How many of you dont take cheat days?

I literally don't understand the concept of cheat days. Whats the point of working out if you a re just going to fuck it up with shit food?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schnitzel
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a way for me to take off the edge of dieting. It's easier to diet for a week if I know I can gorge the fuck out afterwards. Next time, I'll make it a week and 1-2 days before my cheat day.

dieting? Are you bulking , maintaining or losing?

What is it your first time?
I think he's asking people who actually lift

>implying i watch my diet whatsoever
>implying i have started my cut that is 1 year late

I don't have 'cheat days', I learned how to cook meals that are both tasty and healthy. If you actually think you need to eat food with the taste of cardboard because 'muh food is nutrients and nothing else' then you're an autistic spazz

>Next time
Never gonna make it

This is why I dont do cheat days. I generally like all the food I cook. The only issue is I usually make 2 meats per week. So im either eating chicken / beef both for lunch and dinner. Gets a bit boring I was to try making something different everyday of the week.

If you're a fat fuck like I imagine the majority of people here are you can't afford to have a cheat day every week maybe once every two months but that's it. If you're already at the weight you want to be and have a nice amount of muscle then and only then can you have a cheat day every week as long as your religiously stick to your diet and go to the gym everyday.

I just plan my diet to include nice things. Guess it helps that I don't care for sweets much.

Seems bizarre to plan to eat stuff you hate most of the time.

I'm on a cut and eat between six and seven meals a day that's about 50 meals a week. If i feel like something bad that's only one meal out of fifty which is still OK.

I normally don't. But when I go out with friends, I guess that can be counted as a cheat day.

I'm clean bulking (aka losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time).

On saturday night is my cheat meal dinner.
I went to the grocery store earlier with the intention to buy a frozen pizza.
I checked out the nutritional info and... I couldn't buy it. Way too much sodium, way too much carb, and something like 1200kcals.

So I walked out with picrelated, which is a 113g bag, totalling roughly 600kcal. I hate it along with some steamed brocolis and a big nice patty of horse meat

That's not what clean bulking means idiot

Cheat day doesnt mean eat the entire fucking pie of pizza you nob

cheat meals dont exist unless youre too fat to eat whatever you want

>falling for lean bulk meme
Son

>clean
>bulk
I'm sure you don't get either of the results you want and your diet is like cardboard shitflakes.
Fucking kill yourself, faggot.

I ate 6 zagnut bars yesterday, no joke.

That's still better than 6 pints of wheat beer I guess.

losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time is surely possible, but it's not called clean bulking you autistic nigger

>what is recomping

How do cheat days work? Do you just eat whatever or do you eat at your metabolic rate?

I never cheat because i figure you might as well eat a handful more calories every day than to make your diet longer that way.

I did cheat the other day when i got super fucking drunk though. Usually neber drink. Is that all there is to it? Now i just feel shit about my diet.

>eat junk food
>body feels like shit afterward and feel like I failed myself for eating it

How do people do this on a daily basis?

inb4 stupid assfaggot scrub

So I've been counting my calories all week,limiting to 1300 tops,cut excess carbs,candy,soda,especially my mango juice that I fucking love and used to drink every morning.That shit is gone.Been doing tons of cardio and no lifting yet,but every day I've been at a calorie deficit of 200.All that I want in life is a piece of pizza or a nice hamburger

Is a cheat day really that bad? Will grease laden food taste like absolute shit? Because honestly I've grown to really like my plain oatmeal breakfast,I genuinely think it tastes pretty good and I fucking love broccoli and learn cuts of turkey and chicken

but part of me just wants to hang out with old friends and have a beer and talk about vidya again

what's the point of moderation?

what's the point of being alive if you're not going to be strict about literally everything and be miserable 100% of the time?

also leptin faggot

Because they're used to feeling like shit. Feeling shitty is their baseline; they either don't know what feeling truly good is like, or they did at some point but fell into the downward spiral of lethargy and can't remember the feeling of being healthy and energetic.

Even if you cook, cheat day doesn't equals fast food. My last "cheat" day was a big piece of cake that a friend made. The cake was so packed with fat, carbs and sugar that the whole cake was like 6500 cals, a 16th of it was 404 cals... I went around 1000 cals than what I should have eaten that day (Though I'm bulking so not that big of a deal).

When cutting, it's also good to take refuel days, that can be associated with cheat meals. Then again, your cheat can be "healthy", like a "fatty" dish, a bigger serving... The aim should just be to hit your TDEE instead of your deficit.
Because indeed, if you just need cheat days for junk food, then you have no pallet whatsoever, and should learn to cook, or cook with better ingredients. Nearly everything exists in a fat free version, and a lot of super proteinated food exist (like the protein cheese from My Protein. That shit taste better than most if not all fat free cheese, has less calories, and more proteins).

Your TDEE is 1500 Cals? How tall/big are you???
>Is a cheat day really that bad?
Consider that a pizza is around 1500 Cals, and a burger with fries around 1000~1200. So yeah it's that bad, because assuming your calculations are correct, you'd aver burst your weekly deficit in one freaking meal.
If you really crave for either pizza or burger, there are low cals alternative that tastes as great. Cauliflower pizza crusts, with protein cheese in the crust, can give you a pizza with decent amount of proteins for only 300 cals.
For burgers, go to a butcher shop, buy the leanest ground beef (~100g) (I insist, butcher shop, not prepared meat), and buy two VERY large mushrooms, sweet potato, and some tomato, salad, and a tad of cheddar.
Now with 150g of sweet potatoes, make fries shapes pieces. Oven them. Cook the meat, build the burger using the srooms as bun (and with only 45 calories worth of cheddar!) and put in the oven for 5 minutes. You'll have burger and fries for around 400 cals, and it tastes like the real shit because of the cheddar.

5'10" and 225 atm

I'm down to try it, might even put a but of bacon on it as well

There are a lot of weak people who don't have the discipline to treat their bodies well consistently.

They are afraid that, if they try to strictly eat healthy all the time, they'll burn out and give up, becoming pigs.

Cheat days give them sonething to look forward to, some extra motivation when they feel weak, because they can say, "I can be weak and give into my cravings, I don't have to overcome them, I'll just do it on Sunday."

It's a coping mechanism. Keeps 'em from being shit 7 days a week.

Your TDEE is way more than 1500 then. So good news, your deficit is probably more than 200 if your consuming 1300 Cals daily. Be carefull not to damage your metabolism by doing a crash diet though, remember that slow and steady wins the race!

cheat meals are fine.

cheat days are pure fucking dumb.

Sometimes I think about it, then I talk myself down for being such a pussy.
If that fails I usually feel such self loathing with the first bite that I stop.

Happy with this situation.

Interacting with other humans

cheat days are just nice. and really theres no problem doing them as long as you fast one day a week.

I only cheat when i crave sweets. Yesterday i ate at maint bc gf wanted to split a nutella pizza

>cheat days
>days
???

>as long as you fast one day a week

Thank you eatting disorder skelleton

>clean bulking (aka losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time).

thats a normal cut u faggot.

>mfw when I ate 5/8 of a pizza last night for my cheat day

Why do I get the feeling you're all DYEL fucks?

220lbs 6'1" at 12%, 2/3/4/5. Cheat days are a valuable part of the bulk/cut cycle and maintain your fucking sanity during harsh cuts.

cheat days are for faggots. they also _always_ mean overeating. if you want that burger so bad just fucking eat it

i never understood it. learn to cook and season your foods and dieting isnt suffering, it just requires paying attention. I don't "crave" shit while I'm cutting. the closest thing to cheat do I have is I eat fish or red meat one day out of the week but I still stick to my macros

i dont think this is autism because a lot of normies and old people think this. it's just ignorance

i thought cheat day implied you forgot all "rules" for one day/meal. eat whatever nobody's counting

you exercise and your TDEE is 1500? are you the size of a small dog perhaps? check your math

>cauliflower pizza
never understood these "alternatives" for real food. theyre always crap. proper dishes designed around the healthy ingredients are always better than these crappy "healthy versions" of fatty dishes
>shroom burger
I recommend you try making lettuce wrapped burgers. taste great and more surprisingly they stay together without making a mess

learn to cook if your sanity suffers while cutting

I only crave sweets and eventually eat some pizza. I don't schedule it, just eat whenever I feel like it with a lot of moderation, if I had pizza last week I'm gonna control myself for at least 3 weeks before considering eating pizza again.

Now sweets are a fucking problem, I was never into sweets, I would skip desserts so I could eat more food but since I started lifting I crave for sweets. The more my lifts go up the worse it gets, I've been eating mashing bananas with a little bit of sugar and cinnamon to get a quick not so unhealthy fix but its getting harder man.

i crave sweets as well, honey tends to get rid of it though

I dont take cheat days. I just eat whatever I want anytime I ever want

Frozen bananas, Tahini, vanilla extract, and honey blended together then chilled will make a creamy textured ice cream. Add anything else you want in there, like 1 scoop or maybe some berries.

I do cook, and I enjoy the food I make, as do my family. It's good food. Doesn't mean I don't have cravings, and occasionally satisfying them is solid.

Also, when I cut, it's deep, because I'm not a fucking pussy.

I cheated harder on cheat days when I started. once you start making gains and realize the effort that goes into it, you automatically start limiting your cheat portions, because you feel like a retard taking a step back when it takes so much effort to take two big steps forward.

I'd recommend expanding your diet and finding some foods you really like that aren't a cheat. For me it's a big sirloin steak made perfectly. I also make my own tacos with chicken and home made salsa. Have a breakfast with lots of bacon.

If in doubt try some different thai foods. Very flavourful, healthy and dead easy to prepare.

What I consider to be cheat days is whenever I go to a wedding, friend's birthdays, or for Christmas. So only a few times a year I eat whatever, but yea learning how to cook is the best way to eat healthy.

Does a 1700 TDEE sound right for a 5'11 145 lb male? Having to eat only 1000~ calories a day to lose this last 5 lbs isn't hard, but my god is my life a minefield of fatty shit. I can't stop thinking about food all the time. It's gotten to the point where I have to plan what I eat weeks out in advance to compensate for family events/going places to try new things.

By eating that few calories you may be decreasing your metabolic rate. You could con your body into thinking its in a famine, and it will start accumulating fat and cutting muscle.

Rather eat a healthy level of calories and then do some very high intensity training for short periods that will boost your metabolic rate (rowing sprints work well for me).

Balance it all so you still have net calorie loss and you are golden. If you have cravings you are doing something wrong.

I usually eat so low to compensate for days where I eat at maintenance/slightly over. Is this just not going to work out for me, is never having a cheat day just the best way to go?

See
Most people are addicted to shit industrial fast food. It's just a habit that needs to be broken. Once you find 'real' food that tastes great you don't need to cheat. Try different traditional cuisines, Thai, Indian, Greek, whatever, I guarantee you'll find something that tastes great for your palate that will become your treat. You're gonna need to learn to cook.

I don't take cheat days because I don't even enjoy eating pizza / mc donalds anymore

because I'm not a robot.

>Whats the point of working out if you a re just going to fuck it up with shit food?
you're not getting swole, fit or 'healthy' by eating garbage 6 days a week. you're also not gonna get fat, 'fuck it up' or lose any gains by eating garbage once a week.

>wanting to be 5'11 140 lb male
oh my god, why

Because I don't have some insane standard of wellness or discipline.

I go to the gym, I bust my ass, and I go out of my way cut out a lot of shit foods from my life. If I happen to want some pizza or something like that every now and then, I'm going to enjoy it.

I understand it's not going to kill me, it's not going to cancel out all the work I put in. So why would I avoid it?

same

I eat pretty much anything when I'm hungry and lazily guesstimate how much food and protein I'm getting a day. I used to be really gung-ho about all this Veeky Forums shit in my first year of lifting and I understand it but now that I have something else than the gym in my life too I find just eating by feeling and lifting with moderate focus just fine.

>people think their healthy food is "good"

breaking news guys

your shitty baked chicken rubbed with a million meme spices paired with sauteed broccoli and rice may be ok

but it will literally never be better than a big piece of breaded and fried chicken breast with a side of buttery mashed potatoes and a bechamel sauce

I'm sorry it just wont

Rate my yesterdays cheat day / slip

540g of candy ~ almost 2000 kcal

Fuck off with this meme. Starvation mode isn't a thing unless you're actually starving. Like in a concentration camp. Your body isn't that stupid that it'll start cannibalizing muscle when there's loads of fat to process first.

As long as you use the muscle.

>punishing yourself for a week just for ruining it by the following weekend
Why not just small amount of "cheat food" everyday and enjoy the eating?

>I'm bulking not big deal hurrrr
what a newbie lol do you also read men's fitness magazine?

i'm a tiny twink trying to become a big beefy bear so "cheat" meals aren't really cheating for me

>buttery mashed potatoes and a bechamel sauce
disgusting

Just have a cheat meal 1 or 2 times a week and count it as part of your daily calories. Problem solved. If you also know how to cook and make food taste good, you won't have an issue.

I wish I lived alone, cutting's gotta be way easier when your parents aren't baking fucking cakes and making ice cream just for the hell of it.

>most people
ask me how I know you're American, degenerate

You're really overestimating the effects of a cheat day, Or I' m really underestimating how much people cheat.

fried chicken is disgusting nigger food. it's got nothing to do with how unhealthy it is

you dont have to eat it just because it's there

How the fuck can you eat that much cake? Are you 5?

thats a rare doggo you got. Heres one for exchange.

i just eat at maintenance for my cheat days

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schnitzel

flattened breaded and fried meats, including chicken are literally a staple all over europe

are you sure you are the white one here?

bechamel goes wonderfully with potatoes

what are you on about

it also goes well on fried chicken

goml

they're white trash food here, sorry

I hit my macros every day and consistently eat things I like, so I don't have to reward myself with food like an animal

People with cheat days will never ever make it, prove me wrong.
What kind of retard wants to gorge on shitty American "food" anyway. There must be something wrong with their brains.

Why not bulk year round? Just bulk a little more when you wanna pack on meat and bulk a little less when you start to get fat again

If you bulk literally every day can be cheat day you idiot.

How? I literally get sick after 100 g

>going out of your way to not eat fast food
Americans are so fucked up in their head

Ewww bechamel might be OK for potatoes but not on chicken

You do understand if you "bulk a little less" you're still gaining weight, right? fatty

I "don't" have a cheat day because when I go out with my family they usually eat unhealthy shit so I consider that my cheat day. If I had a cheat day then I would be obese.

I have cheat snacks every now and then. As in "I really want an oreo and I can eat one without going over maintenance and it's been two weeks since I've had any sort of dessert".

Wew lad, better hop back on ahmets cock, eurocuck

After 7 months of fitness I've had a cheat week during my vacation as corporate slave, probably had everyday an over 4kcal surplus, gotta start paying it tomorrow.

I do cheat weeks while crying into an empty bucket of icecream, twice a month.

Yeah, I understand you fucking retard, do you think you're ever maxed out until you hit literally 100kg? Because you're not, your muscles can grow until that point and cutting before that unless you're fat is retarded, just stay at 13-15% bf all the time

>been cutting for a few months
>not too strict, but still down 15 pounds
>feels good
>going to Portland, Oregon for a week during Halloween for vacation
>so much food, so much beer, so many fucking calories

I could try and say I'll watch my calories while I'm out there, but I fucking know I won't. What's more, my gf and I are going with our two friends who are fat, and the thought of controlling what they eat has literally never crossed their minds, so that's not gonna help. I love them both, but they are fat as fatass. I'm about 170 now, the goal is to hit 160 before going, so even if I come back at fucking 165 I'll still be happy and ready to get back at it.

had a bag of COCOnut oil potato chips, and a coors light today. HMMM feels kinda bad. hitting the gym tonight though full body ass kicker workout erases all sins...