Worst Injury Ever Sustained

Tore my ACL, MCL, and Meniscus two nights ago, so what better way to cope with my misfortune then to hear about yours! For reference I got chop blocked on a run play during one of my college football programs scrimmages. Needless to say I am effectively removed from action.

So lets hear it. Have you broken a bone? Tell us. Ruptured a spleen? Tell us.
Modify message

slightly torn labrum has put me out of the gym for 2 months. lost 20 lbs.
MY FUCKING GAINS ARE EVAPORATING.

Had a concussion with hemorrhaging in my brain last year from rugby. 4 days in ICU

I had inflamed knees after a growth spurt and it hurt everytime i walked but i still pushed myself to play the 1 year of hockey when it hurt the most

Just lift with correct form and you'll never get injured.

Lifting strengthens you so you'll never get injured.

You're more likely to get injured while sleeping than lifting.

You'll be fine, find a really good doctor, who specializes in knee surgery. Ripped my ACL and tore my Menisucs on my left leg. Got surgery. Was home the next day. Walking a week later. 3 month later I could only tell by the scars. Now it is actually my strong leg. Worked amazingly.

The only thing that's never going to be normal is the feeling. The ACL has strain gauges. These fire when under tension and ripp, when the ACL rips. They can't be repaired, so it will always feel wobbly, when walking stairs, but not a huge deal.

I hear there is a new surgery where they sew the ligament together instead of replace it and insert a bloddy sponge to make it grow together (used to be impossible). I suppose that won't have the problem above, but takes longer to heal and is experimental, maybe less stable.

Are you Seth Rollins?

if its gonna make you feel better:
got a jumpers knee. jumped into a crash mat while playing football.
have to use a bandage for playing football, it easily turns around when coming in a tackle.
shit hurts

I was gonna guess teddy bridgewater

Tore my acl in both knees Pham. Meniscus is gone, Plc ruptured too. My speed never came back. Feels bad man.

>bloddy
How can someone manage to spell this wrong?

Broke my ankle in a bicycle accident. Dislocated entirely, bone was sticking out and everything. I got 13 screws put into my ankle. This happened in March, and I'm finally walking without a boot. Three months of atrophy really sucked. I started lifting again right as I got off crutches, and my lifts are finally back to where they were post ankle break. Feels good.

partial tear of tendon pulley from climbing

so basically, legs and cardio for the next ~2 months only

Fellow ACLet checking in, stay strong boys. We got to where we where by pushing ourselves to the limit, we did it once, we'll do it again, and as many times as needed to be better than the 97%.

Nice recovery user!! Same injury but I took way longer to recover

Injured my dick during sex. Couldn't get hard for a week save for weak morning erections.

Shit was traumatic, I was 18.

Senior year of high school I lowered my shoulder for an open ice hit on a kid with his head down, separated my shoulder. Could not lift my arm for a month. Never did any sort of physical therapy and to this day benching is hard as fuck, but OHP is fine for some reason

Three years ago got checked into the boards from an awkward distance away, fell back and slammed my back into the boards. Didn't hurt until the next day when every fucking muscle in my back was so tense I couldn't bend over to tie my shoes. 6 months to get over that

Last year, walking home drunk, misstepped off of a curb and tore my meniscus, sprained my ACL, sprained the shit out of my ankle and Achilles. 6 months physical therapy

i broke one of my occipital condyles.

that's one of the two pieces of bone connecting the spine and the skull.

basically, i'm lucky i'm not paralyzed. or dead, obviously.

also, had a traumatic brain injury at the same time. so... i'm also lucky that i'm not brain dead. i had to re-learn a lot of shit. neuroplasticity is amazing, but you have to give it a reason to fix itself. kinda like hypertrophy.

um, i also had some skull fractures and a broken nose. still have really bad nasal drippage cause of that.

>lowered my shoulder for an open ice hit

shoulder into the chest fuckin idiot, if you're going to do that take his head off and extend from low. Don't follow through because hit to the head danger, the fuck were you thinking

Duh. It was to the chest dummy that's why I separated the shoulder. His head would not have torn my acromioclavicular joint

Also 7 years ago when this happened nobody gave a fuck about head contact and everyone aimed high

Dude, you are a fucking mess. I feel bad for your body.

Last friday I flew up to Oregon to run the hood to coast relay. I trained all year for it so I was really pumped to run it.

3.50 miles in and my fibula snaps.

feels bad man

Tore my ACL once and my MCL twice all on the same leg while playing handegg. Tfw loved to do squats but can now only do them at a fraction of what I used to be able to lift. I'm always self-conscious about it while lifting or biking since like user said it's still wobbly. At least it gives a good story to tell.

tendintis for me

Completely tore my patellar tendon. Hurt like a bitch, couldn't even walk for two months after surgery. Took me about a year to recover

how? squatting ?

Had jumpers knee for a while; but thought I recovered from it with physical therapy (didn't have any pain for over a year)... took a particular bad hit playing lacrosse, full body weight on my flexed right leg and it snapped right off. My knee cap was somewhere up my thigh.

Paramedics gave me esketamine for the pain, which was awesome

You are a retard.
Candito, hancott and many other elite powerlifters have better form than anybody on Veeky Forums and still get injured.

How do I edit my post?