What's your motivation?

What makes you want to lift? Is it purely for the pleasure of it? Is it for girls/boys? Why don't you just be a healthy weight/reasonably strong, and leave it at that?

idk, feels good to look good

It takes my mind off of not being happy and wanting to die

For my waifu, and self-respect.
Also, I want to be a better role-model to people who look up to me

I want zac efrons body type in bad neighbours 1 then in 3 or more years i want his body in bad neigh ours 2.

Im not 100% sure what he was pinning though, any guesses?

As for his routine im assuming it was a high volume push pull routine, probably 4 days a week with cardio on off days

I just want to feel good and sleep well

I have a real hard time doing both unless I'm constantly exercising. I don't even consider doing it for girls anymore. I have way too many other problems

this x 1 million

exercising takes my mind off suicide for a couple of hours a day.

I find it weird that people who have nice bodies or at least exercise a lot have this much trouble with depression. There might be something legitimately wrong chemically in your brain senpaitachi

It works the other way round. People who feel like shit start working out and doing sports because its an efficient way to feel better.

I know that's how it's supposed to work, but if you're clinically depressed a million pushups won't make you feel much better

But while you're doing pushups you're thinking about the pushups, not killing yourself

1-I'm a whore
2-I like nice clothes
3-as I'm getting bigger less and less dudes waste my time with stupid ego fights

I beg to differ, not really that much depression problems but honestly those few seconds on the last reps are the only seconds you can truly be free. usually I care about too much stuff, what others do or think or what I do with my life or whatever. But in those few seconds I only have a singular problem in life - getting that bar up everything else is just silent. It feels like flying, no thoughts, no problems just you and the iron.

So it's like a release for you? Ok, makes sense, and it's healthy. Better than smoking crack or eating frozen pizza

yeah pretty much, especially if I have a lot of stress or feel bad because of whatever I can always even just enter the gym and leave all that behind for 90min or however long my workout takes. And afterwards I usually feel way better and the problems seem smaller. Best way to counter stress and bad emotions I've found.

Initially it was for girls and and to stop being a twig but now I just lift so I can admire my gains for two hours in front of the mirror and to take my mind off of my crippling depression and suicidal thoughts.

i don't know but for example i'm two weeks out of the gym from my finger injury and lately i have gotten so fucking depressed and violent that it's getting really dangerous

yesterday i was walking and almost wanted to push a stranger just because i was really pissed off

got really dangerously drunk, got in a fight with some mexicans, and in my home i started yelling out of my lungs "i'm fucking nothing jesus christ!, i'm fucking useless!!!" while crying

so yeah, nothing of this would have happened if i had hit the iron this week

>Is it purely for the pleasure of it?
Yes

1) i want to look pretty, i think i have the possibility to look decent going from how my family looks, at least on the women's side
2) i want to do martial arts and parkour
3) i want to be healthy and be able to do "cool" things (feeding into reason #2)

It's relaxing and helps with stress.
The all around benefits of being strong and fit.
And this user's third point is very true.

>average bodies
>popped biceps and pecs

Nice shit image. The average arm is flat as fuck and has no muscle mass. It looks disgusting. Go out on the streets.

Also I lift because I now find the average body disgusting.

please jog or something you testosterone fueled ape

Well I guess average for a blue collar guy. White collar guys, yeah, they would have to lift for that

Can't be a lesser myself than I know I can be. Wouldn't stand it, and I don't

I've always been about useful and handy things (learning skills like soldering, diy, sewing, first aid, CPR, etc)

Working out is useful and handy, so it's a natural progression for me. It's pretty fun too