obviously I'm better off because I didn't accept being fat, I accept I was at fault, so now I fuck more grills, but I wish Veeky Forums wouldn't full into these stupid memes and simplifications which make them feel good about the world when really they're not entirely accurate.

You only see them eat in public.
They probably ate a big Mac from McDonald's while they were with you and then ate like a sandwich and nothing else for an entire day. A lot of fat women think this way when they see skinny chicks, hell I even know a petite who'll only stuff her face in public and eat like nothing when she's alone just for the satisfaction of seeing them pissed.

EATING JUNK =! EATING A LOT

RETARD

FUCK YOU

When I'm on a bulk I'll actually abuse the local all you can eat Chinese restaurant and pile my plates to the brim with as much meat as I can.

If you actually work out, it'll either all fall off or help to build those muscles you always wanted.

It's why I don't understand why fat people don't go to the gym more and lift weights, with that much calorie surplus to their regular diets they could really turn it into something spectacular instead of it pooling into a super fat gut.

Some people get fat easier than others.

Some people get addicted to drugs easier than others.

Fat people should eat less and move more if they are predispositioned to get fat easier.

Druggies should avoid mind altering substances if they are predispositioned to get addicted easier.

Same fucking shit.

If you know you suck at something, you work hard to change that. I had asthma as a kid and was pre diabetic at 19, now I can run miles all day and I'm fit as fuck.

Bitches gon bitch

I thought that I am one of those skinny guys that can eat anything they want. I used to sit in front of my PC and just eat junkfood.

Guess what I never had breakfast before watching what I eat. I also didn't eat as much as I thought I just didn't care about eating. Most of the time while playing games I forgot about eating and then ate like 2 pizzas a day.
That is what? 1600 kcal?
I could believe that a body is not as efficient in turning food into energy as much as the next body is. So there might be a slight difference between you and the next guy.

But the bottomline is "EnergyIn - EnergyOut = A" If A is positive you gain weight, if it is negative you lose weight. Ever since I watched my weight I have gained about 20 kilos.
I used to be 1.84m and about 60kg.

>and eat like nothing when she's alone just for the satisfaction of seeing them pissed.
haha oh my god thats a keeper right there m8.

I grow muscle really easy, I've never been fat. My bench is 365x3. You suffered from delusions of cake de jour.

Stop spreading HAES ideology

Not the OP but man, your body is literally my body goals. I'd probably try and cut a little to get more visible abs but everything else is fantastic.

I think one of the biggest problems, especially for younger people is that they dont look at the bigger picture, they dont think in terms of calories and energy, they think in terms of "healthy vs. unhealthy" foods.

Its the same concept as fat people today thinking their 300 calorie salad + 600 calories of ranch is healthy simply because salads are supposed to be healthy. When you saw those kids eating chips and candy all day at school or whatever, they werent going home and eating a 1000-1500 calorie dinner on top of it, they would just graze on a few more other small junk things and go to bed. What fat kids dont understand is that when mommy cooks a huge meal that includes a meat, some potatoes, some veggies, etc. and then they have seconds that they have consumed more calories in one meal than the skinny kid has eaten in junk food for the week. All because theyve just been told that "proteins and veggies are healthy" so the naturally assume that eating like this is ok, and its not their fault they are fat because they are eating healthy foods.

>juicy calves
Had to carry your weight around for years, not genetics

>big shoulders
Had to lift up your 20kg flabby arms to shovel more food into your mouth, again because you're fat

>narrow shoulders for 3 plate benchers
congrats, you saw people who don't do shoulders

I'm that way now, and my friends are sometimes super pissed that i am a shredded sick cunt because they think i eat more than them. Its because i am in university, and i typically eat one ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE meal at the dining hall (buffet style) during the day, and pretty much only subsist of protein shakes when i wake up and go to bed. So what you see them eating may very well be pretty much all they eat for the day.

>All because theyve just been told that "proteins and veggies are healthy"

This is the really sad thing about all of this, if the fat kid goes to the gym and lifts weights all that protien is going to do massive things to his/her body and they're going to feel fantastic in the long run.

But they don't, they come home, play video games, maybe masturbate and then go to bed.

I was pinner as fuck in highschool and everyone always asked how I could eat so much and be skinny

Little did they know I barely ate at all, only when we were all eating ID eat a ton

EAT BIG TO GET BIG

From experience with looking at what other people eat and their physique, skinny people just eat less calories, and fat people, even if they don't eat junk food, just eat more calories. I have 3 co workers who are great examples:

>guy, looks healthy, doesn't lift, eats mostly potatoes, meat and veggies in good portions, eats junk food in tiny amounts rarely
>guy, skeleton, bordering anorexia, barely eats actual food, junk and chocolate on the daily.
>girl, fat, short, eats more carbs than the first guy, almost never eats junk food

from my observation, their intake of calories fits how they look perfectly, even though one of them is a skeleton and eats junk food, and another is fat but never eats junk food or even soda.

If you look at other people it's usually easy to understand why they look how they look. I notice fat people eat outside sometimes, on buses and shit. I used to do that sometimes as a fat ass too. Calories in/out is 90% responsible for your weight.

This.

I dated a girl who was like 5-'6" 98 lbs on average and she only ate one meal a day because if she ate any more she'd shit her guts out

She wasn't very fun