QTDDTOT

Is it true that squatting makes your abs broader, covering up the six-pack and is counter-effective to building a V-shape?

Anyone here got good results ab-wise from squatting? Does anyone regretting them?

Is it just genetic how you will turn out?

Other urls found in this thread:

catalystathletics.com/article/1895/How-to-Build-a-Weightlifting-Platform/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZAHoPUgrubw
youtube.com/watch?v=3a_64igPAVo
thebenchpress.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1797&cPath=52
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You will get a big stomach yes. Just do cardio for the legs, no one cares except homosexuals.

OATZ!

I've got a basic squat rack in my apartment, but I'm a little worried about doing deadlifts at home (and damaging the floor). It doesn't matter if the DL starts a few inches higher off the floor, does it? If I put some pillows or something underneath to brace it.

Don't use pillows. You can make a small platform out of plywood and rubber matting pretty easily.

yeah, you get broader abs with squats and deadflits

personally i think its cool as fuck if you are man

But if you are a chick... maybe you should take it easy, a small waist is beautiful in any girl

The fuck is this broader waist meme. Zyzz used to squat and deadlift. It's genetics.

Are squats overrated? I've been doing it for two weeks and barely made any progress. I feel like I actually get results out of my daily run.

Two months, I meant

What are good bulking/cutting speeds? 3pbs./week for both? Aka gain 3 pounds per week on bulk and lose 3 per week on cut. Is that too aggressive or not aggressive enough? I have a really tough time counting calories. I've just been trying to eat a lot, so I want to know what a good pace would be to aim for on my bulk.

Currently 6'2" 175, hoping to reach 190 in a couple months then slim down to 180 and then go up to 195 and stay there. Can I do that all effectively within ~7 months?

What weight did you start at? If you're on SS or sl, maybe try 531, in general a slower progression. Are you sure something like shoulder or hip flexor mobility isn't limiting you?

What do you fellas think of this routine? It's based on Eric helms novice routine from his book and he seems to know what he's talking about. Linear progression until I get back to my old PRs:

Lower A
Squats - 3x5
RDL - 3x8
Lunges - 2x8
Leg Curl - 2x8
Straight Calf Raise - 3x12/Ab Work 3x12 superset

Upper A
Bench - 3x5
Chest Supported Row - 3x8
Incline Bench - 3x8
Lat Pulldown - 2x10
Lateral Raise 2x15/Face Pulls 2x15 superset
Bicep Curls 2x12/Overhead Tricep Ext 2x12 superset

Lower B
Deadlift - 3x5
Front Squat - 3x8
Leg Extensions - 2x12
Leg Curl - 2x12
Seated Calves 3x15/Ab Work 3x15 superset

Upper B
Military Press - 3x5
Pull-ups - 3x8
Flat DB Bench - 3x8
Cable Row - 2x10
Lateral Raise 2x15/Flys 2x15 superset
Bicep Curls 2x15/Tricep Pressdown 2x15 superset

I squat without weights, besides holding my dumbbell handles forward. No joint problems, it just still hurts just as much and leaves me equally short of breath as two months ago.

excuse me?

So you're doing body weight squats or what? I can't really tell what you're describing here...

It's fine but ditch the leg extensions

catalystathletics.com/article/1895/How-to-Build-a-Weightlifting-Platform/
I used this user, its a good article written by a trustworthy oly lifter

How come? I heard they can fuck your knees up but I've never had a problem with them

How do I go about making a 2 day gym routine? I won't have that much time to go to the gym, so I'll have to make due with 2 days.
I was thinking of splitting it in an upper day and a lower day, and add all the big movements (Squats, deads, bench, OHP), along with some useful accessories (abs, pull-ups, back extensions, etc).
Would this be a decent idea for a routine?

If you're a beginner just do SS or SL imo. Even though they want you to lift thrice a week. If twice is your limit then just make due.

Because you already have enough quad work and it's very easy to go overboard and hurt your knees because of strong quads/weak hams. Leg exts are pretty shit in and of themselves and shouldn't be ever used outside of rehab programs

What are some low cal snacks I can have in the afternoon. I always get hungry about 3 o'clock. I'd have nuts but >allergic

Switched to Greyakull because of slow as fuck progress.
First 2 amraps on bench and ohp I did only 7 reps, while on the book he says you should do mire than 10.
Second ohp session after 10% deload and I barely make 5 on last set.
What the fuck

Any fat non-dairy sauces I can make to boost the calories in my meals?

Abs are over-rated. Looking good is a side effect of getting strong.

Even a single sheet of 3/4 plywood will help a lot without screwing your lifts.

Leg extensions put horrific shear forces over all the knee ligaments.

I'd go full body, one day volume, the other intensity.

>Just started getting Veeky Forums
>87kg / 182cm
>Beer belly and baby tits
>Ideal body pic related

Should I cut first, then bulk and cut again, or just straight for a while then cut? And for how long? I was thinking of cutting for a month or two then bulking for about 5 months, then cutting again for a few months, is that a good idea?

Also, I'm currently doing back/front squats, bench/overhead press, deadlifts, chins/pulls and dips, with 1km (working up to 1 mile) run afterwards - 3 days a week, with 3x5 for the lifts. Is this good? Or is there anything I should switch up?

Yeah. I mean, it's shitty because of the frequency but if you can't do otherwise go for it

I'm not really a beginner anymore (although I have to get back into training again after a period of not going). Thing is that I'll also be running 3/4x a week and playing ball 1x a week, alongside uni work. I just want to maintain my strength/size or progress slow so I don't get injured.

Protein shake with water. A decent isolate can get 24g protein in 90 calories.

Cheese sauces are great for this. Alternatively, nut butters (peanut, almond, etc.)

You should work out and eat at maintenance.

>You should work out and eat at maintenance
Yeah? Would that allow me to gain muscles and lose (some) fat? And how long should I keep it up?

My shoulders hurt when I do dips, what am I doing wrong?

Retract and lower your scapulae, keep your shoulders externall yrotated and try not to lean forward

>Retract and lower your scapulae
I tried doing this but found it hard
>try not to lean forward
Probably because of this, because I thought you were supposed to lean forward.

3x40 squats. As far down as I can go. Arms stretched out, holding dumbbells with no weights on them.

You lean forward if you wanna incorporate the pec minor, which is what you're doing, that's what is hurting

Sure hope you're on the bottom floor or you need to kill yourself. Nobody having to live in the cramped quarters of an apartment deserves to hear some autist slam around weights because he can't bother going to a gym.

Just fucking work out faggot. Why would you cut? You have nothing under that fat to show? Why would you bulk? You're already fat. You have no idea what you're doing, and the odds are significantly in favor of you just fucking quitting in a few months. So why don't you just go lift weights, and see where you get after a while.

>mfw fucking novices are hyper focused on shit they shouldn't be worrying about because some professional is

You don't know what the pec minor is

not the guy you are talking to but many many novices waste time because there diet doesn't match up with their goals.

Slightly off topic but I wanted to ask people who are of the same mindset as me.

I'm thinking of going to university abroad. On gap year right now, live in UK, originally from Eastern Europe. I just want the country I go to to offer education that is free or cheaper than UK education, that is safe, and where there aren't too many Muslims. Srs. Also where it isn't hard to find good gyms & food. I don't mind where it is as long as it meets these conditions.

Pls halp Veeky Forums and thank you :)

What are you studying?

I hear Eastern Europe is good, go there.

>abs are over-rated

Well that sounds like an aerobic workout. I'm not sure what you're expecting. You need to do progressive overload. In other words, if you want to be less winded after 40, you need to do 50 or more at a time. Your body will do the bare minimum of what it has to.

>Is it true that squatting makes your abs broader, covering up the six-pack and is counter-effective to building a V-shape?
never heard of this before. sounds like broscience

The first few months your diet means fuck all as long as you're getting enough to eat, and that's typically with skinnier men. He's fat, he just needs to lift, drink water, and eat 3 solid meals a day.

I get what you're saying though. I just get sick of seeing people lifting for a week asking about what macros they need to hit, what assistance gear, like wraps and belts,they need, and what sort of training cycle should they be working for the upcoming season.

Hence why I'm asking, you turbo-faggot. By cut, all I mean is lose weight so I'm not so fat, and bulk to gain muscles, no? I'm already "just fucking work[ing] out", I'm asking if I should eat less/more, or maintain.

computer science

Lol not sure if joke or not

>turbo-faggot
Look everyone, the fat shit talking novice is asspained. Fuck off retard.

> By cut, all I mean is lose weight so I'm not so fat
Really glad you clarified, I thought you meant you were going to kill yourself when you said cut.

No, it's just you are a faggot for being asspained over somebody asking a question in a question thread.

No, because cutting might make it seem like I'm trying to lose weight to show off something under their fat, like user said, when all I was asking was is there any point losing the beer belly before starting work on my muscles.

>SAFE SPACE WAAAAAAAA LEAVE MY HUGBOX THREAD
Ask stupid faggot questions, get treated like a stupid faggot.

you know if you 2 stopped arguing then there would be no downside

You can chat shit all you want, I know I'm asking stupid questions because I'm new to this. You have no excuse for being a faggot, since you are so experienced. Post pics, fag.

>No, because cutting might make it seem like I'm trying to lose weight to show off something under their fat
Cutting refers to losing weight, ideally just bodyfat. It's called cutting weight. It doesn't matter what you have under it. Look, you need to just focus on working out. You're obviously inexperienced.

I know, but that guy was acting like I was cutting to get defined, when obviously I'm not, and people who use the term cutting, usually refer to post-bulking when they are trying to get definition, whereas fatties trying to lose weight, just call it losing weight. Ffs.

Sure thing friendo

>and people who use the term cutting, usually refer to post-bulking when they are trying to get definition
How would you know what they usually refer to it as? You just started. Stop worrying about your gut, just go lift and get enough to eat.

Nice calves.

Anecdotal evidence, and alright cheers, I'll continue doing what I'm doing.

>nice calves
Get at me DYEL

So, what's better for a 2 day routine? Volume/intensity or upper/lower?

>free education or cheaper than UK
>no muslims
>not Eastern Europe
literally a retard

Hey user I'm in a similar position with you.
I started with 174cm 80 kg on a cut and after about 5 months I'm down to 70kg. My man boobs have very significantly disappeared and lost a great portion of my belly. Overall my body is has more definition. I'll cut until I'm about 67kg and if I am happy with the results I will start bulking with about 300 calories surplus until 80kg (if I feel like I'm not building muscle and getting fat maybe sooner) then depending on the results I'll do a smaller cut again and lose the remaining fat

youtube.com/watch?v=ZAHoPUgrubw
Why's my OHP progress so fucking slow??
Deloaded from 50 to 45kg on GSLP, did 7 amrap last time and 5 yesterday.
I'm looking into getting microplates but that's not the reason, 7 for 45kg is way too low if I repped 50

Are there any working fat burners that will work well with my diet and lifting?

Just bought a bench off Craigslist for $30, I didn't feel like buying actual self spotters, so I just used an upside down table. My question is do you think I'll be fine with pic related as a self spotter, or should I just buy one for however much they are so I don't die

in PPL do I do exercises consecutively before moving on to the next one or should I work in a circuit ?

for example do I do 5 reps of bench then rest 2 mins then again 5 reps bench ? or do I move on to military press for example after 1 set of bench ?

Does 1/2/3/4 refer to reps or 1rm? I just maxed my OHP at 140 last night so I'm pretty excited.

You're going to outgrow that really really quickly. I got a bench like that when I started. Use it for now, then you'll probably be able to get at least $30 for it on Craigslist when you're done. I gave mine to a neighbor who ended up giving it to his son for Christmas a few years ago so I think it was worth it.

Kek, does that even hold the weight of the bar?

>Vinyl weights
>How about you get cast iron and be a fucking man you homo.

Buy a self spotter, do not attempt to make one yourself and break some ribs later because you wanted to save $25

Not him but I had one like that and it held like 100 lbs so it'll be good for a few months IF you're just starting

I see u logan.

Dyel here, I've been deadlifting for a few months now and I'm still trying to get me form right. My question is, whenever I deadlift, for 1-2 days after my lower back (spinal erectors I guess) feel tight/tense. There's no pain, they just feel tight. Is this a normal sensation to have? Is it the equivalent of lower back doms, or am I doing something wrong?

youtube.com/watch?v=3a_64igPAVo

Here's a video of me a few weeks ago, it's baby weight but I'm wondering if maybe I'm lifting with my back too much? I usually get sore in my hamstrings and traps after deadlifts, but only feel tight in my back.

>mixed grip
Looks like your hips shoot up too quickly.

>Wow. About as low as it gets...
>Here have some test JPGS

They were free and I'm poor
I've only tried putting 135 on the bench part, seems to hold up just fine
The makeshift self spotter though I've only put 100 lbs on just to see, and it seems to do fine
That's what I was kinda thinking, but I'm not going to shell out $100 for a bench right off the bat, as said it's good for starting, and I'd rather start off with something shitty when my lifts are also shitty, and don't require all that much
Do you really think I should get a better bench or a safety catch like below for the babby weight I'm doing? I'll definitely invest in a better bench once I hit around 1.5pl but what I have should be safe for a 5x5 ending in 1pl right?
thebenchpress.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1797&cPath=52

thanks senpai

pls respond might be a dumbass question but wel all start somewhere right

So, Veeky Forums knows a lot about synthol, right?

Why can't I find pictures of women who've used it on their tits? Am I just searching for the wrong stuff, or is there some reason that it can't be done?

y do u want to see this

I'm trying to get a flat chest, Nice pectorals and decent biceps. So what you're saying is if I squat I'm going to look like a barrel? I've been doing SL 5x5 for a few months now while I cut, lost a lot of weight, almost to the point that I can start a clean bulk. My quads look nice, I have stretch marks on my biceps so they're going along nicely, and my chest is almost flat. Is my chest going to turn into a barrel the higher I go in weight?

Alright, thanks for the advice user.

Nobody is here to help you with your inflation fetish faggot.

Should I train abs or is deadlift and squatting enough? I know low bf is essential for visible abs but I see a lot of discussion about the topic and I'm curious.

>y do u want to see this
Mostly to see how fucking stupid it looks. The syntholed-up guys looks like fucking clouds, so the girls can only be worse.

im about 3 months into SL,
170cm
70kg,
got some fat that I want to lose, a bit on my legs, hips, belly and tits. Now if I cut, will I not be developing much muscle and will I fail my weights more? But If I bulk, I assume I will get more fat as well? When do you chose which, and is there a middle way or something

>3 lbs/week

Good fucking luck bud. At-best, you should be expecting 2 lbs/week and that's only if you're fairly overweight.

He also did steroids

> can't squat because of knee pain in left knee
What do?

You can only gain 1 lb of muscle per week as a natty, and that requires perfect training and thats assuming youre far from your natty limit. So youd probably be gaining 2.5 lbs fat and .5 lbs muscle each week.

zyzz did not know how to deadlift and was never afaik recorded squatting

he was literally just a fuckwit with some roids.

is there a reason for not using a belt? kinda feels comfortable

If you want max core strength gains and aren't so anal about numbers then using a belt isn't necessary, just progress at a pace you feel your core can handle imo

fucking lmao you're clueless

Then tell me how to improve

read the sticky

>gain 3lb per week
are you trolling?

reposting from last thread

fatty cutting here. I know I'm not gonna gain much, if any, strength by the time I get down to my goal.

My question is, what program do I do when I hit that weight? Do I continue SS until I hit my maximum goals? Do I do a different program?

If you're gonna be a fag, stop spewing shit