I never shower at the gym

I never shower at the gym.

It's always a hassle, packing clothes, having a padlock and keys, using flipflops in the shower to avoid touching the floor (which is bacterial lava), getting undressed in front of straight old men and so on.

I live 3m away from the gym by car, so I always just leave sweatstained, awkwardly wave at the girl in the front desk, and then drive home to shower and get ready for work.

But winter is coming, and I'm afraid I'll catch a cold if I do that. I also don't want to bring a hoodie with me and carry it everywhere in the gym. And if I put on a hoodie over my sweaty t-shirt I'll have to clean it every other day.

How do you guys handle it? Don't tell me you all go through the hassle of gym showers

Just grow the fuck up and shower. Nobody is interested in your dick and most will stare down the floor just like you will do.

my gym doesn't even have showers Tbh

don't be autistic

If I lived further away I would but I literally live 5 minutes away from my local gym so just jog home and get a shower in my own privacy. Saves me having to bring my own towel and shower stuff and have to wash everything in my gym bag instead of just going home in my sweaty gym clothes.

I showered all the time at my local swimming pool, but that's different because somehow it's acceptable to wear trunks when you're showering and just wipe up when you get back into your locker stall.

Wtf man

lol are you German?

I don't mind showing my private parts to other men, it's the hassle that bothers me

Padlocks, keys, packing clothes, bringing towels and shampoo with you and all the other bothersome things

At home it's much faster and easier

It's a small 24/7 gym

Used to train at a PL club before I moved and we didn't have showers there either (it was in a rec center) and none of the other PL clubs I've been to had showers either.

More common than you think.

just shower at home and for winter use an old throwaway coat explicitly for that purpose, that's what i did

So how do I hookup with gym dudes in the locker room tho?

>getting undressed in front of straight old men

So you don't mind undressing in front of gay young men?

How do you still not understand that being cold doesn't cause a cold.. And if you're 3 minutes away, that's fucking no time being cold.

Also, if you're gym is respectable at all, they'd bleach the shower every night.

Just change your shirt, put a hoodie on and shower at home

>How do you still not understand that being cold doesn't cause a cold.
My mom and dad cannot be this wrong

Sweat evaporates into the cold so you catch a cold it's not rocket science

wew, is this the boss of the gym?

why do you need padlocks and keys

who is stealing you towel and underpants?

Actually the viruses that cause a cold already live in your nasal sinuses.

Lowering your temperature helps them proliferate and thus you get an infection.

So, yes, being cold does give you a cold.

retard

It's not about avoiding theft it's about peace of mind

If I left my stuff unlocked I'd have my mind on it the whole time

Nice ass as OP Pic but just change. It's not like they're going to rape you.

Lol this is utter bullshit, that is not how it works. Where did you even hear that? How can you be so stupid?

Who is this semen demon, OP? Do you think he knows he makes my dick diamonds?

>Loweback tattoo

That's such a stupid place to put a tattoo

Cold viruses can't survive for long (or reproduce) without already being inside cells.

So, no, being cold does not give you a cold.

Fuck off with your momscience.

Don't call other men "semen demons", always use a condom!

>packing clothes, having a padlock and keys

WOW so hard

>using flipflops in the shower to avoid touching the floor

why is that difficult? put flipflops in your gym bag.

>getting undressed in front of straight old men and so on.

oh no someone will see my dick!

How about sperm wyrm, senpai?

That is not backed up by scientific evidence, in fact in uni I encountered a study from 2007 showing that there's no correlation between body temperature and developing a common cold, which completely refutes that claim. If you're healthy and don't have a compromised immune system, you shouldn't get a cold no matter the temperature or weather - hell, I used to play basketball in the freezing cold and in the rain, wearing shorts, with friends plenty of times, none of us ever got cold; but spend a day in a closed office with 3 sick people and 2 days later you have a running nose and a fever.

You are literally retarded.

Put a coat on?

It's there to signify you're a hoe.

I live literally across the road

I'm not shitting you it's 30 seconds door to door

Dude just take a shower. What's your deal? You shouldn't need to make a thread and have a huge internal conflict on the topic of showering after a workout.

That's not how it works, if you plan to do something 4-5 days a week you should do it as efficiently as possible otherwise you'll be wasting an immense amount of time and effort in total

It's like taking a detour to work every day, just 1km extra every day ends up being more than 45km a month.

>not taking a wonderful cool shower after spending 20 relaxing minutes in the sauna after a successful and strenuous workout
Actually never mind that, it means I have to hang up my wet towel when I get home and I don't have time for that

>Sweat evaporates into the cold so you catch a cold it's not rocket science

??????????

is this bait or are you retarded

Just use an old hoodie specifically for that purpose and only wash it every few weeks, that's what I do.

>Only goes to work 45 days a month

My gym is pretty cool in that it has about 6 single occupant washrooms that also have a shower in them. I never use it personally, but if I ever felt like it, I'd do so in peace.

Usually you go to work 22-23 days a month tho, and you have to come back as well

That seems really fucking weird
But really convenient

Now you're catching on

>catching a cold because its cold meme

It's common knowledge

It's science brah

so how come Im out frequently biking/walking, wearing very little on windy, rainy, cold days and feel just fine?

It just increases the likelihood. The colder weather is a breeding ground for germs and stuff while lowering your immune system. Trust me on this brah

>viruses
>live
lol

Ok I know you're joking but people actually believe this. So they stay at home and turn up all the heating and watch TV with their ill family and WONDER WHY THEY ALSO GET ILL

How are you going to catch a cold in your car?

You get them from other people, not from being cold.

Your body working to keep warm takes energy away from your immune system.

Being in the car three minutes is not going to lower your body temperature.

What temperatures do you guys shower? I do cold showers post-workout, then hot showers the morning before work.

Upper respiratory illnesses are not caused by lower atmospheric temperatures. Colds increase in the winter months because windows are shut and people are in closer proximity indoors. You're a cunt spreading misinformation and should be euthanized.

Cool showers in summer most of the time, in winter I'll have a cool shower after working out but really hot showers before work as it gets cold af.

Note I said cool showers, I'm too pussy for actual cold showers even on the hottest of days

For cold showers I have to stand below the faucet, yell something dumb like "TAKE THE SHOT" or "DO ITTTTTTTTT" (from Watchmenâ„¢), then turn on the water at full blast. Otherwise I pussy out if I try and walk into the water the slow way.

Hahah I have done that once when the heating broke so had no choice, it was actually amazing how quickly the body adjusts to it, after like 30secs-1min (of utter HELL) it was completely fine and when I got out I felt incredible. But it's that first minute or so where it's so cold you can't even breathe that I can't bring myself to do very often.

>ou're a cunt spreading misinformation and should be euthanized.

if being cold doesn't make you ill then how come almost every time i have a freezing cold shower (usually once every few months) I become ill for the next few days??

Mfw my gym has individual shower rooms

ok great why do you even need to shower at the gym?

i would rather go home and sing in the shower at my leisure

only time i've ever showered at the gym was when my hot water wasn't working at home

People also not as active in the winter

You're weak

>don't want to leave sweaty cuz I'll get too cold
>better completely cover myself with water instead

Bring a hoody you giant idiot

>getting undressed in front of straight old men and so on.
>straight
I see what you did there.

i dont get showering at the gym, i just go home and shower

use a combo lock ya dingus. Also stop your bitching altogether you sound like a fucking pussy.

No gyms in my town have showers, but everyone lives like 5-10 minutes away so whatevs.

It's pretty easy IMO. Especially if you go when it's not busy. Just look for guys on the gym floor and make eye contact. It will be easier to tell who is DTF and who is not. I at least get a bj once a week at the gym.

But you said an extra km a day, not an extra km per one-way trip