Every single user on fit always talks about how they were benching 2 plates a few months into training

>every single user on fit always talks about how they were benching 2 plates a few months into training

>meanwhile in the real world, whenever I'm at the gym, even the big guys for you just lift one or one and a half and never bother with more

is benching two plates a meme? people get aesthetics by benching one plate for dozen reps

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_anomalies_of_Britain_and_Ireland
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Most guys at my gym that aren't dyel can bench 2pl8. The dyels usually go over 1pl8

>not using 100lb dumbells

> 2 plates
> plates all weigh the same
???

That's because the barbell bench press is utter trash for actual chest development. The aesthetic guys hex press, incline dumbbells and use the cables. It's only the fat fucks and ego lifting dumbasses who load on the plates and go for like 2 reps

What is the bench press even actually good for?

I benched 1pl8x17 before and I have a shit chest and no real size. If you've got good muscular development despite not being able to rep 2pl8 at least 5-10 times you've probably got pretty good genetics.

Have memes ruined fit? You are fucking retarted, Arnold had one of the greatest chests of all time and always did flat. I also do incline but that's all I need, flies sometimes.

Don't know if it means anything but I tend to get chest DOMS after weighted dips and incline dumbell but rarely after barbell bench

>checked

killing idiots with suicide grips

i'm all for more benchpressing at gyms.

i bench 1,5plate for reps at my gym and there are like 5 ppl benching more than me

this is bait

I go to a Gold's gym and regularly see lean looking guys benching 2+ pl8 with the big motherfuckers benching like 4. I've also seen women benching 2pl8

One big fat or built fat black guy squats something like 7 pl8.

Stop looking for an excuse to be weak

rofl, he would have big chest if he did pushups with the amount of juice he was taking...

>1pl8 x 17

i did this 3 months after i was born faggot

>I've also seen women benching 2pl8
this is a lie

I saw a new member of my gym (like 3-4 months) fat latino benching 2pl8 for 8 reps, everything is possible

Am I correct in saying 1pl8 is only 40kg?? How's that even hard

I walked into a university gym a few years ago because I wanted to start training there. There was a guy with the biggest chest I've ever seen. He was wearing a tight Cookie Monster tshirt and he was putting 4 plates on the bar as I was walking past him. Fucking monster

you're wrong as fuck m8, 1pl8 is a little over 61kg

60kg, count the bar

1plate bench = 60kg

2x20kg plate + 20kg bar

That calculation equals 80kg though.

It's 135lbs

not that guy but holy shit user
2 x 20 kg = 40 kg
40 kg + 20 kg = 60 kg

The IPF records for Women's Sub-juniors have every single bech press record over 50kg body weight at above 2pl8.

If girls born in 1999 can bench press 2.5pl8 under IPF rules, why can't you?

sure

>
>Arnold had one of the greatest chests of all time and always did flat.

Yeah, he never ever did anything else, it was flat bench or nothing else. It was always with light weight for a fuck ton of reps too.

OK FOR THE RETARDS NOW IN MS PAINT

How the fuck did they get out?

Better question - why the fuck did they get in?

Subtract the weight for the holes in the plates

What's a half plate? Is it 30kg or 40kg?

Why didn't you label the room's gravity? Which hemisphere is it in?

How the fuck is this a complicated concept?

A standard bar is 20kg or 45lbs in the US (so 400g heavier).
A standard plate is also 20kg or 45lbs.

A single plate is 20kg, half that is 10kg. When people refer to 1 plate it means one plate on both sides of the 20kg bar, so you have 20kg+20kg+20kg=60kg.

One and a half plate would be 60kg+10kg+10kg=80kg.

How do people not get this shit, it's not hard.

>not counting the weight of your arms bones
>making it
Those dyels tho

OOOOOOOHH SHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

I know you dickhead.

Was just making sure. Because if 1p8 is 60, some people might say 0.5pl8 for 30kg, but that wouldn't make sense obviously when you get 1.5pl8. Anyway, just doublechecking.

you dont count the bar lol

You can't divide the bar by two, that's the part people seem to forget for some reason.

1pl8 is always 60kg because of the extra 20kg from the bar, from there it goes up in 40kg intervals.

Yh, you do. You count the plates, the bar, and your bodyweight (just the weight of your arms if you're benching, but full body weight for squats, etc.).

kys famillia

dat lmao3pl8 incline tho

>citing a roid abuser to advice natural lifters
are you literally retarded?

did typing that out make you feel better about yourself, user?

4evermirin

please end your life

or atleast get sterilised so you can never procreate

What units are those numbers in? This isn't helpful.

lmaoing @ u right now famalam

this post is actually true, all other compound lifts are great for adding size to their respective parts, but if you want a big chest then do some flies

lmaoing@your retardation familiƤ

This is so much fun

Also this masterpiece needs to be on the front page below the sticky

if I can bench 2plate for reps, how much should I be able to do with flies/dips/barbell incline/whatever? I want to stop looking like a spooky skelly.

Lbs

Someone post the scientifically correct way of measuring the plate weight

after years of seeing this meme on Veeky Forums it is actually manifested in real life.

my gym recently bought extra plates from some shitty budget brand. all of that brand's standard plates (the ones marked "20 kg") actually weigh about 18kg because of some manufacturing issues.

it's fucking hilarious seeing some guy deadlift 4 plates of that brand, walk up to him and tell him that all this time they've been lifting slightly less than they thought, it really triggers them.

to be honest though if I thought I was doing 1plate OHP and was actually lifting 56kg, I'd fucking choke somebody.

depends if you are doing barbell flies or dumbell flies

Pretty good bait lad

Go to a better gym, I work out at my uni gym and see guys benching 2pl8 pretty often. From time to time you'll even see 2-3 struggle reps of 3pl8.

I'm 3 months in and bench 100kg at 5'8 73kg, wasn't even that difficult desu.

post gains, I want to see what the chest of a 100kg bencher looks like.

You lift the bar too don't you? Retard

>manlet strength
>impressive

kek

the bar doesnt weigh anything because you have weights so long from the center which cancels out the bars weight

>i go to the gym and see seasoned lifters not lifting what i imagine they could be lifting
>i can't figure out why using lower weight actually creates more gains

I bet you count the weight clips as well, fucking retard.

I want to kill all you trolls.

He have this thread everyday now.
The answer is:
You are a DYEL and surrounded by DYELs in a DYEL gym

>the bar doesnt weigh anything because you have weights so long from the center which cancels out the bars weight

so, we can just connect the bar with weights to the linear drive with motor/generator
when we release the bar, then it goes down and rotates the generator which generates electrical energy equal to the potential energy difference of bar with weights minus
then we use the generator as a motor and use energy to raise the bar with weights up, but since the bar doesn't count, we consume less energy than we generated before

PERPETUUM MOBILE MODE ENGAGED

To everyone saying flat bench is trash, fine. But do tell me, how does that affect the "4 major compounds"? So are there actually only three? Does incline bench 'replace' bench? Do a few exercises replace bench so there are actually 6+ major compounds? I must know.

Nigger, I've been at this since February and I still struggle 5x5 dumbbell press at 14kg each. I can't do more than 10 pressups when rested.

What the fuck is wrong with my chest

What can a spotter realistically do if it goes south in this situation? As if the damage isn't already done before they can even react

I can easily bench 90kg for at least a few reps and I don't bench at all. OHP and weighted dips and other Shit are much more beneficial for strength and mobility

You're autistic, I'm low test and I can do way more than that

>taking Arnold as fitness guideline
Let me guess. You also read 10+ men's fitness magazine and take every word from them seriously and you also buy whatever supplements the store clerk tells you to

>women benching more than 2
Either they only moved 3inches for 1 rep or you're lying

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_anomalies_of_Britain_and_Ireland

>mfw I have a IRL hyperbolic time chamber increasing the weight I'm lifting

Obviously I realize "4 major compounds" is an invention and not entirely objective, but is there a chest-focused compound exercise I can focus on instead of bench press?

>autistic

Nice meme.

Dips.

You forget that Veeky Forums e stats the fuck out of their lifts and stats
>add 10+ lbs to bodyweight
>add 2 inches of height
>cut length of time lifting in half "because i didn't get serious until a year ago"

List goes on, but you get the idea. Just the other day that dyel faggot with the motorcycle helmet was claiming a 2 plate strict press.

Just remember that there are legitimately strong people on this board, but people are so insecure that they'll lie to strangers on the internet for validation that they dont get in real life.

There are actually 3

Bench dl and squat

OHP is a good exercise but shouldn't be up there

This, always take any number on here with a grain of salt

yes they can and do

In that photo the spotter is at the side where he can push the weights clear if he needs to.

>implying you can bench 20pl8s

kys lying dyel

it just does :/

so 1pl8 is 80lbs, therefore 260kg then?

damn, I'm only lifting like 1/12 of 1pl8

am I gonna make it?

here we go again

havnt been on Veeky Forums for 2 years but Im glad to see the same shitposts baits still work so well

>cut length of time lifting in half "because i didn't get serious until a year ago"

i hate this one the most.

Do dumbbell flys. Those explode my chest to a point where I have to overwork everything else to catch up. Don't even have to go that heavy.

>Gold's gym
aka roid haven

Someone doesn't tuck their elbows to their sides and drop their shoulders

The simple answer is they are talking shit. Ask anyone with a decent physique if benching was a big part of them getting there and they'll all say yes.

How much it hits chest depends on how you bench and your genetics. Technique wise it primarily has to do with how wide you flare your elbows. Tucking them will mean you bench more with your triceps and is the way most powerlifter bench. Flaring your elbows will bring more pec involvement into it but add more stress to the shoulders. This tends to be the way most bodybuilders will bench.

If you want chest development lower the weight and bench with elbows out for higher reps. If you want big numbers load the bar and tuck your elbows more and go for lower reps.

The lift itself is fine, it all just comes down to how people use it and most of Veeky Forums is too retarded to realise this.

Ideally you'd want two spotters, one each side, ready to catch the weight if needed. Also, don't suicide grip or try 3pl8 unless you're Arnold.

I'm doing lateral barbell raises atm, my chest hurts just thinking about it

>he doesn't use the supplements his GNC rep tells him too

Enjoy ur no gains.

inb4
>counting the bar