twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Isley best girl

2nd for sumo is for women

3rd for three poops a day or you'll never not be a twink

3rd for isley is a sumo

Brehs,set 3 PRs yesterday.

Squat 145kg x 5
Deadlift 162kg x5,180 x1

I have known for a while that I had the 180 in,I jut did it later rather than sooner. Candito mentioned doing a PR when there is no doubt in your mind that can do the weight. 180 kg flew up and even considered doing a double, but 3 PRs on one day is bretty gud anways.

Tell about your recent PRs /plg/

Worst 2 weeks of my life and every day it gets worse.

Going to buy a lottery ticket

>day 4 of watery diarrhea and no lifting
yesterday already thought I was basically okay again, but woke up today and it's the same old story again. I WANT OFF THIS RIDE.

>be bad
>watch anime
>get good
>win

Congrats on the gains train.

>Recent PRs
Did a chinup with +90 lbs.
Lost weight, so I reset all my old PRs and started over :) New game + mode.

PR in glute DOMS. Thanks, split squats.
They also give a different kind of quad DOMS than regular squats tbH.

Nice PRs

No recent PRs of my own but hopefully my skills test will change that

Do we have any indian / spanish lifters here? Care to explain why ya'll always groom your beards but you never shave your unibrows?

Last day of sheiko today lads

I've been practicing for ages and using videos but I cannot fucking brace properly, I can't activate or expand my lower back.

Learn the valsalva manuevre, do it before grabbing the bar

>expand my lower back
Wut

I can't bench at my current gym but here are my stats.

140kg Squat
150kg DL
60kg Press
72kg BW 5'10

I have a case of fuckarounditis, someone told me that I should go back to SS and just eat more.

Do you think I could get anything out of this or not? Am I being memed into fatfucking myself?

I don't want to waste time by trying to milk gains.

C O R E W O R K
O
R
E

W
O
R
K

you've posted already haven't you? you could try SS, but you're probably past lp by now looking at those stats, try the texas method or madcow for early intermediate work.

find a gym where you can bench though. just find one. also eat so you make regular progress and don't feel excessively fatigued, that doesn't mean become a 120+ turbo fatty, but you'll need to consistently gain weight to get stronger really.

Good deadlift program for short arm lifters? I mean really short armed lifters.

Not a lot seems to work, not that it doesn't work. But I struggle to consistently add weight to the bar.

Ok will do, I'll try SS just real quick and see if I get anything.

Do you think I could add any small chest accessories for the lack of benching?

Hm, I see.

I'm not exactly small though, 194cm, 122kg.

do wide sumo

Do you lads think I could use these old basketball shoes as deadlift shoes?
They look flat enough and also provide some stability for my sumo.

I'm weaker with sumo, substantially so, discourages me.

and?

My leverages don't favour sumo, even when really wide I sill lock out at balls

Bodyweight dips and push-ups.

Try doing pause squats with deadlift stance, heard these are good since you are going to have to sink your hips further in conventional with short arms.

consider cutting off your forearms or at least half of them

sumo doesnt count

1 2 3 4

I always ask this but never find anyone else, but is anyone here flatfooted and uses orthotics/insoles when they squat to stop ankles rolling in?

I'd really like to know if they make your squat feel stronger, more stable or actually maybe add a little weight and speed to your squat?

I've got a referral to see a physio about this exact issue

Floor press.

I FUCKING HATE BEING 5'6 I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE

yes they look solid

I was going to buy some off the shelf ones but don't know if it actually will help my squat much. Really it should help a lot since no ankle and therefore no knee vagus.

I would happily be 2 inches shorter to be 5'6

You'd regret it.

but think of those ez 66kg records

think of those ez first place medals because nobody else turned up to the meet in your cat

think of those sik leverages

When I get mine I'll let you know. I don't really get knee valgus any more though, I fixed it by squatting less frequently.

Is it normal that I have more difficulty flexing my glutes and locking out "hard" with sumo? I mean I still pull more weight with sumo, but it just feels like I hit the bar harder with my hips and get a better squeeze when pulling conventional.
Could it be mobility related? My hip flexors are very tight.

>5'6
>66kg
nah more like 74kg

I used to be very flatfooted before lifting, I am still somewhat flat footed but getting stronger really helped. The cue to get your knees out and try and twist the floor apart with your feet should help prevent knee valgus/foot pronation. Are your ankles rolling in because you lack dorsiflexion necessary to squat while maintaining an arch?

>think of those sik leverages
you are competing against other short people and I have literally have the worst leverages possible for powerlifting. Extremely long legs and really short torso and arms

youtube.com/watch?v=k9b-VqCD-Xc

I can keep my knees out and my dorisflexion is very very good, I hit depth easily. I don't know hot to explain it but I just don't feel strong unless I really focus on flexing my foot to raise my arch which I can't do when I'm squatting decent weight.

Alright cool, will see how they do I in a sumo. Would have thrown then away instead.
Usually bare foot would probably be best, also for sumo, but it's not allowed in my gym.
And my really flat shoes that I have are just socks with soles basically, and it makes my feet collapse kind of outwards.

50th for friendship

UK meet when

They'd have to request permission from the government to gather together first.

bin that barbell

many people like clarence and he roids and doesn't compete currently. Would people hate someone that was training for powerlifting on roids and wasn't competing? I understand that in the top level more or less everyone is on roids in WL but PL is getting more and more competitive and also eastern europeans

Alex Kang has a comfy IG.

2 autistic 4 me

I cringed watching his county fair video. He seems like a nice person at meets.

youtube.com/watch?v=AYqorAU9EIQ
John Haack Interview @ IPF Worlds 2016
ALPHA MALE
L
P
H
A

M
A
L
E

are you guys doing anything fun this weekend (long weekend for USA bros)?

I'm gonna go lift with my buddy that got me into lifting pretty soon here, then gonna go watch the Badgers play this afternoon with my cousins.

still really happy that I was able to squat like 94% the other day after work, that 405 AMRAP on monday, and not eating in the 6 hours prior to lifting. gains train coming back soon I hope

who is this lemon demon

I don't understand how he weighs 83 kg. He looks taller than most 83 kg guys and he's jacked as hell.

>floorpress
>2x102.5kg/225lbs last week
>3x100kg/220lbs + ~20kg/44lbs band today

Felt really good today /PLG/, adding chains next week. Then off to do some other bench variation.

>tfw depressed

failed a diddly should i just quit

Have you never heard of imodium?

Has never helped anybody brace better if they don't already know how.

Why lad?

You don't need to arch your feet, you do need to evenly screw them into the ground.

Hi lads,

It is week 6 of really retarded 10 lb increases on ID for me.

WAWTT?

Maybe it'll make you happier but no one worth a damn cares about how tall you are.

Lower back just won't heal...

I want to make my own weights with concrete.

is 30kg good for a begginer?
should I do 15 kg?

how do you call the long bar with several weights at both sides, the bar being longer than your height. (dunno the english word).

barbell?

thanks.
english has so many weird nouns for everything.

is 30kg enough for a begginer or should I start with 15kg.

Mum has had breast cancer for 3 years
Doctors are starting to talk about palliative care options
She's the only immediate family I have.

start with whatever feels comfortable to you.

It's okay, I'm going through some hard times too lad. Just have hope, try not to worry too much. I much it will worry your mother more if you kept getting depressed because of her/ Just do what you can.

what? Are you asking how much should the concrete weights that you intend to append to a bar, weigh?

Definitely 15 kg, depends if you are skinny, for bench I don't think a skinny guy would be able to bench 50kg in his first day.

Also depends on the weight of the bar.

but I don't know user.
that's why I'm asking what's a good begginer average starting weight for a barbell.

There is none. It all comes down to how much do you actually want, there isn't some kind of recommended starting weight if that's what you're asking.

thanks, I've been doing cardio for a month and feel ready to start lifting some begginer stuff.

I guess I can try to make two cans of 10 litters and fill them with concrete to make a barbell.

user just told me 15kg is good enough for a skinnyfat.

This
Also depends on your composture. The weight of the bar (usually 20kg). For general purposes you should start with just the bar. And go up. It's not a good practice to have a set weight, much more so if you are a begginer.

He was making a rough estimate.

>(long weekend for USA bros

It is also a long weekend for Canabros.

For concreate work I would recomend starting with Dumbells though.

Or get a Gym membership ffs.

>concrete weights

really sounds like a recipe for disaster, please just buy some equipment or get a membership.

20kg is the standard weight. It really fucking doesn't matter

It's not that terrible of an idea if you know how to do it, but yeah a gym membership or buying some actual equipment is usually a better idea.

but it looks so thirld world.
and I'm a thirld worlder.

>I can try to make two cans of 10 litters and fill them with concrete to make a barbell
that is not gonna work

Lad.. pls be careful. Are you mainebrah?

It can, not him though.

just use dumbbells you can get big with them

Your hips are still tight/fucked

well it's just I imagine being an absolute beginner he probably won't know what he's doing, and rank novices are always best lifting with other people around, lest they do something truly horrific and have no one to help them.

True. Using cement as weight is generally safe though, just let the cement dry and it'll stick really well to the bar it won't snap off or anything like that.

>60kg third worlder make 50kg barbell
>unrack it
>dies

Highly unlikely, unless you put too much cement on the bar, more than it can handle, to the point that it breaks. Lifting barbells are meant to be fairly durable though. Although I don't understand why wouldn't that guy just buy actual equipment, it's easier.

>I'm a third worlder
tiny slav nation? or something more exotic? brazeel?

I'm not retarded enough.
probabelly would do a 10kg dumbell for starter.

I lack money right now.
I guess I will buy a metal barbell.

colombia.