What makes you keep your discipline when that inner voice tells you that it's ok to take a day off or that cookie wont...

What makes you keep your discipline when that inner voice tells you that it's ok to take a day off or that cookie wont hurt you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PgQD9Z4UfBA
youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE
youtube.com/watch?v=8ZL68M1D198
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It is okay to take a day off because rest days are important.

That cookie won't hurt because I'm still not on my max calories today, besides I haven't gained weight in weeks so I think I need to up my calories by 500 or so each day.

my inner voice does that, except for my studies since I shifted focus on academics because of injuries

Eat the cookie, because it won't hurt. You sensi fag.

whenever I feel like skipping a gym day or cheating I usually watch something like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=PgQD9Z4UfBA

I'd totally lick his sweaty asshole. NO HOMO

>Reminder that without exercise I will be depressed which is why I started in the first place

>reminder that I am gluten intolerant and a cookie will lead to headaches and/or loose bowel movements for the next 2 days

god these are cringe

That the self is an illusion and ultimately only the present moment matters.

I actually enjoy lifting and one cookie won't hurt you

I am a nihilist, so I killed that inner voice.

>why should I have a need to eat a cookie

I ask myself, if I were you. But I am not you, and I dont even have that voice inside of me.

I have the opposite voice that I made myself

>does eating X contribute to pic related?

and thus I eat cocoa, watermelon (for that potential muscle soreness reducing effects). But also ashwaganda, spirulina, garlic...probiotics, flavorless protein shakes and a whole host of supplements.

>call yourself out on your own shit

Has he called himself out on that massive gear use that he needed to get gains?

I don't have that little bitch of an inner voice.

youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE
NEVER GIVE UP!

>pull up MFP
>big red number showing I'm already over budget as is
>decide to go to sleep instead of eating more

Bulking, bro. I could eat a dozen cookies today and it wouldn't hurt me.

>tfw told myself today that I would take a day off from stretching and physio and just do it tomorrow

>this is what Veeky Forums actually believes

>about to buy wow: legion
>one click away
>stop for a second a think about the guilt I'm going to feel as soon as I press click
>dont buy it

works for everything else tbqh

Where in that illusion can you actually prescribe any importance to lifting/body/health? As the eternal self, the one whom observes this body/mind construct is it difficult to have any motivation to improve? Knowing that improvement is merely a mind-manifested ploy??

Ive been going at it so long that working out just comes naturally now. I dont have that inner voice because the habit of going to the gym is deeply instilled. As far as the cookie goes, you can have it still as long as my macros and calories are still on track. If im injured though i might have to take a day off but that is more circumstancial.

youtube.com/watch?v=8ZL68M1D198

I watch this video daily

When my mind wants to escape the present moment, I let it fuck off and enter meditation mode. Apparently there's still enough of the desire to change left in me to keep working, but not enough to distract me from actually doing it. I only wish I could keep this state longer and not get distracted by thoughts in the middle of lifting or running, though.

Perhaps all will change if I get better at it, but still, there's this "before/after enlightenment, chop wood, carry water" thing.

Habit. I'm at the point where I just go, automatically. The hardest part for me was always showing up, but now my body takes care of it by rote because I've done it for so long. It's exactly like said.

But it took years of work just to make it a habit. The key for me was changing my behavior and the motivations behind it. I stopped ~trying to work out and started actually doing it. Until that happened, I was only getting better at trying.

I would never consider taking a day off even on my head unless I really needed to rest even then I still debate on going even though I need to rest

you need discipline lad just tell yourself "you have to go" no questions asked don't bother even considering why you should go or you shouldn't go just fucking go to the gym

Why would you take a day off unless you're sick? I cannot wait to get a new PR, I wish I wouldn't need to take any rest
Lifting is so cash, you could only bitch about it if you were in it for bitches

I meditate a lot so i understand that inner voice is not my own. It's just a symptom of my environment and current mental state. Like a thermometer measuring the temperature. Use your inner voice as a tool or gauge to help better correct your life, but never mistake it for your own will.

>being this delusional

The fuck you talking about retard...almost nobody should be lifting every day and eating a cookie means nothing.

>What makes you keep your discipline when that inner voice tells you that it's ok to take a day off

most nights i go to bed thinking about the workout i'm going to have in the morning. i haven't eaten a cookie for years. feelsgoodmang