How many pistol squats can you do?

how many pistol squats can you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qLa2gyfoHsc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

RIP you're knees

Good bait son. Pistol squats actually improve your kneejoints rather than destroy them.

10. I have more issues with the balance than the actual squat.

Enough. This was from may 2015 but haven't done a weighted one since so I could probably do more

very nice user

Thanks

>explodingknees.jpg

Can do 14 but I'm a skinny fuck.

None, yet. I'm learning to do them off a chair first, and I'll go lower gradually. Even if I was strong enough to do them my hamstrings are tight as shit still so I can't even get into the position.

>tfw knock knees

is there any point in doing pistol squat? did you build any muscle mass on them?

It looks cool. So you can pose and post it on facebook to impress normies.

I've never done these before and just tried to bang one out

>ow my fucking knees

I came down way too fast

Why are they called pistol squats? It resembles nothing like a pistol.

If I didn't have access to barbells/squat rack then I'd do them again.

I feel like they definitely help develop your knee extensors/flexors and can help build mobility/stability within the squat but overloading with barbell is far easier.

Add them as a fun accessory on leg day

Mate, you don't just go into the gym and try to squat 2pl8 on your first go.
You build up from bar and slowly add weight.

Grab a wall and slowly do a pistol squat.
Gradually support yourself less and less with the wall.

It's like taking a bullet to your knees.

It kind of looks like an upside down pistol

Just tried to do one.
I can do them with my right leg but not with my left one. What the fuck is this shit?

Are you retarded or just b8ing?

Here's your (you)

>inefficient motor patterns
>muscular imbalance
You're probably right handed/right footed correct?
When you do a regular squat you'd be instinctively pushing harder with your right developing it more. Do more isolateral exercises

kek
that's like those star constellations that retards claim look like a bulls or animals when it really resembles an assortment of random birds' droppings.

Never mind, just tried to do it from the bottom position and was able to do it. I don't seem to lack the strength or flexibility, I guess it's just coordinance.

>extended leg is barrel
>bent leg is trigger
>body is handle
It's just a name ya pleb
Next you'll be telling me dumbbell/barbell/cable rows don't look like rowing

>donkey kicks
>not how a donkey actually kicks

>star jumps
>stars are spheres not 5 pointed

>being this retarded
Do you want him to have an erection so it looks like a trigger, you fucking faggot.

How i hate this "Al' Kavadlo" guy. Complete dyel with his stupid smile who thinks he can train 'advanced' calisthenics. He can barely do 5 muscle ups himself

BTFO

yeah not a fan either but does have good pistol squat form. I'll give that to him

is shrimp squat harder than pistol squat?

Some people find shrimp harder, some find pistol harder.
I can't do shrimps but can do pistols easily

The ones where you hold your heel up to your arse are supposed to be harder yeah

what the fuck is a shrimp squat

none .

how do you develop those . dont have the strenght in the legs to do it .
were must i start .

youtube.com/watch?v=qLa2gyfoHsc

My 15 year old little brother can do like 10. I can't even squat to reach a low shelf without being in intense pain or needing help to get back up...

what the fuck is google

THANKS .

i can do about 8 with either leg, but it never feels right. my mobility is fine, back doesn't round, but it never feels good on my knees, so i don't do it anymore.

Have you considered controlling your descent, or keeping the leg out in front passive, or straightening it out like someone with decent mobility, or maybe to not use bouncing?

>deadlifts
>still alive

>citation needed