Hey Veeky Forums, how do you do it

Hey Veeky Forums, how do you do it
How do you accept your own mortality? The mortality of others?
How do you get past the idea that one day you will not be you?
How does someone live like this without fear strong enough to drop you in depression?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2QOhKVvfXD8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't, not all of the time.
I haven't yet. But I assume I will. I have time.
Depression is the natural state when you've realized.

is denial the default state?

>How do you get past the idea that one day you will not be you?
One day? user, you are already not you. Every single moment of experience makes you a new person. Five year old you is dead, ten year old you is dead, the person you were yesterday is dead. You've died while reading this. You've died a million times and never noticed or cared. The person whose heart stops beating one day will be a different person, not you.

I want to die.

same

you dont you just suffer for the rest of your life because you are too soft to commit suicide

>How do you accept your own mortality?
You don't have a choice. You can reject it as well as you can reject gravity or entropy.

>How do you get past the idea that one day you will not be you?
>Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones

>How does someone live like this without fear strong enough to drop you in depression?
Stoics have always viewed death as a positive thing. No matter how bad your suffering becomes at any time you can kill yourself and be free of it forever.

I want to know how someone lives in fear of death.
Immorality would be horrifying to me.

For me the most depressing things about death are:

You can't get rid of suffering because death can't bring you relief. You will unable to feel relief. You are unable to suffer after death but you are also unable to not-suffer.

When you die it will not be just end of your life. It will be like you never lived at all. It will erase your your life from the very beginning, not just end it.

I ascended into godhood and no longer needed it

Occupy yourself a lot. Then one day you die without realizing. Key is to make sure you have no time to get depressed.

There is nothing that makes you inherently you. You are just a random composition of genes and past experiences.

Wishful thinking

Understand that your death means literally nothing in the universe, you may live with the perception of the universe only revolving around you but you are only a tiny fraction of it and it will continue after your death, be happy that you aren't the end of everything and that after you life will go on, build something for your children to to take on or inherit, my grandfather passed away a few days ago and I am sad of course but thinking about what he thaught me as a kid and what he left me I am sure he didn't die for nothing, he died a peaceful death with his family around him and was happy to see he had grandchildren to go on in life.

OP here, this really helped
This did too, thanks wise anons
and this

By learning the truth.

Do tell user, what is the truth

You cannot be told the truth.

You have to find it for yourself, or you could go ask for a redpill.

dang

oof

i only see miself as contingently mortal, if i have kids my body can die, this body is just one iteration, what i must make sure is that the iterations continue

nothing about us is personal, anything 'personal' is just a momentary abberation, a compilation of accidental idiosincracies piled up trough a individual life experience

the only real problem is epigenetics, that part realy worries me, i should live more healthy, drink and smoke less

but then i think all my ancestors drank like slavshits and smoked since they were 10 yo, so...

I don't care. See .
I don't understand how anybody can fear the cessation of being. It doesn't matter. Nothing matters. You already don't matter. So just do whatever matters to you.

>How do you accept your own mortality?

I'm God in mortal form so I'm cool with my mortality. Either there's an afterlife or there isn't, but I'm definitely God either way so there's really no way I could go wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=2QOhKVvfXD8