Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums

Pic related is me 3 years ago. I used to be a tripfag here. I was on a 3 day split. The thing is, my current body isn't as shredded as it used to be back then - married, kid, work, basically life taking its toll, no access to a gym, and I only have around 40-45 minutes after work for myself only. What I have is a park near my place with comfy bars where I do basic bodyweight routine and add some backpack with weights. I noticed I started gaining mass (because I wasn't working out for a year and lost all my progress) but I was wondering could I become my younger me with bars and weighted bar compounds (push ups, dips, pull ups, leg raises, sprints etc) ?

Give me hope bros.

Also motivational thread, because I need it right now.

Find a place to do pull ups cuz it works out both your arms and back and shoulders. It saves time.

I do have a place to do pull ups. My question was if I will be able to still look as shredded as before on basic weighted pull ups, dips, push ups, one legged squats, crunches ? Or I will need muscle isolation exercises or at least a barbell ?

This place changed a lot in 3 years.
Its filled with r9k faggots who doesnt even lifs.
Run away my nigga

So no more scoobs, tinytrip, ocb and the other fags ? Feels thread still alive I guess, seen a couple.

OGs are gone. There's still a few serious lifters, mostly in fraud, PLG, etc. I'd wager that at least 80% of the morons who post haven't even read the first line of the sticky. Not that I can really talk, I'm a nobody who's been lurking for 5+ years, but I digress: get away while you still can. Do your compounds, eat right and don't forget SS + GOMAD.

You stopped tripfagging which makes makes me believe you're a sensible man who will be able to find a good balance in life between family, work and working out.

this

/r9k/ fucking piece of shit loser autists took over this board.. there is a better Veeky Forums on a different chinz doe famalam

Thanks user.

I still didn't receive any reply whether a man can still make it without using a gym ?

just get two adjustable dumbbells to use with bars and you dont need anything else really

If I was in your position I would add shit like burpees and jump squats to your bodyweight routines. The extra time you spend to get your heart racing will eventually get your body hot and ready faster.

Yeah I was thinking about that too.

My current self thought programme looks like that:

A
Weighted pull ups 5x (pyramid reps 12>10>8>7>6)
Weighted dips 5x10
Weighted triceps isolation (you know like skullcrushers but the bodyweight one) - 4x10
Weighted Rows (like pull ups but legs being horizontal to the head)
Leg raises 3x15

B
Weighted one legged squats 5x10 (on both legs)
Weighted push up variations (inclined, diamond, max stretch) 5x12
Crunches 3x20

C
4x100 m sprint

ABCxABCx
Will add burpees and jump squats on the sprint day, thanks user.

>2 of your workout days a week are 4x100m

surely this is b8. That is not a workout.

Try sprinting a 100m dash. Then walk slowly to the start and do this 3 more times. Come back and post how you feel. Sprinting is a great way to keep your whole body athletic - it works legs, core, shoulders if done correct. It is a great anaerobic work out. mixing it in the other work days is just too much, I have already tried it.

>4 sets of 20-30 seconds(depending on speed) high intensity work constitutes a day's worth of exercise

that 4x100m spriont is too easy. Try to do HIITs with at least 10 min

Get a home gym

Then you can just go and fire off a couple sets whenever you have ten minutes to spare

Most of your gains will be there waiting for you. It takes a very long time to lose muscle mass.

I'm in your position. Married, kid, stressful life shit.

Just start training again, but have fun with it. Do what is fun, find some small goals to head after.

I do ring training, kettlebells, calisthenics, handstands, running, etc. Buncha random shit, but I just can't keep up with a barbell program.

Better to train with an inconsistent program consistently, than to train a consistent program inconsistently.

I want to belive. so muscle memory is not a myth I guess.

alright user, some examples for a good HIIT workout without using gym equipment?

your last sentence is wisdom, user

>so muscle memory is not a myth I guess.
Not in the slightest. I don't train deadlifts, for example, because I hurt my back bad with them 4 years ago, but I can still practice them once or twice a year for shits and giggles and pull 315lbs. I have experienced a loss in strength in a lot of areas, but as soon as I train for a little bit it comes right back.