When Veeky Forums keeps telling your idea of making a concrete barbell is a retarded idea

>when Veeky Forums keeps telling your idea of making a concrete barbell is a retarded idea

I'm going to build my own gym for the price of one month gym membership faggots.

keep wasting money dumbasses.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z8M_jDE00bs
youtube.com/watch?v=8B8ydP6zy6g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>this is nigga is too poor to afford a 2k dollar home gym
o i am laffin

I used to have a few of those, but the break and get destroyed really fast. Expect them to not last more then a year unless you are super careful with them

>he doesn't know I'm a thirld worlder
kek the privilege.

this is very 3rd world, with the effort it takes to do this you could just work for a few hours and pay for them

You are some kind of fucking moron. That this will break the instant you put 200+lbs on it.

Are you going to rubber coat the concrete or do something to prevent it cracking? Deadlifts are pretty much a no-go if not.

I'm pretty sure someone did this with spare rocks and logs so why not

I'm a thirld worlder bro.

>P V C P I P E
that shit won't even last an inch off the ground

Wood Is actually very strong. The plywood subfloor your fat ass walks on and all your furniture is standing on is probably supported by a few 2x4's and nothing else. If op uses the right stuff he can make a nice little home gym.

I made a diy half rack myself and it was great but i do a lot of work in the shop and lifting in the dust was shitty.

is to make the hole dumbass.

going to put an iron bar inside.

inb4 chunk falls off mid lift and breaks a bone or kills OP

Who said anything about wood? I meant the concrete barbell, dumbfuck.

he's not OP and I'm doing this as some begginer barbell before I buy one legit one from second hand.

have no money right now to buy real ones.

I'm colombian and I want to say sorry to you Veeky Forums

We are a shithole but better days are coming to us, and human trash like this guy will become a minority

volve a lat pelotudo.

nunca se puede decir nada en pedo porque se ofenden ustedes.

callese maricón

I made a few of those 3 years ago and I still use them sometimes. I also bought 2 regular plates which are bigger, so the concrete ones don't hit the floor when deadlifting. They take up A LOT of space on the bar so you'll probably end up buying actual plates anyway like I did.

yeah, this is a temporary solution meanwhile I get some cash.

for something that cost me less than 5USD it's pretty cheap and feel good.

i want all spics to die
i hope trump takes over the world and purges all spics

I hope you succeed OP, don't forget to give us tips afterwards

si yo tambien i mean yes me too

>these third world feels

*cringes*

>2k

Just picked up a cage from craigslist and barbell with some weights for 350

bought a iron master bench online for 320

spent like another 200 on etc shit like clips for barbell and rubber matting

>tfw having my home gym for under 1k

feels good man
not to mention if I feel like not having a home gym I can easily craigs list everything for 1/2 to 2/3 of what I paid for and even make a profit when compared to having a gym membership if I use it for at least a year lel.

>you could just work for a few hours
I love this meme
Where do you guys live that you can just go to the work store and get a few hours of work on demand?

OP here, that's like one month salary here bro.

do you magically think the thirld world is filled with money?

You go, chori, good luck

>I want to say sorry to you Veeky Forums
Hopefully pathetic faggots like you that "want to say sorry" to a bunch of overcompensating neets on roids will be the first to go

> Concrete barbell

Please tell me you mean plates. A barbell is going to be really fucking brittle.

Otherwise, I see no reason not to, cheap plates are made out of literal sand filled plastic and they hold up for a surprisingly long time if you don't drop them directly onto the floor.

sure, I meant plates.
english not my forte you know.

Oh i glanced at OP. I assummed hes making a half rack in those buckets not an actual weighted barbell.

You are right. The homemade bb is a bad idea Op

is not that heavy.

I'm sure is less than 25 or 30 kg overall total, so nothing dangerous.

Go for it. Doesn't seem like mine are about to fall apart even after all this time, so it's money well spent as far as I'm concerned. I wrapped them up in tape for extra durability.

COSTEÑO DE MIERDA

I dunno, but most people here are too focused on getting a gym membership rather than actually doing cardio and lifting stuff.

inb4 this happens to op,

only he tries ass to grass and it falls on a leg
youtube.com/watch?v=Z8M_jDE00bs

>breaking when is just 20 kg
I'm not doing retarded powerlifting.

B O G O T A
O
G
O
T
A
I'll suck your dick~

>breaking when is just 20 kg
IT'S
YOU SAY IT'S NOT IS
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE SUBJECT YOU NIGGER THIEF
FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT LEARN YOUR FUCKING ENGLISH GOD DAMN

>with the effort it takes to do this
It takes no effort whatsoever.

the reason the barbell broke was because that 1/8th """""squat""""" was so disgraceful that the bar itself was morally insulted and offed itself because sheer rage.

Why would you do this

you're asking what's the point of shitposting.

then stop buying so much coca and save up money.

it's called having a regular job.

you know what he meant, fuck off autist.

Cuantos gringos te an culeado

Thanks for the keks user. Why not ust get an old axle and strongman the fuck out of it?
This plan is ghetto tier.

Those are going to be brittle as fuck.

Skull crushers are going to actually crush your skull you dumbass.

Who do faggots boast about being cheap fucks and getting 'deals', like any normal human being is supposed to be impressed?

What's keeping the PVC from sticking in the concrete?

Or remotely useful.

is to make a hole user, no big secret there.

>20kg
>powerlifting

It isn't a stupid idea but you are going about it like a retard.

it's really heavy for me.
I'm potato tier so I'll be usefull as a beginner weight.

>what is a begginer weight

why?

How do you get the exact weight to be 45, 35, or 25? Do you use math or just say fuck it?

I didn't spot that you'd put the bags in a bucket ,i thought you where just filling a binbag with concrete lol,

should be fine if you used a decent mix, dont listen to the ppl saying they'll last a year mine haven't even chipped in 4

You can measure the dry ingredients and get a round about but it wont be perfect, mine are 40 n 41

because it'll be way too light very soon

also with any real weight that PVC will bend a fuck ton/have no grip
and probably break soon

It's a temporary solution.
I hope they last two or three months.

wait, what are you using the pvc for? just the hole?

sure, planning on buying some metal bar and handle them as a cheap barbell.

Okay I'll admit I thought this post was bait. But in case it's not here are some tips

Don't use concrete unless you reinforce it and coat it it something like rubber. It chips and is brittle as fuck.
If you can't rubber dip then wrap plastic bags around those 'weights' and duct tape the holy shit out of them as tight as you can.

Make dumbbells not a barbell set up. Easier to drop and get away from if it breaks and tries to kill you.

Don't try and make weight plates at all. Seriously why do this? Get plastic milk cartons and fill them with water to start with and then rocks later.
Get 10kg of rocks in a bag, put a steel pipe through the middle, wrap with wire and then duct tape the fuck out of it.

Think outside the box macguyver, you just need to move weight not look like some modern 1st world global gym.

Oooh, i think ppl thought you where trying to make the pole out of concrete.

Nothing wrong with a pvc sleeve for the pole, you could get away without one entirely desu.

*for the pole to slide into*

I dunno why everyone is so arms up, I wanted some cheap shit to have some weights.

I'm low middle class in a thirld world nation, and these months money isn't something I can dispose easily.

sure, I'll try to get to the gym when I get money, but for starters, this is great because it was so cheap.

coat the concrete plates with bedliner, that shit is strong

Nothing wrong with it at all, so long as you mix the concrete right. 3 parts aggregate 2 parts sand 1 part concrete.

To get it to set hard you need to keep it covered and moist for 2/3 weeks. Don't need to dip them in rubber or wrap em up, unless you want to drop them.

The ones I posted earlier I've dropped by accident no problem. It aint gonna break over your head.

This. Truck bedliner will hold it together even of it cracks

sure, I was lucky some neightbor home was building it's second floor, so I asked info to the builder guy there and he explained me that and even he help me to make them.

I was so lucky.

Are you a qt trap?

favela?

youtube.com/watch?v=8B8ydP6zy6g
more like cheap prefab houses for low and middle class people.

>qt trap
>bogota

I c i c, and people can just pop another floor on?

sure, there are cheaper one floor houses that are made so the person start building his second and third floor.
the two floor houses aren't meant for that.